Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2020, 11:30 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
When will German doctors give more information?

Patience Maxim, patience.

They are working on it - it's not that easy to figure it out right away.
Meanwhile, I am looking at a good article on a subject here, in the Guardian.

"Although Navalny is not Russia’s only pro-democracy activist, he is a uniquely important oppositional force."

Oh, really? "Not Russia's only?"
Why, thank you for at least acknowledging that. ( So who are the other ones? Would Western media EVER let us on it?)

But moving on...

"In addition to these projects, Navalny has run western-style electoral campaigns relying on crowdfunding and armies of enthusiastic volunteers. In 2013, he came in second in Moscow’s first mayoral election in a decade. In 2018, he was barred from the presidential election for dubious reasons, despite having opened fully staffed campaign offices in every one of Russia’s regions.'

( Where the money for all that are coming from - I'd be interested to know.)

"There are legitimate reasons to fear for his safety. Navalny suffered poisoning-like symptoms last summer and was doused in the face with chemical dye in 2017, which caused permanent damage to one of his eyes."

I see.
So we know now about that "chemical dye" because Navalny's eye was damaged in the "authoritarian Russia."
But this in fact a common way of "punishing" political opposition in *free and democratic* Ukraine, yet we'll never learn about it from Western media, so let's make the wild guess "why."
Here it is, only a couple of months ago, the deputy of "Opposition Platform" in Ukrainian Rada was attacked by the Nationalists with the very same substance and could have lost the sight of both of his eyes, only for suggesting that Ukraine doesn't have sovereignty any longer ( obviously being an American colony at this point.)

But we shall never learn about it in Western media, since he is not "the right kind of guy" in "pro-American democracy."

However moving on..

"The activist Vladimir Kara-Murza, who has lobbied for sanctions on Russia, survived apparent poisonings in 2015 and 2017. "

Oh thank you very much for learning about the existence of yet another "oppositioner" in Russia, ( supporting Western goals, obviously.)

The well-known investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya survived a poisoning in 2004 (also becoming ill on a domestic flight) before being shot dead in her apartment building two years later. Other examples abound."

Ditto - Politkovsksay, supporting the "rights of Islamic Chechen freedom fighters."

We definitely need to be aware of her existence too, but what, what are those "other examples" that are "abound"?

This apparently remains shrouded in mystery as far as Western media goes.

This is the part however in this article that I like the most;

"Popular narratives about Russia are infused with the idea that Putin sits atop a highly centralised system that he controls manually. While Putin is certainly Russia’s most important decision-maker, the political system is not his personal well-oiled machine..."

We also sometimes see actors on the periphery of the system try to act independently on behalf of the Kremlin. Boris Nemtsov, a deputy prime minister under Boris Yeltsin and long-time Putin critic, was assassinated outside the Kremlin’s walls in early 2015. His murder, which deeply shocked many in Russia, was eventually attributed to a group of hired killers. However, his family and others are convinced that it was ordered by Ramzan Kadyrov, the head of the Chechen Republic who has a close relationship with Putin.
Journalists and critics can also be caught up in disputes that have little to do with the Kremlin but illustrate how the corrupt machinery of the state can be used against almost anyone."

Why, thank you at least for this acknowledgment, finally.
And that's why I was saying that while the poisoning was obvious to me from the get-go, who exactly was behind it - not so much. Not all THAT obvious.

So now when the accusations will start flying in Western media in the face of Kremlin, Kremlin might not be lying while denying that it was done on "personal Putin's order."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 12:59 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
When will German doctors give more information?
When, curators or owners from the West, decide what is more profitable.A sacred victim, a victim of the regime in a wheelchair, a surviving hero, or whatever they can come up with .Whatever they decide, they will. No wonder the plane was equipped so quickly. That's what I think.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
As if you guys would believe any amount of evidence produced. You rejected it always in the past about every one of Putin's opponents being shot or poisoned. Its nothing new in Russia, kill those who dare challenge the "Tsar".

Old 08-25-2020, 03:05 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Patience Maxim, patience.

They are working on it - it's not that easy to figure it out right away.
I really hope the evidence will be available (and not as usual: "we have proven the poisoning, but we will not say how, since this is classified information"). Otherwise, Russians will not agree with an arguments, and, as the famous song says, wife will convince that this is a cow with a saddle.

Quote:
So now when the accusations will start flying in Western media in the face of Kremlin, Kremlin might not be lying while denying that it was done on "personal Putin's order."
If we consider the version of poisoning, then everything is very complicated.

Potential poisoning can be beneficial to local corrupt officials in Tomsk (if Navalny made a story about them). In this case Putin is really not blame in poisoning.

Or it can connected with the events in Belarus, perhaps Kremlin (Putin) turned off the coordinator or blocked a flow of funding from West. In this case, the tough position of Stephen Bigan (US Deputy Secretary of State) is understandable, the West has lost an important asset.

It is also possible that one of Kremlin towers could have done this. Navalny was used in political struggle of towers, officials passed him compromising evidence to eliminate competitors. Perhaps some tower is tired of it.

Many options are possible.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I really hope the evidence will be available (and not as usual: "we have proven the poisoning, but we will not say how, since this is classified information"). Otherwise, Russians will not agree with an arguments, and, as the famous song says, wife will convince that this is a cow with a saddle.

If we consider the version of poisoning, then everything is very complicated.

Potential poisoning can be beneficial to local corrupt officials in Tomsk (if Navalny made a story about them). In this case Putin is really not blame in poisoning.

Or it can connected with the events in Belarus, perhaps Kremlin (Putin) turned off the coordinator or blocked a flow of funding from West. In this case, the tough position of Stephen Bigan (US Deputy Secretary of State) is understandable, the West has lost an important asset.

It is also possible that one of Kremlin towers could have done this. Navalny was used in political struggle of towers, officials passed him compromising evidence to eliminate competitors. Perhaps some tower is tired of it.

Many options are possible.

Agree - as I've said - Navalny's people were both in Khabarovsk and Belorussia helping to organize protests, so yes, there are a lot of *options* of who exactly have done it and why, since Navalny was a "Western asset" on one hand, and on another hand all those governors ( and whatever officials he was investigating) could be a culprit too.

P.S. Now when I think about it, you know who/what N. reminds me kinda?

Andrej Kurbsky, that's who.

The same argument "what's in true interests of Russia" ( as N. claims,) and what's not))

Old 08-25-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
P.S. Now when I think about it, you know who/what N. reminds me kinda?

Andrej Kurbsky, that's who.

The same argument "what's in true interests of Russia" ( as N. claims,) and what's not))

ps, I found an English translation of "Memories of a Past Love"

https://youtu.be/RxK-6zV_qZE

But only the metal version.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:36 PM

And "Cuckoo"

https://youtu.be/UgvbGSsrwNQ

Old 08-25-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:

ps, I found an English translation of "Memories of a Past Love"

But only the metal version.

Great!

I don't understand a word what he is singing, but at least here are the lyrics in English;

"My dark castle sleeps hidden from the eyes

Calm and peace that reign here torture my soul at times

I'm a suffering hero of my fantasies

And the images of my love are always here with me

I often see fear in the eyes

That look at me in awe

They're bound to fall asleep inside my walls

And freeze inside my worlds

My heart's on fire and my soul is filled with love and pain

It's so quiet and peaceful here

And they look so great

The wax statues that I've made

I used to take them to my beautiful home

We would have some wine and afterwards we'd have some fun

Sometimes they got slightly frightened of what's next

When I put my strong hands round their delicate and fragile necks

Here is one of them bringing flowers for me

Over there is another lady lost in her dreams

I was trying to make them laugh themselves to death,

But I sadly ended up to just strangling them

As in good old fairy-tales"

He missed that part in translation, but it's very important, because that's the whole point here.

Some people THINK that they work for the *greatest good,* but as in old fairy-tales, it turns out that

that fancy "carriage" turns back into pumpkin one day, and when all is said and done, the masks are coming off.

And since I am missing the violins here, let's get back to the original;

Quoting Gorshenyev's own words -

"One day I will croak, and it will happen not later than when I am sixty, because I am young at heart and I don't want to decay morally and physically. And all of you will be howling and drinking because of my departure.

And I will be sitting somewhere on the wet parapet of Tverskay Street, smoking some cigarette.
And all you will be screaming "Gorshok, dude, how could you.."
And I will be shedding tears and counting your victories.
Because we will win in this situation.

I will leave at the moment when you won't be tired of me yet. And you will remember me with good words, because you were not tired of me, and I didn't become the motherf**er, making money on you.

You know who I am referring to - those pretenders preoccupied with their plastic surgeries, trying to stick around as long as they can for the bags of money.

I was doing everything for YOU.

You are always with me.

We are one big family, and it's logical and natural, that you will be whining after I will pass away.

Don't do it guys.

We'll meet again.
Just live. I will wait."

Which it all indicates to me over and over again, that Russia is a true land of the "left", it's ultimately bound to happen, and no Navalny ( or prince Kurbsky) can change it.

And definitely not 35 genders of American left.

Last edited by erasure; 08-25-2020 at 05:40 PM..

Old 08-25-2020, 04:41 PM

^
P.S. So it's one of those things, ( as far as Navalny goes.)
He tries his best, but at the end his efforts are counter-productive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxO2p9AO3_0

( Michael Gorshenyev, "Memories of the Past Love," from the "Dead Anarchist" album.)

Last edited by erasure; 08-25-2020 at 05:30 PM..

Old 08-25-2020, 07:36 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
What do you think of this version:

Cholinesterase is the main enzyme that metabolizes cocaine and its derivatives to form non-toxic breakdown products, so it is used for overdose of this psychoactive substance. (Wikipedia.)

It's possible that our friend Navalny ate too much cocaine.. They tried to get the cocaine out of his system, but as usual, something went wrong..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe