Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Scandinavian country is overall better?
Denmark 44 28.95%
Norway 48 31.58%
Sweden 60 39.47%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 PM

14 posts, read 43,971 times

Advertisements

All of them countries are very nice and for me best countries in europe.I couldn't live any of this countries becuase of weather becuase im a summer person but for me Norway is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 AM

495 posts, read 685,986 times
Well I don't like the way Sweden is handling its muslim invasion. When a country stands by twiddling their thumbs doing nothing as their capitol city burns for a week, they got some serious problems on how to handle things. And I think its only going to get worse for Sweden. So its Denmark or Norway. Denmark has better weather is on mainland Europe. But Norway is more beautiful and I can see killer whales there. Its a tie.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,875,031 times
LOL at everything. Especially the so called 'better weather'. Want the worst summer and winter weather? - Go to Denmark.

BTW, the 100 most common surnames in Sweden consists only of Swedish names. Not even Virtanen amongst them.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:14 PM

102,271 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnSmithJones View Post
Sweden is very pretty but the people are depressed and complain a lot and look at foreigners like they have two heads, especially if you appear to be from Russia/Ukraine/Romania. They also won't understand your Swedish (on purpose) so only speak English.
WOW! My experience has been the exact opposite of this! I speak Norwegian in Sweden, and people are thrilled! Half the people think I'm speaking some northern Swedish dialect, and the rest are impressed I can speak any Scandinavian at all! I do "appear to be from Russia", but since I speak a language they can relate to, nobody cares. I haven't met any depressed Swedes. I can't say the same about Norwegians, though. Oh well. Maybe Norwegians have gotten more cheerful since all that oil money fell on them. It's been quite a while since I was there...

Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM

102,271 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf1923 View Post
All of them countries are very nice and for me best countries in europe.I couldn't live any of this countries becuase of weather becuase im a summer person but for me Norway is the best.
The weather on the coast of Sweden is milder than in many parts of the US, even up north. Summers are fabulous, late winter and early spring hover around freezing, give or take. It sure beats 50 below in Siberia, that's for sure! You should try it before you decide you "couldn't live there". You may be pleasantly surprised.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:41 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,275,503 times
This is SO OBJECTIVE....but I'm game nonetheless:

Languages: Don't know.
Friendliness: All.
Lifestyle: Denmark and Sweden. I feel like Norway might be going downhill.
Climate diversity:Sweden, being it's the longest going from north to south.
Nightlife: Denmark.
Tourist attractions: All.
Economic diversity: Not sure.
Cultural contribution: Sweden or Denmark. Norway is more of 'get outdoors' kind of place.
Urban living: Stockholm or Copenhagen.
History: Denmark or Sweden.
Architecture: Sweden or Denmark.
Transportation: All.
Education: All.
Natural scenery: Norway, but all are good.

Which country is better to visit? Denmark.

Which country would you choose to live in & why? Denmark. I just like it more, after having visited all three.

I wanted to note that Oslo is more of a younger city, with a lot more newer buildings and developments. It also has a much smaller population than either Copenhagen or Stockholm. So, that's why I found myself mostly selecting either Denmark or Sweden throughout this poll, until the nature question came up, and that would be the #1 attraction for most people to Norway. That's not to say the other two don't have nature either, but the other two have plenty of urban attractions that draw people way more than Oslo would.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Well I don't like the way Sweden is handling its muslim invasion. When a country stands by twiddling their thumbs doing nothing as their capitol city burns for a week, they got some serious problems on how to handle things. And I think its only going to get worse for Sweden. So its Denmark or Norway. Denmark has better weather is on mainland Europe. But Norway is more beautiful and I can see killer whales there. Its a tie.
Having just been to Oslo, I think it's going to be even worse for Norway in regards to integrating their Muslim minorities.

Oslo just seemed to be an open door of 'send us your most different culturally', and we'll allow or setup Muslim schools for them, so they can be sure to maintain themselves as culturally different.

I was just noticed so many entire neighborhoods of all muslim groups in Oslo, as if white flight was quickly occurring. The Norwegian killer a few year back, who killed all those kids on an island, in reaction to the Norwegian gov'ts acceptance/encouragement of this, also seemed to imply a big disconnect between the Norwegian gov't and it's people.

I also talked to some other Europeans about Norway. It seemed the general concensus was that Norway was conducting a massive social experiment in this regard, and many were not so sure how this would turn out. In short, you have a TON of very poor, very NOT well-off immigrant groups absolutely everywhere in Oslo, but Norway has a strict policy of 'Norway's Social Care is for the Norwegians only'. So, it was visibly very clear this massive economic disparity between whites in Norway, and everyone else who still seemed just a slight step up from living a continued third world lifestyle.

I think Denmark, having the Mohammed cartoonist a few years back, has gone a few more steps into nipping the future 'problems/issues' these Scandinavian social experiments might have as blowback later on.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I don't think Denmark has boring architecture. Granted I only spent time in Copenhagen but I actually think the architecture found there is more diverse than many other European capitals that I have been to.
I'm a huge fan of Copenhagen architecture as well. I also quite liked Stockholm's architecture. But, outside of the Gamla Stan, the Stockholm architecture changes a bit into something not as awesomely beautiful as in the Gamla Stan. Other cities in Sweden seemed to have a bit less in the interesting architecture department.

Copenhagen is not only quite pretty in my opinion, with a ton of character, I also noticed that even a few non-tourist destiation cities like Aarhus has quite interesting architecture.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMinzies View Post
I was in Stockholm in June and the weather was only 19 degrees celsius (67 F) with rain almost every day for a week. Comming from NYC, it felt very cold for us, and everybody wore a jacket. I did not like the weather at all. I heard that they only have few weeks for summers by local residents.

Scandinavia is a good place to live if you don't like to work what many people say
Sounds like a much warmer June than the one I experienced this summer in 2014. We only had a high of about 13 or 14, throughout the few days I was in Stockholm.

I was told this was quite unusual though, but still.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,875,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Sounds like a much warmer June than the one I experienced this summer in 2014. We only had a high of about 13 or 14, throughout the few days I was in Stockholm.

I was told this was quite unusual though, but still.
Well, every summer gets its share of warm and cool days, you notice that already looking at the averages. And considering that Stockholm lies somewhere between Juneau and Anchorage, Alaska in terms of latitude, I wouldn't be surprised.

But it's 28C now in Stockholm and 30C here on the east side of the Baltic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe