Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,995,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Uhhh, that's just plain old weird. I'd be a tad annoyed if someone started touching my bag.
Yes it was a bit intrusive but I'm always in such a good mood when I'm shopping that it really didn't bother me, plus I'm pretty sure he assumed the bag was fake...so the joke was on him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,444,139 times
The bag must have pretty where he just could not resist taking a touchy feely look but should have or at least asked. Kind of reminds me of the movie where the actress is shopping and sees the lady wearing a fake Hermes and as she is looking at it there is a flashing X over the Hermes bag. I can't remember the name of the movie. :-(

Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,995,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The bag must have pretty where he just could not resist taking a touchy feely look but should have or at least asked. Kind of reminds me of the movie where the actress is shopping and sees the lady wearing a fake Hermes and as she is looking at it there is a flashing X over the Hermes bag. I can't remember the name of the movie. :-(
lol, it would be pretty funny if every fake bag did that...I wonder how many people would still buy/sale knock offs

Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 PM

Lol, true but to someone who knows the difference they can tell. I remember a girl I knew who was wearing a fake Chanel. I couldn't help it, who needs the flashing x's. That bag was Screamer! She just didn't know it

Old 03-28-2012, 10:43 PM

395 posts, read 710,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoellove View Post
I was just curious......how many of you purchase luxury brand handbags online?
For me, when it comes to luxury e-commerce or online shopping....its all about "discounts!"
Do many of you buy products online with full price?
90% are fake

Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,376,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
90% are fake

your numbers are way off there are a lot of legit sights that sell designer bags. such as department stores and and co-op sights the manufactuer approves of and distribute to.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM

3,383 posts, read 6,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have bought from retailers and a few on eBay. However the last Dooney bag I got from eBay, I thought might be fake. I called D&B to talk about it. They have me 90% reassured it is authentic. Will not buy from eBay again(designer bag). D&B wanted too much for me to send it to them for authentication.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Couldn't you have went to the closest D&B retailer and had them check it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
You cannot buy a "luxury bag" online for a discount unless it is a fake. Luxury brands do not discount. It dilutes the brand.
BAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I bet $1000 they did not mark down LV or DIOR. The manufacturers do not allow markdowns.
Again BAH! LV might not, but I know for a FACT it is possible to by discounted Dior.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,975,564 times
I purchased a Louis Vuitton zippy wallet before from Eluxury before it went out of business. Eluxury was owned by LMVH, Louis Vuitton's parent company so no faked there.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 AM

395 posts, read 710,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I purchased a Louis Vuitton zippy wallet before from Eluxury before it went out of business. Eluxury was owned by LMVH, Louis Vuitton's parent company so no faked there.
Sounds pretty legit, but there have been cases of uncool employees swapping out real bags with high quality fakes. So you never can say 100% when it comes to this stuff. But what you are really buying is the value-added feeling of the brand. The average person would not be able to discern the high quality fake or the real bag, as sales people often cannot pass this test.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoellove View Post
I was just curious......how many of you purchase luxury brand handbags online?
For me, when it comes to luxury e-commerce or online shopping....its all about "discounts!"
Do many of you buy products online with full price?
Its not all about discounts. Designer bags hold their value especially Hermes, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton so remember if the price is too good to be true then it is.

People who buy luxury bags take care of them and being that they are quality in the first place they can be sold on the second hand market. There is a large market out there for pre-owned (pre-loved).

Lets say Chanel has a particular color or style produced for the year 2008. That color or model is no longer produced after that year so you can no longer buy it brand new. That is where the pre-owned market comes in. If you have a Chanel bag that you no longer wear you can sell or consign it, get your money and buy another.

It is also about buying a model that is no longer produced. Just buy from reputable companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty