Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 05:20 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
If Turkey wants to take annex northern Syria, which it could easily do at the moment, is Russia going to be okay with that? How about with a rushed referendum?
What kind of population lives in Northern Syria, may I ask?
Are they mostly Turks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 05:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What kind of population lives in Northern Syria, may I ask?
Are they mostly Turks?
I believe so. It's one of those cases of lines moving over people and I believe the French are the ones responsible in this case. Syria should surrender sovreignity or at least give them a very high degree of autonomy. Syria is in ways a lot like Ukraine. For Turkey it's just a land grab, they couldn't care less about the people there. Most of the fighters there are indiginous people or from southern Turkey from what I understand.

Syria has only to gain by accepting a peace. The problem is the meddling of other powers via Lebanon and Turkey. Kurds live further east and they don't like the Turks there.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
....the bridge that, according to some, was "never was going to be built"...."no serious, capable engineering company is going to put a bolt on it", it is all propaganda and, if they really going to attempt to built it, it will end up in a disaster.......remember those statements?? LOL
No, straw man much? This bridge should have been built years ago. Finally it will happen. Its a better use of money than building stadiums for a disgraced Olympics.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:04 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Goodbye Russia: A generation packs its bags

Russia's leading environmental activist is one of more than a million people - many of them young and well-educated - who have packed their bags and left the country in recent years, writes the BBC's Lucy Ash. Russian even has a word for the phenomenon, "poravalism".

Goodbye Russia: A generation packs its bags - BBC News

Old 12-23-2017, 11:15 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
People always love to talk about Russians who leave Russia. What about those who stay and those who move back? LOL!!!

Congrats on the lady who won for Khimki Forest.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:36 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Goodbye Russia: A generation packs its bags

Russia's leading environmental activist is one of more than a million people - many of them young and well-educated - who have packed their bags and left the country in recent years, writes the BBC's Lucy Ash. Russian even has a word for the phenomenon, "poravalism".

Goodbye Russia: A generation packs its bags - BBC News

...and where do they go?? I haven't read of an upsurge of Russians arriving somewhere else.

There are a lot of stories about well educated Russians (including scientists) actually going back as well...

Old 12-23-2017, 12:57 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
...and where do they go?? I haven't read of an upsurge of Russians arriving somewhere else.

There are a lot of stories about well educated Russians (including scientists) actually going back as well...
Really? There are tons of Russians in a few American cities. Philadelphia and New York come to mind.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:38 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
https://news.google.com/news/amp?cau...H0HP#pt0-37388

“(Reuters) - The Russian Communist Party on Saturday unexpectedly dropped its veteran leader Gennady Zyuganov as its presidential candidate to challenge President Vladimir Putin next year, choosing instead a largely unknown businessman with links to the farm sector.“ “the party picked Pavel Grudinin.”

Old 12-23-2017, 04:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
https://news.google.com/news/amp?cau...H0HP#pt0-37388

“(Reuters) - The Russian Communist Party on Saturday unexpectedly dropped its veteran leader Gennady Zyuganov as its presidential candidate to challenge President Vladimir Putin next year, choosing instead a largely unknown businessman with links to the farm sector.“ “the party picked Pavel Grudinin.”
Ahh... Bwa-ha-ha...Him.
They chose Grudinin after all, lol.
( Yeah, today was the 23rd over there, the CPSU (RF) congre... well not congress, but their meeting where they were supposed to name a presidential candidate.)
Well I'm glad that I kept my eye on the "left" forces over there, so by now I have pretty good idea of Grudinin and what to expect from him, even listening to this older ( from November) video -

( "What would you do if you were a president?")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWaP_OSUWUg

So yeah... NOW things are getting interesting over there)))

Old 12-23-2017, 04:27 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Really? There are tons of Russians in a few American cities. Philadelphia and New York come to mind.
Sure, in my city too but the "wave" was from the 1990s....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe