Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:12 AM

19,758 posts, read 20,322,216 times

Advertisements

short shorts & beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,293,205 times
Taigagirl you said you like funky accessories. I have found some good moderately priced bags at Shop Suey and a local boutique that has online website called Francesca's. Shop Suey sells "of the moment" knock off bags of generally good quality-- it's hit or miss and some of the bags can look a little bit played out and/or tacky. Francesca's has the same type bags; of course, you get what you pay for.

Shop Suey Celebrity Designer Inspired Handbag Jewelry Sunglass Access

Women's Clothing, Fashion Jewelry, Handbags - Francesca's Collections

Francesca's is actually a little nicer.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,839,146 times
I went shopping today and bought a couple of Frank Lyman dresses for work. I still need to get a couple of skirts, and some accessories. I really like the corals and turquoises this year. It seems to be hard finding nice linen stuff without paying through the nose thought....

Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,839,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Taigagirl you said you like funky accessories. I have found some good moderately priced bags at Shop Suey and a local boutique that has online website called Francesca's. Shop Suey sells "of the moment" knock off bags of generally good quality-- it's hit or miss and some of the bags can look a little bit played out and/or tacky. Francesca's has the same type bags; of course, you get what you pay for.

There are some really cute accessories on here. I bought a coral dress (it's on the Frank Lyman website and also the ruffled sleeveless dress on the website but in a different print). Very pretty they will last me for a while.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,420,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post

I love Francesca's! I have a couple of dresses from there myself! One is very wintery though, the other is a summery ish work dress.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,419,412 times
I'm waiting for these to arrive!
Mystique Sandals 3874
Mystique Sandals 3907

And I can't wait to wear my Lilly Pulitzer Seamus dress! (http://www.thepinkdoormemphis.com/prodimg/R1087328.jpg - broken link)(although first I need to find a seamstress/tailor who can take it in because I've lost a bit of weight since I purchased it.)

Also waiting on a couple of dresses from Boston Proper:
Side-tie t-shirt dress*|*Boston Proper
Fabulous little black dress*|*Boston Proper

Received this maxi dress, but I need to exchange it for a smaller size:
Ocean getaway maxi dress*|*Boston Proper

Same deal with this sweater...it's too big, so I'm going to exchange it for a smaller size:
Sparkle me pink cardigan*|*Boston Proper

Other things on my list:
*white jeans (straight legs & skinnys)
*dress shorts
*more dresses!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,068,822 times
I love skirts and dresses in the spring and summertime.

- Boden has some cute colorful dresses (and some come in black or neutral colors, too if that's more your thing).

- I really love the quality of Garnet Hill clothing, and they have cute spring and summertime stuff as well.

- I buy an April Cornell piece (dress, skirt, or tunic) almost every spring. Really good quality and really beautiful.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,406,074 times
Tons of spring dresses and maybe a wide linen pants.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,154,430 times
All I really want this summer is a nice pair of comfortable sandals. I have so much clothes that I'll probably skip the shopping this year.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,420,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm waiting for these to arrive!
Mystique Sandals 3874
Mystique Sandals 3907

And I can't wait to wear my Lilly Pulitzer Seamus dress! (http://www.thepinkdoormemphis.com/prodimg/R1087328.jpg - broken link)(although first I need to find a seamstress/tailor who can take it in because I've lost a bit of weight since I purchased it.)

Also waiting on a couple of dresses from Boston Proper:
Side-tie t-shirt dress*|*Boston Proper
Fabulous little black dress*|*Boston Proper

Received this maxi dress, but I need to exchange it for a smaller size:
Ocean getaway maxi dress*|*Boston Proper

Same deal with this sweater...it's too big, so I'm going to exchange it for a smaller size:
Sparkle me pink cardigan*|*Boston Proper

Other things on my list:
*white jeans (straight legs & skinnys)
*dress shorts
*more dresses!
ooh! you have such great taste! Does boston Proper have brick and mortar locations? I loved the dresses you posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty