Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 09:27 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Liberals, Democrats and the left wing power block generally have gone full McCarthy and tossed in Hollywood flavors to boot. This is politcial theatre and the above have pulled out the big guns. They're going after anything that can be used as grist for the mill.

The bias is quite evident. I wonder what the Seattle Times will have to say about this. They openly displayed their anti Trump credentials from day one and even before Trump was elected. Talk radio and the news here are going full zombie on this whole affair and you better believe there are no voices to oppose the madness. They don't dare speak, if they do it will cost them everything.

The only time I ever saw such hysteria was after 9/11. It's lunacy.

This woman doesn't do anything a hell of a lot of other women the world over in every walk of life does. What makes her guilty is the fact that she is Russian and in the wrong place at the wrong time. She and no doubt a lot of Russians are in the crosshairs of this new McCartyist drama.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-kr...-she-love-guns
When you have the media in your hip pocket, you can be sloppy because they will block any other information from being transmitted. I see it all the time with the fake domestic terror plots for about 15 years. The TV anchors and newspapers all repeated the FBI's false claims that AQ or ISIS was carrying out a bomb plot, when all anyone had to do was check criminal complaint or arrest report filings, arraignment hearings testimonies, or other legal records online to see that it was an FBI plot. The same manner of false reporting and accusations were done with Syria, Libya, and Russia hack. Anybody with any reasonable networking background could see that the hack was not attributable and that they intentionally mischaracterized APT28 and APT29 just like they did with the Novichok accusations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 10:52 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
It might surprise you to know that our government does not control our media. That the WSJ had to correct its headline about what she was charged with, does not mean the US ever said she was a spy. She is charged with acting as an unregistered foreign agent. You might want to search what that means and how it involves her activities. Minor stuff in the grand scheme of things but still a crime.
Yup.
She has got to register.
Putin thinks that he is the only smart a** making all those that act against his personal interests to register as "foreign agent."
This clown Maria Butina should register in the US as well.

"With over 70 chapters and over 10,000 members, “The Right to Bear Arms” is a member of the “International Association for the Protection of Civilian Rights.” Its partners are similar organizations defending civil gun rights in such countries as Estonia, Greece, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Israel, Czech Republic, Italy and the United States. Its honorary Russian members include First Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation (and now State Secretary Deputy Governor of the Bank of Russia) Senator Alexander Torshin, show business stars, bloggers, journalists and other public authorities."

Yeah, "Protection of Civilian Rights" in a society with one-party system, some "doctrine" that
"awaits President Putin’s signature."
"The Right to Bear Arms" my a**.

The circus has left, the clown is still here, as Russians say.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:28 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yup.
She has got to register.
Putin thinks that he is the only smart a** making all those that act against his personal interests to register as "foreign agent."
This clown Maria Butina should register in the US as well.

"With over 70 chapters and over 10,000 members, “The Right to Bear Arms” is a member of the “International Association for the Protection of Civilian Rights.” Its partners are similar organizations defending civil gun rights in such countries as Estonia, Greece, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Israel, Czech Republic, Italy and the United States. Its honorary Russian members include First Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation (and now State Secretary Deputy Governor of the Bank of Russia) Senator Alexander Torshin, show business stars, bloggers, journalists and other public authorities."

Yeah, "Protection of Civilian Rights" in a society with one-party system, some "doctrine" that
"awaits President Putin’s signature."
"The Right to Bear Arms" my a**.

The circus has left, the clown is still here, as Russians say.
She formed her gun rights organization shortly after Russia passed the law to start tracking foreign NGO's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_foreign_agent_law

The US has had their law for many years, but they and the NGO's complained bitterly when Russia passed their law. There were a large number of staged protests and uprisings around the world the year before the law. We now know that the Arab Spring was not a spontaneous grass-roots level protest.

There are also some US lobbying groups that act on behalf of foreign governments, notably AIPAC, that are exempt from registering as a foreign agent in the US.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:04 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
She formed her gun rights organization shortly after Russia passed the law to start tracking foreign NGO's.

The US has had their law for many years, but they and the NGO's complained bitterly when Russia passed their law. There were a large number of staged protests and uprisings around the world the year before the law. We now know that the Arab Spring was not a spontaneous grass-roots level protest.

There are also some US lobbying groups that act on behalf of foreign governments, notably AIPAC, that are exempt from registering as a foreign agent in the US.
The Russian law is not the same as the US law. For one thing, the US law does not apply to NGO's who don't serve a foreign interest. For example, an organization promoting racial dialogue or domestic violence awareness. Foreign funding would not make it required to be registered as a foreign agent in the US.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I think you're missing the bigger picture. It's one thing to express a desire to want to work with Russia, which I welcome, but it's another thing to entirely dismiss the findings of intelligence services and loudly express those sentiments during a public meeting.

It's what we call a political faux-pas.
I trust the intelligence services of the US about as much as I would trust my 5 year old grandson with an AK-47. I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN IRAQ AND THE WMDs. Look where the intelligence establishment got us with that ffs.

The people in our intelligence service do WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THEM BY THEIR MASTERS. They do nothing else.

In the political climate these recent years I not only mistrust them, I think they're traitors and self serving ones at that. I think you don't understand how a government as corrupt as ours works. In my time it's become pretty apparent to me. This mess is dangerous.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Its obvious to me the US has to get rid of these groups. The peoples government is not for the people, it's for the special interests which do not have what's best for the country in mind.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:42 PM

The Avangard hypersonic missile is ready.

TASS: Military & Defense - Russia completes work on Avangard hypersonic missile system

Old 07-19-2018, 06:47 PM

Take a look at this. In a nutshell it's exactly what is happening.

https://www.rt.com/news/433683-putin...ussian-stance/

Old 07-19-2018, 07:21 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Yeah I noticed that Putin is trying to sell the idea to Trump that the sanctions are a deep state holdover from obama days. I give him credit for being smart, it was a good try. Now he is public about it, but might as well go for it at this point. Also, the attempts to link Browder, McFaul and Hillary were well thought out operations. If they can derail the Magnitsky Act in the USA, they might stop the EU from enacting their own version. The EU passing a similar act would be a disaster for Putin, as it would seriously disrupt the guys he works for.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:

Well, where is the conflict of interests here?
What "gun lovers" have to do with Russia?
It's American heritage, let them deal with it.
All these Russian copy-cats irritate the **** out of me.

Quote:
Well, let's go over it, slowly.
The whole "Western democracy" thing is based on money, on a fact that people with different beliefs support different parties.
In Yeltsin's Russia ALL the wealth has been placed in few hands, ( with the help of Americans of course,) which effectively cut off the possibility of establishing in Russia the "democracy Western style," since those not connected to ruling clan simply didn't have any money to fund the political opposition.
When Americans figured out that people in whose hands they've placed money and political power were partially thrown out of the game, and the rest received the new leader, ( i.e. Putin,) who didn't want completely comply with American interests, Americans realized that now they'll have to fund the Russian opposition themselves. And obviously, the kind of opposition they were trying to fund in Russia, was the opposition that would still promote American interests.
Putin in his turn figured it out, and shrewdly came up with the whole "foreign agent" law.
Americans bitterly complained, but they had no one to blame for their shortsightedness but themselves.
I mean why would Russian population wanted to see any of the "right forces" representatives ( that screwed them up so badly to begin with, back in the 90ies,) to be funded by Americans? But that's whom Americans essentially were trying to fund to bid against Putin.
It was only natural for Russian general public to agree that Americans in essence were funding the "foreign agents," who worked against Russian geopolitical interests.
Had Americans funded the "Left" opposition in Russia, it would have been very interesting to see the public reaction in Russia, if Communists Party/Left Front/Udaltsov et al would have been labeled as "foreign agents" by Putin.

But back to this clown, Butina that is.
There is certain number of *enthusiasts* in Putin's Russia, who pretend to be *spontaneous,* but in fact are carefully overseen by Kremlin. (Or at least approved by Kremlin, if they happened to be spontaneous. ) And since one of the Russian senators ( ) is involved in Butina's project, it can be either case.

So now this particular group of *gun lovers* is looking for back door ties with American establishment, and with what other purpose in mind, but promoting Putin's interests? ( Take note, I am saying "Putin's," not Russian interests, since it's not one and the same thing.)

So yep, sorry, this Butina person has got to register.

Quote:
Well obviously the US don't intend to make the kind of weapon out of this law, that Putin finds handy for his own purpose.

Last edited by erasure; 07-19-2018 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe