Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM

25 posts, read 156,518 times

Advertisements

I am 35, workaholic married man. I guess, over the years passed by, I did not pay too much attention on my skin care, especially my face and now I am noticing a lill bit of dark circles under my eyes like bags, following by wrinkles on the side.

I am online, trying to choose something that works, there are so many options that I am kind a confuse.

Based on my age and skin condition, can someone help me giving some suggestions. I just need to learn which would be the best fit for me.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
For a start, drink lots of water and make sure that you are eating healthy. Make sure you are getting enough of your Omega-3 oils. A light moisturizer with a sunblock would also be a good idea. Are you exercising? A good weekly cardio workout will get you sweating and clear your pores, plus relax you since you're such a workaholic. Also make sure you have a good laugh once a day. Happy smiling people seem to look more youthful. Older looking people always look so tired and grim to me.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:42 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
The older you get, the more the "fat" pads under your eyes separate and sag--- there's really not alot, other than surgery that you can do for a long-term fix.
BUT---Olay's Eye Derma-pod are really nice! ($18 or so at Wal-Mart)--they do reduce the look of fine lines and do "de-puff" the bag area under your eyes. The results only last about 5 or 6 hours, but before a "night on the town", it's a good "pick me up!"

Old 02-11-2009, 06:01 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,118 times
I really like Serious Skin Care's Hi-Bright with Haloxyl eye cream . A big tube was $30.00 last I checked. It is sold on HSN , you can go online and order.The main ingredient truly reduces the dark color under your eyes, it is not a temporary lift cream, though it does diminish the puffiness for a while. It is very matte and not cosmetic, just a nice white cream that a man could use. The line was developed by a dematologist and Sylvester Stallone's pretty wife, Jennifer. She swears he uses the stuff, if that makes it more manly!

For puffiness in the morning I like the Garnier eye roller with caffeine, the bright green thingy. Also reasonable. Good luck and try to get some ZZZZs.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM

99 posts, read 218,431 times
I have a major problem with puffy under eyes. I use hemorrhoid cream under my eyes everyday before school, and I've noticed a small amount of difference, but nothing to brag about. But I use foundation over my bags with the hemorrhoid cream, and I notice a big difference.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Sometimes the bags under the eyes are caused by eating too many carbs (whatever too many is) but if you cut back on your consumption of that, the bags should fade.
Smoking also causes dark circles if you smoke.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,697 times
Those bags under the eyes can be inherited! My hubby's had them since he was a kid. I second that suggestion on Preparation H--my sister uses it. Yes, I use all kinds of stuff on my face, too, but hey, when you pass 50, you've earned those wrinkles and bags! Concentrate on keeping your BRAIN intact!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:06 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnabraham View Post
I am 35, workaholic married man. I guess, over the years passed by, I did not pay too much attention on my skin care, especially my face and now I am noticing a lill bit of dark circles under my eyes like bags, following by wrinkles on the side.

I am online, trying to choose something that works, there are so many options that I am kind a confuse.

Based on my age and skin condition, can someone help me giving some suggestions. I just need to learn which would be the best fit for me.

Thank you in advance for your help!
My husband uses Cetaphil Cream on his skin all year round and he still looks 28! Haha...(he's 33) It really does work...an excellent moisturizer for all sexes. For the circles, try sliced cucumbers! Seriously, you'll feel like a 'girly man' for the few minutes you've got them on but they really do work. Just lay back w/ the cucumbers on your eyes once a week. Your eyes will thank you!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
For a start, drink lots of water and make sure that you are eating healthy. Make sure you are getting enough of your Omega-3 oils. A light moisturizer with a sunblock would also be a good idea. Are you exercising? A good weekly cardio workout will get you sweating and clear your pores, plus relax you since you're such a workaholic. Also make sure you have a good laugh once a day. Happy smiling people seem to look more youthful. Older looking people always look so tired and grim to me.
Oh, and I second that. So important to drink as much water as you can...a gallon a day wouldnt be ammiss.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
My daughter-in-law once took a modeling class, and they told her that drinking a lot of cola drinks will make your dark circles worse. I can't seem to break my Diet Pepsi addiction, so I have yet to try out that theory myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty