Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No way, I'd NEVER spend that much on a pair of shoes.

I have a surprising amount of designer shoes and heels... especially with the economy doing so bad a lot of people are unloading their extra stuff (shoes, purses etc.) for pennies on the dollar. I actually bought a nearly new pair of Fendi pumps for $30 last summer. And yes, they're real, I took them in and had them checked out

I guess I just have shoe luck.
Do you find that more expensive shoes last longer than cheaper ones? Or that say $35 shoes don't last as much as ones say, twice as expensive or more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Do you find that more expensive shoes last longer than cheaper ones? Or that say $35 shoes don't last as much as ones say, twice as expensive or more?
The vast majority of the time I'm in Chuck Taylors (and those last quite a while, and I get them on sale at Ross or TJ Maxx) or cheap $2 flip flops from CVS and I replace those every few weeks. For work/school I'm in ugly slip resistant shop shoes that last me a year or so. I suppose I fibbed a little regarding shoe prices because I do spend around $60 on those once a year.

I guess I don't wear my other shoes enough to really see the wear and tear. I wear my heels maybe once a month for an evening, and my running shoes almost daily when I take my dog out, but they're trail running shoes and a bit more rugged than normal ones. I think if I wore them more often they may wear out quicker, but I'm really not sure.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
The vast majority of the time I'm in Chuck Taylors (and those last quite a while, and I get them on sale at Ross or TJ Maxx) or cheap $2 flip flops from CVS and I replace those every few weeks. For work/school I'm in ugly slip resistant shop shoes that last me a year or so. I suppose I fibbed a little regarding shoe prices because I do spend around $60 on those once a year.

I guess I don't wear my other shoes enough to really see the wear and tear. I wear my heels maybe once a month for an evening, and my running shoes almost daily when I take my dog out, but they're trail running shoes and a bit more rugged than normal ones. I think if I wore them more often they may wear out quicker, but I'm really not sure.
Ah, I see, a year or so sounds fair if they've gone through heavy use. How long do the Chuck Taylors make it? I think a couple years at least would be a decent lifetime for those.

Your flip flops get replaced every few weeks? Wow, that sounds like a really tough short life. I'd usually think flip flops get to see at least a summer pass by or so (most people I've talked to, women and men usually tell me they have flip flops that make it at least a year or a summer, in places where it's cold in winter). Maybe it's a bit more expensive ones that last one or two or more years.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Ah, I see, a year or so sounds fair if they've gone through heavy use. How long do the Chuck Taylors make it? I think a couple years at least would be a decent lifetime for those.

Your flip flops get replaced every few weeks? Wow, that sounds like a really tough short life. I'd usually think flip flops get to see at least a summer pass by or so (most people I've talked to, women and men usually tell me they have flip flops that make it at least a year or a summer, in places where it's cold in winter). Maybe it's a bit more expensive ones that last one or two or more years.

I have a few pairs of Chuck Taylors that I've had for 5+ years. I rotate often and have at least 6 or pairs to choose from so they last quite a while.

For the flip flops, I buy the super cheap foam ones from Rite Aid/CVS so they don't last long. I could buy more expensive ones, but I like the cheapos

Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:

For the flip flops, I buy the super cheap foam ones from Rite Aid/CVS so they don't last long. I could buy more expensive ones, but I like the cheapos
Oh, lol. But, even the cheapest foam ones for me, I find would still make it past a few weeks (I'm guessing a few months or a season of wear so I don't know if that's what you mean).

I'm guessing you wear the foam ones every day and you're on your feet/walking around. Do they just snap after the few weeks' wear or get worn thin?

Perhaps even alternating the flip flops you wear day-to-day might make 'em last longer.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
No way, I'd NEVER spend that much on a pair of shoes.

I have a surprising amount of designer shoes and heels... especially with the economy doing so bad a lot of people are unloading their extra stuff (shoes, purses etc.) for pennies on the dollar. I actually bought a nearly new pair of Fendi pumps for $30 last summer. And yes, they're real, I took them in and had them checked out

I guess I just have shoe luck.
That is some decent shoe luck Fendi pumps, nice now purses... where?! what site?!

Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Any women here have the private heels for their partner?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,178 times
even with a bad economy Luxury items are sellig very well.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
For this kind stuff (which goes along with the splurge thread) I'd rather spend more money on a pair of decent sandals then to keep buying cheap replacements.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
that's the low end some of my shoes and boots go for over $1,000

why would i have credit card debt? If you need to know the only bills I have are Utils I pay my bills in FULL every month. I also have a very high FICO score.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty