Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 02:53 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
For those who have problem with reading comprehension and super short attention span - look again at production charts I posted.
Once you digest them, we can get to GDP charts.

Repeating for exceptionally challenged - production/industry is part of GDP. Once again - they are not the same.
Interesting--why post just production/industry? Also, what is the definition of production/industry you're using?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 03:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
For those who have problem with reading comprehension and super short attention span - look again at production charts I posted.
Once you digest them, we can get to GDP charts.

Repeating for exceptionally challenged - production/industry is part of GDP. Once again - they are not the same.
I was replying to Zigomor's charts and not yours. My question is the same as the one above me, what is the purpose of your selective data? "Production" of what? GDP as a whole is what matters. I don't care what type of product I produce, I care how much I get paid. Some sectors fell at a greater rate in other countries than Russia. Well Russia had less farther to fall so that makes sense. If you're trying to argue that Russia's economy is somehow handling the virus better than the rest, that really depends on how you want to measure it.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:15 PM

168 posts, read 128,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill Troops, U.S. Intelligence Says

https://dnyuz.com/2020/06/26/russia-...lligence-says/

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/statu...93782241759232

Old 07-02-2020, 01:40 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/88644...ent-until-2036

Old 07-02-2020, 01:12 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
^
"Russian voters have overwhelmingly backed a referendum on constitutional changes that includes a provision allowing President Vladimir Putin — who has already served for some two decades — to remain in power until 2036.
With nearly all of the ballots counted, the tally for the voting that has taken place over a full week showed a 78% "yes" vote, according to Russia's Central Election Commission. The commission estimated the turnout was 65% of eligible voters."

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/88644...ent-until-2036

All right, all right...
Speaking about the referendum on Constitutional amendments - let me tell you something that neither NPR nor other American media will report you ( because for them - it's all about "Putin," obviously.)
So while I don't know specifically what all those amendments were, I can tell you what I see in the "60 minutes" in front of me.

The most important amendments in Constitution that Russians voted for, ( the ones getting the most support) were the following;

Social ( availability of quality health care for everyone) - 95%

The protection of citizens beliefs ( convictions) - the protection of historic truth ( this refers to the WWII) - 89%

The protection of sovereignty of the country - 88%

Political ( the same individual can't be a Senator and a deputy of the State Duma simultaneously) - 67%.

So now you know the priorities of the Russian people.

Now where ( how high on the priorities list) the amendment allowing change of presidential terms stands - I have no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDI9dRSelE&t=3289s

Old 07-02-2020, 02:45 PM
DKM

Here is a promise of more money and better health care, just give me rule for life. That hasn't worked out well since Louis the XIV reign. It's always a brighter future in Russia if they can just muddle through their current troubles.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Here is a promise of more money and better health care, just give me rule for life. That hasn't worked out well since Louis the XIV reign. It's always a brighter future in Russia if they can just muddle through their current troubles.

What I pointed at - at the clear PRIORITIES of Russians, and that's what important to keep in mind.

Now whether the promises will be kept or not is a different story.

Old 07-02-2020, 03:07 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What I pointed at - at the clear PRIORITIES of Russians, and that's what important to keep in mind.

Now whether the promises will be kept or not is a different story.
Do you know any of the specific changes that is going to be applied to Russia’s healthcare? I thought their constitution already stated that everyone has a right to free healthcare provided by the government? Does this really change anything, or is it just lip service?

Old 07-02-2020, 03:15 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Do you know any of the specific changes that is going to be applied to Russia’s healthcare? I thought their constitution already stated that everyone has a right to free healthcare provided by the government? Does this really change anything, or is it just lip service?
The constitution also guarantees pensions and public education. This changes nothing, which is the MO of Putinism. He will do nothing to increase Russia's income like implement rule of law, anti corruption measures or stop doing what is making the developed world sanction Russian companies. So nothing is there to pay for his promises but the excuse is there to not deliver (blame USA). Instead he is focusing on Soviet achievements 75 years ago...

Old 07-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post

When I looked into it, it seems that the major difference is the question ( or rather the amendment added to Constitution now ) is not only that the free health care must be guaranteed, but the ACCESSIBILITY to it must be guaranteed too.

Which makes sense, because until recently, ( until Putin nominated the new cabinet to be exact,) his government was conducting the right-wing policies of "tight budget," and that meant - closing of clinics/hospitals and schools, and particularly - in RURAL AREAS.( It has been called "optimization" back then.)

So this "free of charge" medical care didn't do you any good, if the last hospital in your area was closed, and the next available one would be located 200 km away, in some "Regional center," yet you wouldn't have any car to make it there for regular doctor's appointment.

Same in the big cities actually. The more clinics/hospitals were closing and "merging," the less access people were getting to this "free care."

So I see it at least in this article, coming from Crimea, where they discuss these amendments, and are saying what part of responsibilities for these guarantees will be shifted to the local governments.

With other words, Russians want their old Soviet system of health care back as much as possible - that's the way I understand it.

Meanwhile in Ukraine, they move more and more in the opposite direction. Now that their hospitals/clinics are grossly underfunded as it is, they move to the "Stage II" of their "health reforms," and I assume they'll be part of the "new administrative zoning."

They are drastically cutting the number of administrative districts in Ukraine, and that means ( as many already understand it,) that the nearest clinic/hospital will be relocated to the new "administrative center," which might be miles and miles away.

They start protesting these changes even in Western regions too from what I see, since it's becoming a big concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnZ2uLdcJTE

Last edited by erasure; 07-02-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe