Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM
K1F K1F started this thread

12 posts, read 34,871 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any biology wiz people out there who would like to share some thoughts on what is the best Anti-Wrinkle product for the skin, especially for the face/neck? There are so many stuff out there.... anyone would like to share?

I would like to read unbias scientific research reports but where is a realiable source?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,375,157 times
Try Paula's Choice, paulaschoice.com. Many people believe that she is an authority on all skin care products, and I did see her on Oprah today with Dr. Oz talking about her product recommendations.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 PM

52 posts, read 403,880 times
I can't help you with reports on what works better, but I recently found a website that lists potentially dangerous ingredients in many different cosmetics: google "Skin Deep." (The thing to keep in mind is that some of the dangerous compounds they list have not necessarily undergone comprehensive studies, but it's a start).

Old 07-22-2009, 12:23 PM
K1F K1F started this thread

12 posts, read 34,871 times
thank you for your reply! I will definately take a look

Old 09-10-2009, 12:45 AM

5 posts, read 11,036 times
I don't wanna look old just because I am getting older. I heard that with a good anti aging anti wrinkle cream, we could shave 10 or even 15 years off our perceived appearance. I know only the site BeautyAndHealthCare.org - More Beauty & Better Health which guide for Anti Wrinkle Creams. Can you suggest some other name??

Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 AM

Do you have any idea??

Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 AM

I don't wanna look old just because I am getting older. I heard that with a good anti aging anti wrinkle cream, we could shave 10 or even 15 years off our perceived appearance. I know only the site http://www.beautyandhealthcare.org which guide for Anti Wrinkle Creams. Can you suggest some other name??

Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,391,260 times
Before you buy ANYTHING that promises it will make you look younger, make sure you aren't putting something on your skin that will age it in the process of promising anti-aging. Some of the chemicals they are putting in cosmetics these days are just nasty, and it's unbelievable they continue to use them. Here's a good guide: The Dirty Dozen Chemicals in Cosmetics - The Green Guide (http://www.thegreenguide.com/personal-care/dirty-dozen - broken link)

These ingredients have, in fact, undergone extensive studies. Doris Rapp wrote a book called Our Toxic World. Her studies and the research she reports show conclusively that many of our ills in today's society come from all the nasty chemicals we are ingesting, breathing, and using on our skin and in our homes. Dr. Rapp is a foremost authority on allergies and chemical reactions in the body. Well worth checking out. Much of what The Green Guide reports comes from her research compilations.

I have been making my own face creams for years - I use natural oils and items you can find at your health food store. I bought Valerie Woodward's Aromatherapy book, and I've tried to stay away from all the expensive junk that creates more of a problem than it helps. A few months ago, someone gave me a Facial treatment as a gift. After I had the treatment, my face looked older than it did before. Even the aesthetician noticed. I gave her a few recipes from that book, and the website above. She canceled all the products she was carrying that didn't follow the guidelines. We have to be more mindful of what we are putting in and on our bodies!

And the cool thing is -- it's cheaper and better for you!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,937,893 times
This is already being currently discussed here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...you-would.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty