Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
That's not true. 30 mins a day will not burn off enough calories if one is not fit which most Americans aren't and 30 mins doesn't build up much endurance. If a person is capable of doing over 60 mins of exercise or exercising twice a day then do it. Its silly to set 30-60 mins as a maximum for the simple fact just a few decades ago people worked on farms doing hard physical labor 12+ hours a day.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 11:16 PM

548 posts, read 1,481,318 times
I'm so happy for you! Go for it and don't look back! You'll know if you're doing too much. Trust your body. This sounds like a lot of fun for your daughter, too!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:17 PM

326 posts, read 839,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrl View Post
Have you thought about doing a marathon or ultramarathon event? It sounds like you are someone who really enjoys long distance, endurance activities. If you love doing it, then go for it. It's only too much if you are finding yourself injured, or run down. As long as your nutrition is good and you listen to your body, I think you should continue to increase your distance.
I have thought about it but I am just getting out a very dark toxic relationship and place in my life so I have a long ways to work up to where I was before having a child. I should look into it though. I think I might enjoy it!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Is there such a thing??

I have just started exercising again after a couple years living a dispecable sedentary lifestyle.

I am in a new part of the country and have miles apon miles of moutain hiking trails on my dead end road. I normally take my daughter for walks useing her stroller during the day and walk her to the park. Then in the later part of the day I put her on my back (useing a carrier) and we take a 2-3hour long hike.

I want to do more!! Hike longer, run more!! There isn't a limit I should put onto how much cardio I do right??
Its really tough for anyone to do TOO MUCH cardio. I go running just about every day and I see the same people out there all the time. As you start doing more and more exercise, you'll become more in tune with your body and will know when its time to rest it, and when its time to blast through another workout.

From reading your posts, I dont think you have to worry about overdoing cardio anytime soon.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,441,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Arrogance View Post
if you love it why limit? Its a form of exercise and is very good for the heart. Im a cardio girl and I'd prefer cardio to anything else.
right, just do u like,,it is good for ,don't limit..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness