Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,930,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I prefer Goyard over both Vuitton and Gucci.

This may sound snobbish but, when ghetto/trailer park/nouveau riche people started carrying more and more LV and Gucci...it was time to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 PM

5 posts, read 18,417 times
I prefer Channel 2.55. lol

Old 11-06-2010, 08:58 AM

12 posts, read 27,119 times
Quote:
I prefer Goyard over both Vuitton and Gucci.

This may sound snobbish but, when ghetto/trailer park/nouveau riche people started carrying more and more LV and Gucci...it was time to move on.
I agree!

I personally love Chanel.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:00 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxidesi View Post
I prefer Channel 2.55. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softyhere View Post
I agree!

Yes, Chanel is best imo too.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,565,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softyhere View Post
I agree!

I love Chanel too! Very classy yet will always be "current".

Tod's bags are also great!

But back to my snippy comments about the onslaught of all sorts of women carrying LV and Gucci....this issue has really become a pet peeve of mine.

1) If you are buying groceries using food stamps....you should NOT be carrying a LV or Gucci bag (real or 'faux')

2) If you are waiting at a bus stop wearing a Gucci logo hat, carrying a Louis Vuitton bag with a Coach wallet inside, and wearing Gucci logo boots....either (a) your priorities are wrong or (b) none of these items are real or (c) all of the above

3) When I am out shopping and at least 50% or more of the women are carrying a Louis Vuitton monogram canvas bag (and this is always the case when I'm in Orange County, CA)....it means status that these items are supposed to represent is gone....I mean at least move over to the Damier style people.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:11 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,846 times
Quote:

But back to my snippy comments about the onslaught of all sorts of women carrying LV and Gucci....this issue has really become a pet peeve of mine.

1) If you are buying groceries using food stamps....you should NOT be carrying a LV or Gucci bag (real or 'faux')

2) If you are waiting at a bus stop wearing a Gucci logo hat, carrying a Louis Vuitton bag with a Coach wallet inside, and wearing Gucci logo boots....either (a) your priorities are wrong or (b) none of these items are real or (c) all of the above

3) When I am out shopping and at least 50% or more of the women are carrying a Louis Vuitton monogram canvas bag (and this is always the case when I'm in Orange County, CA)....it means status that these items are supposed to represent is gone....I mean at least move over to the Damier style people.
I hated LV for a long time for some of the reasons you mention. Then I liked the Murakami MC collection so I have a little of that.

I do kind of want a Manhattan GM tho after saying I'd never want a LV mono, I think it's pretty classic. Most people carry around fake Speedys. I can tell a fake LV or a fake Chanel in a blink of an eye. LOL!

I like the grey and white Damier too.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I hated LV for a long time for some of the reasons you mention. Then I liked the Murakami MC collection so I have a little of that.

I do kind of want a Manhattan GM tho after saying I'd never want a LV mono, I think it's pretty classic. Most people carry around fake Speedys. I can tell a fake LV or a fake Chanel in a blink of an eye. LOL!

I like the grey and white Damier too.
^^^I like the Damier Azur, too. And, you don't see everyone carrying it.

Also, the LV Mahina style is gorgeous...another style that you won't see everyon carrying (real or "faux")

Old 11-06-2010, 03:37 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,303,717 times
Quote:

Not to mention, there are women who use Coach wallets with Louis Vuitton bags. You may not like it (I like very few Coach items, and own none but a pair of boots) but that doesn't necessarily mean fake.

I'll show you why sweeping generalizations fall flat. Here in NYC, many well-heeled types take buses and subways, especially since some do not own cars and usually use cabs, or they went out without their vehicle. I can't determine who can really afford their LV, Balenciaga, Prada bags by just looking- but in a city like this, many can afford what they carry.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:49 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,303,717 times
When Tom Ford designed for Gucci, I was still in high school. I dreamed about owning some luxurious Gucci items once I graduated college. I never dreamed while watching his fashion shows on FTV (anyone remember that? lol), a day would come where he was no longer creative director.

Ever since he left, I haven't loved the collections as much. One thing I will say is that the end of season sales are great to look forward to. That cheapens Gucci in some people's eyes, but it doesn't bother me. If I like a bag, and the look of it, I don't care if it was only sold for full price or not.

That being said, I prefer Louis Vuitton out of the two. I only have one bag at the moment (Vernis Alma), and look forward to more in the future when I can keep my "Bag Fund" piggy bank full enough to afford another. I also love Balenciaga moto bags, with all their great colors. They fit my style a bit more than a brown logo'd bag.

I love Chanel, but that is way out of my price range for a while.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Not to mention, there are women who use Coach wallets with Louis Vuitton bags. You may not like it (I like very few Coach items, and own none but a pair of boots) but that doesn't necessarily mean fake.

I'll show you why sweeping generalizations fall flat. Here in NYC, many well-heeled types take buses and subways, especially since some do not own cars and usually use cabs, or they went out without their vehicle. I can't determine who can really afford their LV, Balenciaga, Prada bags by just looking- but in a city like this, many can afford what they carry.
NYC should have been excluded from my snippy comments....my post was more LA-centric in nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty