Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times

Advertisements

Wow! I have these exact same sandals! I love 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 03:44 AM

56 posts, read 127,624 times
I am comfortable in linen or cotton trousers at office. I feel affection for shorts and skirts in casual wear. I would prefer shades like olive green for spring.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I definitely need new clothes. I like sticking to the basics, practical stuff; black chinos, a pair of jeans, a couple of pull-over shirts (tees and similar) and an overshirt or vest. Maybe I'll splurge on a jacket. And this year I think I'll get funky with a long casual skirt from one of the boutiques. I'm thinking I'm WAY overdue for a day-trip to NYC, and another one to Boston.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I just bought these sandals:

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Free Shipping on $50 | Old Navy

I'm trying to wear more dresses and skirts, so I bought these:

Women's Original Pattern Cotton V-neck Flare Dress from Lands' End (http://www.landsend.com/pp/OriginalPatternCottonVneckFlareDress~206178_59.htm l?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::NQS&CM_MERCH=IDX _Women-_-DressesSkirts&origin=index - broken link) (in khaki print)

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Free Shipping on $50 | Old Navy (in plum)

^ That top goes with a pretty purple eyelet skirt from Long Tall Sally. I think they must be sold out because I can't find it anymore, but it has this shape:

Tall Girls Skirts With Zip Fastening In Vibrant Print Colours

Hits me right at the knee.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Ooh, I like those mystique sandals, also the wedges they have on their site! Are they a decent quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The sandals are supposed to come today, so I'll keep you posted on the quality, but they did come highly recommended by a bunch girls on another msgbrd that I belong to. I love the looks of their sandals and the pairs I purchased were some of the first available in my size (12.) In past years, they've only made up to an 11...which killed me because I could only look and drool.

Got the sandals the other day. One pair was defective. (Stitching on the straps was messed up.) And the other pair doesn't fit me right (too small), which is weird because I heard they run large. Also, the decoration/stones/jewels are plastic, not real stones or crystals, except for when they use rhinestones. Not worth the money. (Normally plastic decorations/faux stones don't bother me, but I don't want it to look like plastic, which it did.)

And definitely not worth ordering from them directly unless you want to incur a 15% restocking fee if you intend to request a refund, not an exchange. (I checked their return policy and I don't know how I missed that. )

I guess I just had higher expectations.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:40 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Women's Clothing and Unique Jewelry | Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog has some fun stuff. And I love reading this: http://www.jpeterman.com/!nkycHNGa5X45teMntrR1Mg!/

Love this dress... but I have no idea when I'd ever actually wear it! Portrait Collar Dress > Dresses, caftans & ensembles | The J. Peterman Company (http://www.jpeterman.com/Spring-2011/Portrait-Collar-Dress - broken link)
I love this stuff. It's beautiful. I'm gonna see if they ship up to Canada.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Got the sandals the other day. One pair was defective. (Stitching on the straps was messed up.) And the other pair doesn't fit me right (too small), which is weird because I heard they run large. Also, the decoration/stones/jewels are plastic, not real stones or crystals, except for when they use rhinestones. Not worth the money. (Normally plastic decorations/faux stones don't bother me, but I don't want it to look like plastic, which it did.)

And definitely not worth ordering from them directly unless you want to incur a 15% restocking fee if you intend to request a refund, not an exchange. (I checked their return policy and I don't know how I missed that. )

I guess I just had higher expectations.
That totally sucks. I hate waiting for stuff to come; which then ends up going back because of issues of quality.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Sigh...I think I did enough shopping already: 5 dresses, 10 pairs of shoes and 6 leather bags. Oh...you meant for Spring/Summer only. Apart from the dresses, I bought two pairs of purple sandals. I liked both styles and couldn't decided which ones to get.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.shoemetro.com/images/Product/medium/177387.jpg (broken link)

Come to think of it, I could use a pair of red and light pink sandals to complete my collection.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:18 AM

5 posts, read 5,565 times
I just brought a Cheap flower girl dresses on 80% sale

Old 04-09-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Sigh...I think I did enough shopping already: 5 dresses, 10 pairs of shoes and 6 leather bags. Oh...you meant for Spring/Summer only. Apart from the dresses, I bought two pairs of purple sandals. I liked both styles and couldn't decided which ones to get.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.shoemetro.com/images/Product/medium/177387.jpg (broken link)

Come to think of it, I could use a pair of red and light pink sandals to complete my collection.
Being a shoe girl myself, I totally understand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty