Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 05:33 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What's "wrong?" And what UK and Ireland has got to do with it?
I was responding to NewbiePoster, who, I assumed was an American.
And if an American is saying that "blond people with brown eyes are everywhere," that might seem to him/her as an ordinary thing for a good reason. This article mentioned on another thread is describing the disappearance of blue eyes in the US, so it might be very much so, that they are replaced with brown eyes in blond people including.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/18/wo...9975.html?_r=0

That's why for an American this combination might come across as a regular thing.

I've said that when I used to live in Moscow, this particular combination was very rare, I think still is.
I was not talking about Poland, Germany or "Central Europe," - just Russia.
Nope you are wrong, America is no exception to the rule! The "disappearance of blue eyes" is only linked to the change of immigration patterns and intermarriages between Northern Europeans groups and non-Northern European ones. More than a hundred years ago, the vast majority of people in America were of primarily Anglo-Saxon, Celtic and other Northern European ancestry (Scandinavians, Dutch, etc...). So the frequency of blue-eyed people in that American population was high. Immigration from Northern Europe was even encouraged. The blond/fair-skinned, blue-eyed person was also advertised as the ideal image, labelled "Anglo" in some regions. However as immigration patterns changed people from Southern, Central, Eastern Europe, the Levant (Lebanon), Asia, etc... came to America, this decreased the frequency of blue-eyed people. There is not only a decrease in people who have blue eyes, but also those who are blonde/red-haired and fair-skinned in America. You are more likely to meet a natural blonde, blue-eyed person than a natural blonde, brown-eyed person even in America. [/quote]

Old 10-06-2014, 05:47 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What's "wrong?" And what UK and Ireland has got to do with it?
I was responding to NewbiePoster, who, I assumed was an American.
And if an American is saying that "blond people with brown eyes are everywhere," that might seem to him/her as an ordinary thing for a good reason. This article mentioned on another thread is describing the disappearance of blue eyes in the US, so it might be very much so, that they are replaced with brown eyes in blond people including.
Maybe it got lost in the shuffle, but I was talking about Norway and Sweden, where I've spent about 6 months total, travelling around, but mostly staying with friends. Nearly all the blonds I saw had brown eyes. Friends I have here in the US, whose parents are Norwegian and Swedish from Wisconsin, are blond with brown eyes. I wonder if it's more the Germans and the Dutch who have blue eyes with their blond hair. It's not Scandinavians, unless it's more a southern phenomenon in those countries. But even in the south, I didn't see many blue-eyed people.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Maybe it got lost in the shuffle, but I was talking about Norway and Sweden, where I've spent about 6 months total, travelling around, but mostly staying with friends. Nearly all the blonds I saw had brown eyes. Friends I have here in the US, whose parents are Norwegian and Swedish from Wisconsin, are blond with brown eyes. I wonder if it's more the Germans and the Dutch who have blue eyes with their blond hair. It's not Scandinavians, unless it's more a southern phenomenon in those countries. But even in the south, I didn't see many blue-eyed people.

For your information Sweden and Norway have a higher frequency of blue-eyed people whether with blonde/red/brown hair than the Netherlands or Germany. You might be called a liar by saying that you didn't see any blonde, blue-eyed people in Sweden and Norway.

Sweden/Svearige

Last edited by saxonwold; 10-06-2014 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinperson View Post
With black guys like me having lots of sex with European women, none of the countries will have any blonde people left!

But-but-but... The world will lose interest to all sexual activities, the procreation will stop and we'll all die)))))
Saxonwold secretly knows about it, so he'll keep on supplying us with plenty of blond pictures to postpone the disaster))))

Old 10-07-2014, 12:21 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
For your information Sweden and Norway have a higher frequency of blue-eyed people whether with blonde/red/brown hair than the Netherlands or Germany. You might be called a liar by saying that you didn't see any blonde, blue-eyed people in Sweden and Norway.

Sweden/Svearige

Dude, the top pic with the little girls looks like they all have brown eyes.

In the more northerly areas of Sweden, where I spent most of my time, there tends to be Sami admixture, which could explain the predominance of brown eyes. Just a guess. Idk about Sami admixture in Norway. But the blonds I hung out with in the south also had brown eyes. I may have seen some blue eyes in passing, but all the people I stayed with or spent much time with had brown eyes. My born-in-the-US Swedish and Norwegian friends are also brown-eyed blonds.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:15 AM

237 posts, read 673,313 times
Blondest countries rank

1 Norway
2 Sweden
3 Finland
4 Denmark
5 Baltic states
6 Netherlands
7 Iceland
8 Germany
9 England
10 Belarus
11 Scotland
12 Switzerland
13 Ireland
14 Austria
15 Wales
16 Poland
17 Belgium
18 Czech Rep
19 France
20 Ukraine
21 Slovakia
22 Hungary
23 Russia
24 Croatia
25 Slovenia
26 Spain
27 Portugal
28 Romania
29 Moldova
30 Italy
31 Serbia
32 Bulgaria
33 Macedonia
34 Albania
35 Greece

Old 10-07-2014, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinperson View Post
Too bad! I don't care if the hot blondes go extinct; all that matters is that I have sex with them during my lifetime. Encourage other black men to do the same.
You have an inferiority complex or what is known as the Stockholm Syndrome. [/quote]

Old 10-07-2014, 09:15 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,060,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphinperson
Too bad! I don't care if the hot blondes go
extinct; all that matters is that I have sex with them during my lifetime.
Encourage other black men to do the same.
You have an inferiority complex or what is known as the Stockholm Syndrome.
A shame. He has contempt for his own race. He must regard them downright ugly or something. Or black girls will not look at him.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:50 PM

603 posts, read 1,630,749 times
Norway, Sweden and Finland would be the countries with the most amount of blondes, which is too obvious.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmega View Post
Blondest countries rank

1 Norway
2 Sweden
3 Finland
4 Denmark
5 Baltic states
6 Netherlands
7 Iceland
8 Germany
9 England
10 Belarus
11 Scotland
12 Switzerland
13 Ireland
14 Austria
15 Wales
16 Poland
17 Belgium
18 Czech Rep
19 France
20 Ukraine
21 Slovakia
22 Hungary
23 Russia
24 Croatia
25 Slovenia
26 Spain
27 Portugal
28 Romania
29 Moldova
30 Italy
31 Serbia
32 Bulgaria
33 Macedonia
34 Albania
35 Greece
Well not bad. According to what source, have you derived this? Finland in most cases is usually the blondest in the world in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe