Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:16 PM

10,117 posts, read 19,460,343 times

Advertisements

I found two "luxury" bags at Goodwill---Kate Spade for $10 and Dooney and Brooke for $20. they had them in a bin and sorted by size, small $5, medium $10, large $10. the Kate Spade appears to be new, the D&B was slightly worn, but $30 repairs at a shoe shop and it looks great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,233,946 times
I guess it depends what you consider 'luxury'.

I sell handbags and other 'luxury' items on eBay as a part time job: Kate Spade, Coach, Burberry, Cole Haan, Prada, Gucci, etc.
They are all authentic, purchased by me direct from the stores. People who buy bags from me tend to get huge discounts (unless something really gets bid up) - often of 50% or more off.
I never have and never will sell a knock off which is why I don't sell anything used (unless I bought it myself originally direct from the store).

Most manufacturers discount at least some of their lines - even Chanel.
I know that LV really would rather destroy merchandise than discount which seems crazy to me - and probably feeds into the reason there are so many fakes out there.

I guess the big fear of buying online (especially from an eBay like venue) is that you'll end up with a fake. It's definitely a problem but just be meticulous about checking feedback and make sure the picture taken is of the actual item, not a stock picture. When sellers use stock pictures I am always suspicious that it's a fake.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 PM

17 posts, read 15,285 times
I always prefer to do online shopping. I normally shop for apparels, cosmetics, hand bags, perfumes etc from online shopping stores. It is the better and cheaper option.

Last edited by JustJulia; 11-17-2011 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: brand-new members may not post links, sorry

Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 AM

21,617 posts, read 8,783,659 times
I prefer not to buy bags online because it's important to me to make sure the bag fits me and the strap feels comfortable and secure on my shoulder. A bag that pooches out in the wrong place or has cheap-looking hardware or a strap that twists can ruin your whole look. It's like trying on clothing; you don't really know if it works for you until you actually put it on your body. The only exception is when I know exactly what I am getting, such as replacing a bag I already have or buying it in a different color.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 AM

10 posts, read 18,931 times
Waste of time better purchase online you can see the authenticity of the bags as well.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 AM

295 posts, read 555,968 times
i like to buy it in peronson unless i have seen it and a website has it cheaper

Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 AM

877 posts, read 2,016,756 times
I never purchase anything luxurious online. Actually, most of the things bought online come from warehouses that sell imperfect products (even though its unnoticeable) and are less than stellar than the ones you see in stores. I prefer to check everything out in person and I would only buy it from the retailer if they have special promotion online.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:00 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,434,526 times
Default Malleries.com is authentic and inexpensive

I buy authentic luxury bags online at http://www.malleries.com bought Louis Vuitton, mostly Chanel but would love a Hermes bag. These bags are preowned and every one I bought was in excellent condition. They also guarantee authenticity MALLERIES.com | About Us

When I get tired of one of my bags I just sell it with Malleries consignment department.

Just be careful and buy from reputable online sellers only. I also say if it's too cheap it's too good to be authentic

Last edited by eRayP; 02-19-2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 PM

566 posts, read 1,110,268 times
My bag now is cloth, from Flying High Footpath Trading Co. I love it. My wallet was purchased on Etsy, of cloth handmade in Brazil. I have a wristlet of cruel free leather from the hunger site (Every Purchase Fights Famine in the Horn of Africa & Combats Hunger in the U.S.)
I recently donated all of my leather to a resale shop that assists children/women. I never looked back. I am trying to replace any shoes I kept (because I had to wear something) with sustainable materials made somewhere else than China.

It is known that products made in china are made so cheaply - the workers are NOT making a fair wage. Ship the inferior product back and sell for hundreds? no. I refuse. I was once extremely proud and boastful of my symbols of status...every stinking thing I owned HAD TO HAVE A "label" I am ashamed to claim. Now? Why? When all of the "items" were made by the same place for a fraction of what they sell them for. I will buy MADE IN USA, or from a country that the purchase will help from now on.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:00 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,664,256 times
I have purchased from eluxury and louisvuitton.com

Pleased with the service from both. Be careful if you are buying LV on line and buy only from louisvuitton.com.LV never goes on sale or gets marked down so if the price is lower that bag is fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty