Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:08 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,335,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Most chicks I've dated hate facial hair. When dudes have funky facial hair, I call that vagina repellent.
I've not found this to be the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,723,231 times
I don't mind beards, so long as they're clean and somewhat neat. My SO has had a beard as long as I've known him, but he keeps its neat and clean. The only issue I have is when his moustache gets a little long.
So long as they're not wildly out of control and the guy looks good with it, I don't have a problem.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:49 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,864,060 times
Quote:
Most chicks I've dated hate facial hair. When dudes have funky facial hair, I call that vagina repellent.
Just curious then why do so many young guys have facial hair these days more so than in the past?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Nope. You are right. I prefer no facial hair at all. I can't stand beards or goatees and I especially hate the soup strainers (I mean moustaches) and it makes you look older.
For once I actually agree. Goatees are just nasty. Occasionally a beard looks good on a guy, but most don't look good in it.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,985,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Just curious then why do so many young guys have facial hair these days more so than in the past?

Can you be any more vague? The past? The past meaning what? The 80's when having a mustache was cool? Or the 70's where having a beard was cool? Or do you mean 1812? What exactly does the past mean to you?

I'm going to assume 1985 because thats the year I was born, if you don't mind. One big reason I think people have more facial hair today is to cover up their fat face. Having a goatee covers up the double chin and depending on the face style, having a beard hides the fat cheeks. Meaning, it gives you the appearance of a strong jaw even though its as soft as jelly. Everyone knows being fat is the new normal now.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,186,110 times
There's some faces that just *need* a bit of facial hair to look good. My husband looks like an underage highschooler if he completely shaves. He keeps his in a nice and trimmed van dyke style.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Can you be any more vague? The past? The past meaning what? The 80's when having a mustache was cool? Or the 70's where having a beard was cool? Or do you mean 1812? What exactly does the past mean to you?

I'm going to assume 1985 because thats the year I was born, if you don't mind. One big reason I think people have more facial hair today is to cover up their fat face. Having a goatee covers up the double chin and depending on the face style, having a beard hides the fat cheeks. Meaning, it gives you the appearance of a strong jaw even though its as soft as jelly. Everyone knows being fat is the new normal now.
I'm talking before year 2000. I recall young men being more clean shaven in the 70', 80's and 90's and it was only old men who had moustaches and beards. So you know the young men used to look good. In the last decade it seems like the majority of young men, even in high school, wear these stupid goatees, van dykes and grizzly unkempt old man beards. Its actually kinda absurd because they often shave off their heads but then will have lots of facial hair and makes me think you're confused and growing hair in the wrong place. I know its just fashion but its just "yuck" every time I see another caterpiller chin. I won't even get into long sideburns.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM

35 posts, read 64,496 times
I always have preferred clean shaven, but sometimes a bit of stubble makes a guy look more rough and sexy.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM

5 posts, read 6,198 times
I like clean and shaved. However, sometimes a little goatee or mustache can be fun
Depending on every man's facial structure, a little hair can complement or completely destroy the appearance.

How about men with long hair? Not really into that either.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:04 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,887,000 times
According to studies women are attracted to clean shaven guys most of the month and more rough looking guys during their period. That might be a bit non-specific and require further clarification but in general.

I have never had a female compliment me on having stubble, that is as far as I go. I have been complimented more than once for having smooth skin on my face and neck though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty