Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,111,453 times

Advertisements

Fun thread!

I've been clothing-deprived for ~ 2 years now (don't feel sorry for me; I spent $$$$$$ on a major kitchen reno) and was finally in need of some new duds. It's funny how your shopping changes when you have needs, instead of simply wants.

First thing I bought? Two new pairs of New Balance running shoes. I need new sports bras too. Everything else has kind of held up, except for sport-socks; I bought two six-packs of little running socks.

Jeans! Home improvement projects eat jeans for breakfast. Mine all had holes in the wrong places. I bought two pairs of dark wash and one pair of white from J. Crew.

A maxi skirt (Eddie Bauer). Techincally, at 5'2" , I'm probably too short for a maxi, but it seems to be a trend that is sticking around and I find them comfy. Plus, I can ride my bicycle (women's frame) without exposing too much.

Capris. I mentioned the bike thing above. Capris and pedal-pushers are not "fashion" to me as a cyclist, but super-practical. I bought a pair from Adventura on super-dooper clearance at Sierra Trading Post. I would like to find 2-3 more pairs.

What I still want:

A great pair of (flat or low) espadrilles! But I don't want to pay over ~$30, since I see them as a "one season" item. Let me know if you find any killer deals C-D fashionistas?

Flip flops. Looking for a good deal on Reef. I ruined my last pair in a painting accident.

Bras. And underwear.

Tops. I would like to find some longer, fine-gauge, cotton cardigans and perhaps some print "flow-y" hippie-chick tops. I want a white and navy-striped tank top as well.

Happy Shopping everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 08:34 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Did some more shopping.
http://media.victoriassecret.com/pro...i2/V317788.jpg (My husband loved this on me, so I'll probably be ordering it in black as well.)

http://media.victoriassecret.com/pro...V309747TOP.jpg (again, another hit with my husband. I wore it with skinny jeans and heels. I'll be ordering some of their other colors.)

And I ordered a bunch of different VS Body and Kiss tees & tanks for everyday wear.

A Michael Kors tank.

I also purchased a hot pink trench coat that I LOVE, but can't find any pics online.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:56 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
I bought a pair of white linen/cotton blend pants at Old Navy yesterday.

I'll probably buy a few t-shirts, cargo shorts, boat shoes and sandals and one of those nice canvas bags from LL Bean so I can tote my stuff around in.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
I will definitely be buying myself a pair of these new Nike Free Run+2 running shoes.

Nike Running Products -- Nike Free Family

Not sure about what else though. Maybe a new Verizon iPhone if they come out with a new one in June.

Also a few pairs of Billibong shorts and whatever I may find on sale at Macys, Nordstrom or Neiman.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,979 times
I have bought a couple dresses from this local boutique:
Coco Brazil

And a new SKy top from here:
Sky Clothing - Sky Dresses - Sky Designer Dresses - Sky Tops - Sky Mini Dress - Sky Halter Tops - Sky Apparel

As for what else....I don't know...I am a horrible shopper to be honest.
I told my husband I need a personal shopper/stylist...because I hate it!
I do need to buy a few new sandals, maybe couple more pairs of white and dark
skinny jeans....I wear alot of Sky brand tops, just throw them on with jeans or shorts
so I don't have to think lol...so maybe a couple more of those...I should start a thread where
people can come up with outfits for me lol. I am very good at putting my work out outfits together though

Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Did some more shopping.
http://media.victoriassecret.com/pro...i2/V317788.jpg (My husband loved this on me, so I'll probably be ordering it in black as well.)

http://media.victoriassecret.com/pro...V309747TOP.jpg (again, another hit with my husband. I wore it with skinny jeans and heels. I'll be ordering some of their other colors.)

And I ordered a bunch of different VS Body and Kiss tees & tanks for everyday wear.

A Michael Kors tank.

I also purchased a hot pink trench coat that I LOVE, but can't find any pics online.
oooh, love that first one!! I wish VS didn't run in size huge. My huge hips fit into their pants though. And I love MK..finally got 2 beautiful tops from there when I was in CA in January and I love them!!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Did some more shopping.

A Michael Kors tank.

LOVE those tops!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,871 times
Gasoline. If I can find a sucker to buy a kidney, I hope to buy more gasoline.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
I told Mrs. Lao to pick out anything from this collection and its hers. 1:20 and 2:30 are extra especially nice.

YouTube - fashiontv | FTV.com - WHITE SUMMER BY EMAMO SPRING SUMMER 2010

Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,218 times
Once again lots of beautiful stuff on here. The Chinese shoes bring back lots of memories, and Lao, your wife is one very lucky lady. I am having trouble getting my stuff to cut and paste into here (maybe I'll figure it out), but I bought a really pretty gauzy white jacket, a pair of white Simon Chang capris and a very pretty bright blue mix top to wear underneath, and some very cool jewellery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty