Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:56 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times

Advertisements

I hate the current trend of teens/young adults having goatees and a shaved head. As a rule of thumb, you should have more hair on your head than on your face (if people are bald, that's an exception). I'm not saying they can't grow facial hair. I just think their facial hair shouldn't be longer than their head hair. Some people can only grow hair on the bottom of their chin (but not on their actual chin), yet they try to grow a goatee. Do they realize how ridiculous they look? It doesn't even look like a goatee, it looks like a carpet.

But something else I notice with young people is their hatred of mustaches. You see young people trying to grow beards and goatees, but very few with a lone mustache.

I try to stay clean shaven but sometimes I grow stubble. I can't even grow a complete beard (I'm 19). In high school, I tried to grow a beard and I was jealous of the students that actually could. I didn't want to accept the fact that I couldn't. But now, in college, I've accepted the fact that I can't grow a beard so I try to stay clean shaven. That's not to say I won't try to grow a beard in the future.

I don't know what makes me look younger. You'd think clean shaven=younger. But if I have stubble, people can tell that I can't grow a complete beard so that might make me seem younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 09:01 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
On some men, I find facial hair very sexy. It has to be well groomed, though.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM

465 posts, read 463,800 times
Facial hair is natural.

These days men are shaving their body hair, the face. They are only leaving their head hair. Basically they are turning themselves into women.

When I see a guy with a beard, I see a guy who looks natural. People are going for too much of a pruned and primped artificial look. Especially men these days.

I'd like to see manliness make a comeback. Instead of metrosexualism and sissyness.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:10 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,638 times
Don't like facial hair or thick sideburns. What I strangely find sexy is a 90's Soul Patch. Yeah, I'm weird like that, but I get really grossed out by facial hair in general.

And it couldn't hurt some guys to trim/wax some of the other hair on their body. I don't think it turns them into Women, it just makes them cleaner.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:04 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
What about leg hair?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
I'd like to see manliness make a comeback. Instead of metrosexualism and sissyness.
It will, all fashion trends run in cycles, androgony first became a trend with Bowie way back then.

My question is why would a macho male care about fashion trends? Much less care about what other men are doing. Some guys act like they want to date other guys or something.

In either case I am glad the ridiculous baggy pants, sagging, and relaxed fit are out of style as far as mainstream trends.

I appreciate the male who can slide fluidly between different looks, it is about time us guys have variety instead of trying to look like each other. I apprecitate it mainly because now I am allowed to dress how I please without some stupid macho male making comments because he feels threatened that I do not look exactly like him.

Besides the more of them who exist the more guys who do groom and care about looking decent have an advantage.

Last edited by Merovee; 11-01-2010 at 10:52 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,622 times
None but a little stubble is ok some times

Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What about leg hair?

Dude, what is it with you and leg hair? You had that massive post that would not die about leg hair.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:39 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Dude, what is it with you and leg hair? You had that massive post that would not die about leg hair.
Just wondering.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:00 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ladies, would you reject someone out of hand based on their level of facial hair?

Do you prefer a full beard, a nicely trimmed goatee, or none at all?

I can't really predict what most people would say, so I'm asking. My thoughts are that most prefer clean shaven men...but I could be wrong, because I'm not the one making the judgement.
Like the majority on the thread, I prefer clean shaven or a little stubble. Sometimes nicely trimmed goatee looks good on a man.
Not a big fan of a full beard.
To answer your question though, no, I would not reject someone out of hand based on their level of facial hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty