Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 02:23 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Yeah I 'get it', you opinions come right out of the little book of Nazi genetics, you still live in the year 500AD, you live in the middle of nowhere and have no idea of other countries that you 'claim' to be some kind of expert on, what you peddle is mildly racist, xenophobic codswallop, I 'get it' alright, unfortunately from what I see on here though you are not the only one.
I don't have time for racism or ignorance. I am way too knowledgeable for such petty things. "I live in the middle of nowhere"? you're the one who is confusing things as usual. Nevertheless, because you don't understand my statement/s , that doesn't make me a racist. By saying that ethnic Europeans happen to be White doesn't make a racist, the same way l could say ethnic Africans happen to be Black. Jamaica was an island which became a European colony where Africans were brought to slave-labor for their Spanish, later British masters on plantations, now that's racism! Ethnic Jamaicans were not mostly killed by Europeans whether by disease or wars. That's why today most Jamaicans are of African descent, others mixed-race. Learn something instead of pointing fingers like an hooligan at others.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:50 AM

Blond hair ( light brown shades excluded)
Portugal - 11%
Greece - 10.5%
Spain - 9%
Italy - 8.2%

Old 08-09-2016, 05:45 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I don't have time for racism or ignorance. I am way too knowledgeable for such petty things. "I live in the middle of nowhere"? you're the one who is confusing things as usual. Nevertheless, because you don't understand my statement/s , that doesn't make me a racist. By saying that ethnic Europeans happen to be White doesn't make a racist, the same way l could say ethnic Africans happen to be Black. Jamaica was an island which became a European colony where Africans were brought to slave-labor for their Spanish, later British masters on plantations, now that's racism! Ethnic Jamaicans were not mostly killed by Europeans whether by disease or wars. That's why today most Jamaicans are of African descent, others mixed-race. Learn something instead of pointing fingers like an hooligan at others.

Who said anything about 'Europeans!' you can be European and NOT British you know! Your talk of 'Ethnic Britons' is based purely on them being white, the fact that they came from foreign countries seems to completely go over your head ie according to you an ethnic Briton is somebody who has ancestors from Germany but not somebody who's ancestors are from Jamaica yet BOTH are descended from immigrants, you simply base it on skin colour, you claim that 'ethnic Britons' are blond, pale, blue eyed yet all of these traits come from ELSEWHERE just like brown skin does. You are so obsessed with trying to make out that you are some sort of 'British pure breed' that you can't even see yourself doing it. For once and for all 'THERE IS NO BRITISH LOOK', you can be British and have EVERY mix of skin, hair and eye colouring and that is EXACTLY what British people are like. You are NOT British, you are NOT some kind of Viking or Saxon or whatever else runs through your head, YOU are, just like the rest of the Caucasion population of the US, the UK or France or whatever a mix of god knows what DNA and genetics, my black kids most likely have far more British DNA than you are ever likely to have, yet just because of their colour you don't even consider them 'British' (here is a hint for you one side of their family is as white as you or I and hail from this isle), people who still think that in the 21st century you can tell what village, town, city, county, country or even continent people are from just by looking at them are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:02 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times
As for blondes I agree that Sweden is overrated. Overall, for judging is a women beautiful or not the hair color is not the most important criterion for me. The facial traits- that is way more important. Women in Sweden aren´t bad looking as far as i know them but I would say within countries on eastern coast of Baltic sea one could find some more beauty if to talk about north-europe.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about 'Europeans!' you can be European and NOT British you know! Your talk of 'Ethnic Britons' is based purely on them being white, the fact that they came from foreign countries seems to completely go over your head ie according to you an ethnic Briton is somebody who has ancestors from Germany but not somebody who's ancestors are from Jamaica yet BOTH are descended from immigrants, you simply base it on skin colour, you claim that 'ethnic Britons' are blond, pale, blue eyed yet all of these traits come from ELSEWHERE just like brown skin does. You are so obsessed with trying to make out that you are some sort of 'British pure breed' that you can't even see yourself doing it. For once and for all 'THERE IS NO BRITISH LOOK', you can be British and have EVERY mix of skin, hair and eye colouring and that is EXACTLY what British people are like. You are NOT British, you are NOT some kind of Viking or Saxon or whatever else runs through your head, YOU are, just like the rest of the Caucasion population of the US, the UK or France or whatever a mix of god knows what DNA and genetics, my black kids most likely have far more British DNA than you are ever likely to have, yet just because of their colour you don't even consider them 'British' (here is a hint for you one side of their family is as white as you or I and hail from this isle), people who still think that in the 21st century you can tell what village, town, city, county, country or even continent people are from just by looking at them are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Ethnic Britons are Whites and have all hair, eye colors, skin tones of Europeans (I,II,III,IV). Too bad, face reality. the British Isles are not located in the Caribbean as you thought they were. What does the 21st century has to do with it? You are confusing British nationals and ethnic British two different things. By the Vikings and Saxons were Caucasoid too, the average White Briton is genetically 37% Anglo-Saxon.

There is a "British look", nothing wrong with it, either.

Jeremy Clarkson look very British.

So does Paul Scholes.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Ethnic Britons are Whites and have all hair, eye colors, skin tones of Europeans (I,II,III,IV). Too bad, face reality. the British Isles are not located in the Caribbean as you thought they were. What does the 21st century has to do with it? You are confusing British nationals and ethnic British two different things. By the Vikings and Saxons were Caucasoid too, the average White Briton is genetically 37% Anglo-Saxon.

There is a "British look", nothing wrong with it, either.

Jeremy Clarkson look very British.

So does Paul Scholes.
WHO ARE THESE 'ETHNIC BRITONS'!!! YOU NEVER ANSWER! Why? because there is NO SUCH THING! You are just racist.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
WHO ARE THESE 'ETHNIC BRITONS'!!! YOU NEVER ANSWER! Why? because there is NO SUCH THING! You are just racist.
Oh well, let's see. You should know who are they are! Right? Jeremy Clarkson, Catherine Zeta Jones, Paul Scholes, Theresa May, Late Princess Diana, Bobby Moore, Shearer, Wayne Rooney, Sean Connery, Hugh Grant, Will Hughes are examples of ethnic Britons. You are probably an example too, so don't over think. Chill dude!

Old 08-10-2016, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Oh well, let's see. You should know who are they are! Right? Jeremy Clarkson, Catherine Zeta Jones, Paul Scholes, Theresa May, Late Princess Diana, Bobby Moore, Shearer, Wayne Rooney, Sean Connery, Hugh Grant, Will Hughes are examples of ethnic Britons. You are probably an example too, so don't over think. Chill dude!
None of them are 'Ethnic Britons' because they ALL have ancestors from elsewhere on the planet, just like Idris Elba. I think you are mixing up the terms 'ethnic Britons' and 'white Britons', which is my point. And because everybody you mentioned ALL have ancestors from elsewhere they are all diverse and all look completely different too (unless you really do believe Wayne Rooney and Sean Connery could be twins!!).

Old 08-10-2016, 06:17 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Quote:
None of them are 'Ethnic Britons' because they ALL have ancestors from elsewhere on the planet, just like Idris Elba. I think you are mixing up the terms 'ethnic Britons' and 'white Britons', which is my point. And because everybody you mentioned ALL have ancestors from elsewhere they are all diverse and all look completely different too (unless you really do believe Wayne Rooney and Sean Connery could be twins!!).
By your definition everyone everywhere is indigenous no matter what country they are in as long as they are born there. In Australia where I live the only indigenous Australians are the Aboriginal people. Australians, even if they have ancestry from the First Fleet, are not called "indigenous" unless they are Aboriginal. I really think you have a better grasp than you are letting on.

I don't take it as an insult that I'm not classified as an indigenous Australian and I'm sure Idris Elba wouldn't be insulted that he's not considered as an indigenous Briton. He after all has no British ancestry whatsoever. I'm sure he is proud of his Sierra Leonian and Ghanian ancestry. We've been talking about this topic for a couple of years. I think it is more racist not recognising someone's ancestry. Someone moving to another country doesn't forget their roots and completely ignore their origins.

The most recent dna study on British people was called the People of the British Isles study or PoBI. Everyone in that study had to have 4 grandparents with documented ancestry from the same area otherwise the information would be useless. They were trying to get a snapshot of British genetics to see what populations in the past made up the British. There are other genetic studies on other populations such as Italians, Greeks, Ethopians etc. All these studies use people that have a proven long term lineage in a particular area.

You are being deliberately obtuse and just keep going around in circles. Would you call someone with English parents who is born in China Chinese? The Chinese wouldn't.

I know that someone can be British or English and have parents from elsewhere. People can make distinctions though on whether someone has all English ancestry or someone has 0 English ancestry. When someone is talking about British genetics they obviously wouldn't include someone like Idris Elba or Rachel Weisz who are both English by nationality but have 0 English or British ancestry. There is no racism involved in recognising that someone might have diverse ancestry. It would be more odd to pretend they don't.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:35 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanka-katarnikova View Post
There are no indigenous people anywhere!!

Humans originated around modern Tanzania and we migrated from there and spread all over the globe.... thousands of years later the concept of nations started to form, way after humans had occupied the planet and organized themselves into communities!

Over 90% of human history has been spent just migrating in hordes from one place to the other, looking for food, waging war on one another and just banging each other!!!

Culture is also an ever-changing concept. the UK 1000 years ago didn't exist and the people who lived there had a completely different culture from the modern British! Not only that but they were constantly invaded by Vikings and others adding to the gene pool.... Nothing has changed!!

We're migrating around these countries, killing and banging each other and merging all these cultures together to create new ones!! It has always been like that because of evolution!!!

Evolution shows that the best way to destroy a culture, it's to isolate it! (Look at Eastern Islanders), they all banged each other in isolation and their culture stopped changing and they eventually died out!
You can do a spit test and send it to a company like 23andMe and Ancestry. They are pretty good at telling you where your ancestry originates from. Populations still cluster together so the past wasn't quite the free for all it is now. They will still be able to tell where people's genetics are from. In fact they are getting better all the time at this.

FTDNA tells me I'm 100% British Isles so not quite the hodge podge yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe