Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 09:55 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Truist you are missing my point, I don't have anything against electric buses, I think they are great, and the future is electric. However I don't think Trolleys are old or outdated. Americans had a similar idea about streetcars and trams, but a hundred years after we tore the rails out of the streets, we are putting them back in, and at a much higher price. If the trolley lines exist I say leave them be, just update the buses with batteries so that it can both operate on and off the grid, but while on the grid it can charge up, similar to the ones that Seattle just ordered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTiAyGZRO7U

Also don't take it personal, I think everyone is corrupt, including my country the USA, we just have a better PR job to cover that up and make a lot of the forms of corruption legal, as they say out of sight out of mind. In Russia corruption is a little bit more in you face I would say.
Don't forget that the lines wear out a lot during operation,they just wear out mechanically.Plus the replacement of old underground cables, which are also no longer young.And the cost of a ton of copper has increased several times, if I'm not mistaken .Plus a very worn-out fleet of trolleybuses.And this is without going into all the nuances of operating trolleybus networks. In my opinion, it is much more efficient to replace outdated and much-worn infrastructure and outdated machines with a new, more modern system.

And on the second point, think about it, if the us is so bad with corruption, it does not mean that it is everywhere. I have observed many times that if the normal leadership comes to a country and starts to withdraw their country from the American system with its corruption, the United States immediately begins to issue heartbreaking screams and suffering with all sorts of accusations against the recalcitrant.And sanctions, Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 11:17 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,568,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You did. You yourself have put it this way - "drones vs tanks."

The biggest problem here was that Armenian army was in poor shape to begin with, comparably to Azeri's one.
Given all equal - then we could REALLY talk about how much drones can be a "game changer."
Now you're being obtuse, and trying to put words in my mouth. Noting that something*is the primary problem, is not the same as saying it's the only problem.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:50 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Here it comes; this is what they are reporting on Russian news;

"Turkish parliament approved Erdogan's order to send Turkish troops to Azerbaijan.
All of a sudden France and the US ( members of the Minsk group) remembered about the existence of Nagorno-Karabakh and asked for clarifications from Moscow what exactly is the role of Ankara in all that, and why did THE RUSSIANS allow Erdogan to get into Southern Caucasus.

Erdogan himself refused from communication with Pompeo.
American plane landed in Turkish Capital, but not only Erdogan didn't find time for Pompeo in his schedule ( unexpectedly so,) but head of his Ministry of International Affairs, Chavushoglu, didn't meet with Pompeo either.
And this is how US State Secretary was greeted in Istanbul; (from 1:45)
(First Pompeo is greeted by the Orthodox clergy, and then...)

"Be cursed American imperialism,"
"I call on Pompeo to get hell out of here, this is not Byzantium, this is Turkish republic. This is not Constantinople, this is Istanbul. Your colonial rules are not working here."
( this is coming from the representative of the Turkish Youth association.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0vZs7MlqPc

So the sh*tfest begins I guess.. ( I'll keep on watching the news.)

Old 11-17-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Now you're being obtuse, and trying to put words in my mouth. Noting that something*is the primary problem, is not the same as saying it's the only problem.

I already explained to you that only when things are all equal, THEN you can start figuring out, what's a "game changer" or what's not.

Please take your bruised ego elsewhere.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:12 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Russians having a hard time with a 3rd proxy war loss to Turkey in as many years. No doubt this is distressing since Turkey signed a deeper military pact with Ukraine just last month. Among other things, Turkey and Ukraine work on drone programs together. Whether or not Ukraine decides to resolve its Donbass conflict the way Azerbaijan just did is undoubtedly leading to some anxiety in Great Russia...

Old 11-17-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russians having a hard time with a 3rd proxy war loss to Turkey in as many years. No doubt this is distressing since Turkey signed a deeper military pact with Ukraine just last month. Among other things, Turkey and Ukraine work on drone programs together. Whether or not Ukraine decides to resolve its Donbass conflict the way Azerbaijan just did is undoubtedly leading to some anxiety in Great Russia...

No that doesn't bring any "anxiety" to Russia, but the nazi boyz of Ukraine are eyeing the muslims as their partners, and contemplating their "path to success."

This partnership is only logical I suppose.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:54 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,568,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I already explained to you that only when things are all equal, THEN you can start figuring out, what's a "game changer" or what's not.

Please take your bruised ego elsewhere.
Now you're attempting to deflect. "when things are all equal" has a big fat zero to do with you attempting to mischaracterize my comments. Maybe you shouldn't be so bombastic.....

Old 11-17-2020, 07:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The only reason Russia is worried is because of the loss in lives and treasure that this may result in. Make no mistake. Turkey and Ukraine combined are not going to stand against Russia. Your Nazi buddies are sure to make things interesting of that I have no doubt. If Russia ever wakes up and sees the reason to plow them under and slaps the snot out of Erdogan at the same time it will be a day of days for sure.

Erasure. I'm not buying the show about Pompeo in Turkey. This is deception.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The only reason Russia is worried is because of the loss in lives and treasure that this may result in. Make no mistake. Turkey and Ukraine combined are not going to stand against Russia. Your Nazi buddies are sure to make things interesting of that I have no doubt. If Russia ever wakes up and sees the reason to plow them under and slaps the snot out of Erdogan at the same time it will be a day of days for sure.

Erasure. I'm not buying the show about Pompeo in Turkey. This is deception.
Let's see here...
The only obvious mistake they made ( as far as I can see, and I often make this mistake too,) that "American plane landed in Turkish capital."
Istanblul is NOT Turkish capital.
Ankara is. ( I made mistake here myself as well.)

Other than that, they were referring in their program to this particular document ( I could see it on their screen in original form, in English, so I could google it;

They ( the hosts) were referring to this particular passage;

"SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TWO: Sure. Let me address the topic that you all will bring up if I don’t, which is the question of scheduling Istanbul: No meetings with Turkish officials. From the very beginning when this trip was initially proposed, this was all presented as a scheduling challenge. The Secretary, as you know well, has a limited window available. We made clear that he was open to seeing any Turkish officials who are able to meet with him here in Istanbul, but that it had to be an Istanbul agenda....

...There were moments when we thought it could and would, but then the Turks told us President Erdogan’s schedule had itself changed. And I attribute to this no political message whatsoever. It literally was a scheduling issue from the standpoint of the Secretary of State and a scheduling issue from the standpoint of President Erdogan and his own travels."

Russians don't believe in this version, that's why they pointed out that Pompeo didn't meet even with the head of the ministry of foreign affairs of Turkey, Cavusoglu ( provided that Erdogan got truly busy.)

Then, again, this is Yahoo article on a subject;

"Officials said Pompeo wanted to visit Istanbul to see the patriarch and was only ready to meet Erdogan and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on the condition they come to him from the capital Ankara.

A meeting had seemed possible after intense negotiations before the talks fell apart.

"This was a scheduling issue," a senior US official said.

"President Erdogan's schedule shifted and made it impossible to fit the parameters that from the very beginning we had set out."

It is difficult to gauge whether the election of Biden -- whom Erdogan congratulated three days after his victory was called by US media -- played a role in the imbroglio.

But it meant that Pompeo failed to discuss with Turkish officials the very problems he pointed to Monday after a meeting in Paris with Macron."

And that's what Russians believe in - that Erdogan snubbed Pompeo, because he already congratulated Biden with presidency, and to him Trump and his administration ( and whatever it has in mind) was already irrelevant.

So I am not sure what deception exactly you have in mind.
I tend to think that Russians were actually right; the meeting with Turkish officials fell through.
It just kinda bizarre that US Secretary of state would head to Turkey to meet specifically with the Orthodox clergy ( and not the officials.)
Even if now American government sees "the writing on the wall" - that they delivered Ukrainian Orthodox Church to essentially Islamic state, after wrestling it away from Moscow's Patriarchy.
Now, after Erdogan turned biggest church ( and museum) in Istanbul into the biggest mosque ( clearly a political agenda) and he establishes his clearly Islamic presence in Southern Caucasus, they hopefully start seeing the light ( albite a bit late.)
But I already pointed earlier, that the involvement of American politicians into religious affairs of the Orthodox world was not going to end up well.
It was NOT a good idea.

Last edited by erasure; 11-17-2020 at 10:36 PM..

Old 11-17-2020, 10:39 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJEALH2_Lg0

A small, but quite interesting video. Just for a better understanding of the world.

Translation of the video in the quote.

Quote:
Apart from politics, from the standpoint of physical Economics, the nature of the Chinese economic breakthrough is obvious - as in Stalin's USSR, it was based on a sharp increase in the density of energy flow per capita. And the basis of this growth in energy flow was huge amounts of cheap coal. It is obvious that when the cheap coal runs out, the locomotive will fail.
We have repeatedly drawn attention to some alarming signs, such as the fact that in the 2010s, the growth rate of China's industrial production, although it remains unprecedented in terms of energy-deficient and virtually bankrupt Western countries, is several times less than its own indicator in zero.
And here is the latest news from the coal mining industry in China.
The company Yongcheng Coal and Electricity Holding Group, which is owned by the state and which only a month ago was awarded the AAA rating-the highest reliability! - I couldn't pay off the Krat.
The default has already led to a review of quotations and a massive drain on the bonds of other companies in the industry, and NAFMII (China's interbank regulator on the bond market) launched an investigation into whether the company was hiding risks, i.e. the reliability of its reports. Unofficially, it is known that the issue of "bailout" is being discussed, i.e. covering the company's debts from the budget.
The main question here is how long China will have enough coal suitable for industrial production. And the Chinese have nothing to replace it in the power generation, even if they can get away with nuclear power plants and Zelenka.
to continue the conversation about global coal production and the importance of coal for the Chinese economy, we should, as in the case of uranium, oil or gas, clearly separate the flies from the cutlets, and the warm from the soft.
China's attempts to somehow diversify the economy away from the" coal needle " have led to the fact that the share of coal has dropped from 70 to 65% in total generation. As a result, China has become the largest buyer of coal on the world market.
In each of these areas, conscious, serious and large-scale efforts are being made (you can recall the epic "Three gorges", and the program for building nuclear power generation using Russian, French and American technologies), but we must realize that " we Say China, we give out coal. We say coal, we mean China."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe