Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times

Advertisements

To whom is the good doctor pandering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Not really. Go to his website-- click on Increase Your Beauty Quotient-----gives you a choice of anti aging skincare which takes you to his crummy products or plastic surgery which takes you offsite to his bread & butter.

The Beauty Quotient Formula

There's an annoying Beauty Quotient quiz also.
He is a plastic surgeon. What did you really expect?

I went to the anti aging skincare with products. Are they crummy? I don't know I've never used them nor heard of him prior to this thread. The price of his products is fairly average, not overly expensive yet not cheap.

So what is the problem with someone saying they are a plastic surgeon however its not for everyone?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:31 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,184 times
A doctor who does facelifts but condescends to those who might want one--- not for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post

Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
A doctor who does facelifts but condescends to those who might want one--- not for me.
How is that condescending? A plastic surgeon who won't bow to pressure and perform surgeries on people who are unrealistic in their expectations of surgery, it's meaning and results. Sounds like exactly the kind of surgeon I'd want should I ever find myself in the market for a surgeon. Ethics is a wonderful thing to have in a doctor. I'd much rather have a surgeon who refused to perform surgery than one who glossed over or neglected to inform me of potential risks....

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/423740...-today_health/

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-01-2011 at 12:11 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,817,916 times
Quote:
I respect your opinion, but I also must express mine.

I am much more willing to trust a doctor who might offer a different perspective to plastic surgery than one that would do pretty much anything to convince me I need plastic surgery from my forehead to my toes bc that would beef up his bank account.

Unfortunately nowadays many women are not looking for plastic surgery to look better. They are looking for plastic fads.

If a doctor is serious, he will tell a woman whether something will truly make her look better. Others, as long as they can charge a hefty premium, won't bat an eye if she ends up with a DD cup size this year and a B cup size next year, or if she has so many face lifts she will be hard to recognize as someone even approximately her age, or if she leaves a medical office looking like a duck. As long as she can pay for the medical services, let the senseless alteration begin.

I also worry about women who frantically look for plastic surgeons bc they want a "sudden drastic change" as they lost a job, their husbands found someone more good-looking, they retired, etc. If you do that at a hair salon it is an easy fix, but at a hospital, maybe not so much. So a doctor should thoroughly evaluate whether someone is looking for surgery for the right reasons (meaning it is a firm decision that was not decided yesterday evening, and the person is absolutely aware about the risks and complications, not to mention if the result does not turn out as one is expecting).

A doctor who encourages that kind of plastic surgery fad and gets richer by the hour without a true vocation for honest plastic surgery does not get much respect from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty