Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM

307 posts, read 2,508,191 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm planning to get a boob job soon. The only problem, how do I find a decent plastic surgeon in Manhattan??? Where to look??? If someone here got a boob job done and could recommend their surgeon, that would probably be the safest way to go.

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:03 PM

337 posts, read 826,751 times
I can't help you out in Manhattan, but I had some work done last year and here are 2 very important things to look for:

1) They must be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon-lots of Doctors can do procedures. If you are like me no one other than the above was touching me. (i know in addition they have privileges at hospitals-might be important)

2) Having ABPS is a plus for you. This is additional on top of being Board certified.

Be careful, do lots of research. Remember this is your body. I researched doctors like you would not believe.
I check the BBB, I found a site about PS and registered complaints and I made an appointment (they cost money here) to meet and discuss what I wanted and it gave me the change to "feel out" the doctor.

Just remember there are a lot of Doctors doing plastic surgery (dentist too) so just be sure they are Board Certified in PLASTIC SURGERY.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
I can't help you out in Manhattan, but I had some work done last year and here are 2 very important things to look for:

1) They must be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon-lots of Doctors can do procedures. If you are like me no one other than the above was touching me. (i know in addition they have privileges at hospitals-might be important)

2) Having ABPS is a plus for you. This is additional on top of being Board certified.

Be careful, do lots of research. Remember this is your body. I researched doctors like you would not believe.
I check the BBB, I found a site about PS and registered complaints and I made an appointment (they cost money here) to meet and discuss what I wanted and it gave me the change to "feel out" the doctor.

Just remember there are a lot of Doctors doing plastic surgery (dentist too) so just be sure they are Board Certified in PLASTIC SURGERY.

Hey there, thanks for your reply. Do you have any links where I can look for certified surgeons??? I really don't know where to look!?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM

I saw a commercial about Lexington plastic surgeons.
Welcome - Lexington Plastic Surgeons

Anyone ever heard about them or even took their service in consideration???

Old 06-04-2009, 06:41 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,890,996 times
It's very common to have multiple surgeries done at once. While it may be unethical to talk patients into having surgeries they did not originally ask for by playing on their body image insecurities, there's nothing wrong with having multiple surgeries.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 AM

176 posts, read 638,959 times
Top 10 lists,

Best of lists (your city here).

Thats what I found that helped.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 AM

3 posts, read 6,462 times
I had consultation with lexington plastic surgery. Waited less then 15 minutes the surgeon spend a lot of time with me,and there was a second person there woman to make sure everything was done correctly. MY surgery will be $35,000 but I know I will be satisfy. I'm getting 5 surgeries done. Boobs(using my own skin & fat),tummy tuck,arm lift,thigh lift,butt lift. This will all be done 8-10 hours and recovery is 6 weeks.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 AM

66 posts, read 82,891 times
makemeheal.com is a good place to start. lots of people post about their experiences with plastic surgeons there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty