Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:31 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,107,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Jesus, dude. Your "physique" troll posts are harmless and some might see them as amusing.

This post is actually detrimental to someone legitimately seeking help/advice and that's just stupid.

OP, disregard Cream's post. Are you saying that you experience muscle weakness in your left leg, as compared to your right, after exercising? If so, I would echo the poster above who said it could be a nerve issue and that you should see a doctor. ESPECIALLY if this is a recent development.
Agreed, 100%.

It's one thing to be a troll just for the sake of amusement. It's another thing when that trolling could wind up hampering someone's progress in the gym or worse...cause them an injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 05:04 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,425,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
why wouldn't you isolate a body part that is lagging? what's your solution, squatz and oatz?

Show me one respected strength athlete that trains with a split like you suggested - training each leg separately on its own day.

There is absolutely NO REASON to dedicate an entire session to training a single leg.

Further - you have NO IDEA *why* the OP is experiencing weakness in the one leg. Your suggestions may well result in injury.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:49 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,668,981 times
Quote:
It's called "leg day" (and not legs day) for a reason. You need to incorporate a separate day for each leg into your split. Here's mine as an example:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Abs
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Left leg
Day 6: Right leg
Day 7: Rest
It's none of my business, but I noticed you're not working your arms. I recommend the following modification to your workout.

Day 5: Left leg / right arm
Day 6: Right leg / left arm

You don't have to work opposite arms and legs on leg/arm day, but it's good for balance.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:49 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,744,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It's none of my business, but I noticed you're not working your arms. I recommend the following modification to your workout.

You don't have to work opposite arms and legs on leg/arm day, but it's good for balance.
It's because he's a troll, like we've been saying....he's not posting serious workout routines.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:10 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,612,400 times
There's two factors that you can never change. One is that your two sides have different genetic inheritance. The other is that what you did as a young child in the way of exercise, will have a lasting effect. The athletic things you pursued before you were full-grown will always work out better than those you began after that. The same applies to mental tasks and manual skills. Encourage children to start practicing as young as possible and they'll have a lifelong advantage.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:37 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,924,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

Sir, I will incorporate your suggestion into my workout routine and report back in about 350 days with my new gains.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:16 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,668,981 times
Quote:
Sir, I will incorporate your suggestion into my workout routine and report back in about 350 days with my new gains.
Normally I'd say you should give a new routine a full 365 days before assessing results, but 350 should be plenty.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:56 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,546,784 times
Quote:
It's called "leg day" (and not legs day) for a reason. You need to incorporate a separate day for each leg into your split. Here's mine as an example:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Abs
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Left leg
Day 6: Right leg
Day 7: Rest
So you are saying only to work out your chest once per week or only to work out your abs once per week, etc. etc.

This is no good. Working any part just once a week is not helpful at all. That is "weekend warrior" and raises risk of injury. Everything should be worked at least twice per week but three times is ideal. Should always rest between workouts.

OP most people have some lopsided strength. It is natural because you use your dominant side more. Just work out your whole body as usual but as somebody else said, when you do your legs start with your weaker leg. If you start with your stronger leg it "gets used to" working and can pick up some of the work your weaker leg should be doing.

For example, if you do lunges, the leg that goes forward is supposed to do most the work. You step forward with left leg and push back with left leg. But if you do right leg lung first then your right leg is already tensed up from working. Then when you do left leg lunges you might accidentally lift yourself back with right leg instead of push off with left. This happens to me sometimes so I try to remember to do left leg on everything first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness