Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:07 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,887,513 times

Advertisements

Me, I always loved Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield shades of blonde. But it's very difficult to achieve (I have natural dark to medium brown hair). And it's hard to maintain. I did for 7 years, but boy, the haircuts I had to have every time I bleached it. It was crazy. But I had always liked their shades of blonde.

If you went blonde, what famous blonde celebs shade would you like to have or wished to have??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 12:17 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,482 times
I'd want Reese Witherspoon's hair in the film Legally Blonde. It's the perfect shade. I saw the behind the scenes footage on the DVD and they said they had to dye her hair multiple times to get that shade. I have thick jet black hair though, so there's no way I could go blonde.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
My hair is blonde (see my profile pic if ya want)! I am a huge lover of all things vintage and I have the Monroe shade but w/ some darker streaks to keep it more current.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 AM

12 posts, read 159,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I'd want Reese Witherspoon's hair in the film Legally Blonde. It's the perfect shade. I saw the behind the scenes footage on the DVD and they said they had to dye her hair multiple times to get that shade. I have thick jet black hair though, so there's no way I could go blonde.
You absolutely can, I did. Check out my thread!!! I still have the same amount of hair, healthy and down to my butt long! O extensions but you need a good stylist.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:23 AM

12 posts, read 159,455 times
I'd be Shakra!! Or paris hilton

Old 09-03-2016, 05:49 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
I guess I'm pretty stumped about why you are surprised that your regrowth is so dark? What did you think was gong to happen?

Old 09-03-2016, 05:58 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,642,372 times
I am a brunette, but if I could pick any Blonde I would want to look like, it would be Cybill Shepard. I have always thought she was absolutely gorgeous, and is a true blonde beauty. Moonlighting anyone?

Old 09-03-2016, 06:56 PM

910 posts, read 2,294,153 times
I hope that when people are wishing to copy a celebrity's hair color they are taking into account their own skin tone which should be in the same range as theirs. Nothing is worse to me than women who have the wrong shade of blond just because they "love" it. Thankfully there's a good amount of women who instinctively choose the right one or who try to get advice on the subject from someone who knows, etc.

Incidentally, Marilyn Monroe sported many different shades of blond during her career, in the end she had a white blond shade. But I liked her best in this pale blond which I sort of copied but in an ash tone because it goes better with my skin tone.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:15 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
I am in my 60's now, my natural hair color was brown. When I was young (teens and 20s) I went through various shades of blonde, from dark golden blonde to near platinum. Even with brown eyes, it flattered me very well.

Fast forward to today - my dyed brown hair is growing out it's natural silver/light brown mix, that almost, but not quite, reads "blonde." I don't want to use chemicals, so I use chamomile and cassia to bring out light golden tones which is flattering to my golden tan skin. If you have ever seen pictures of Sofia Vergara when she was younger, she is a natural blonde with a similar shade, and her skin tone is like mine. I prefer those types of "toned down" blonde looks now rather than the super platinum or pale blonde.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
My natural hair color is dark blonde/very very light brown. It's ashy. I never had a specific celebrity whose blonde I wanted to emulate, but I used to lighten my hair slightly to a medium blonde. I am probably going to go for that again once this near-black is grown out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care