Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 07:41 AM

15,783 posts, read 9,678,933 times

Advertisements

I have loved steven Wright since I first saw him on "The Tonight Show" (with Carson!) or Letterman in the 80s. Here's his first appearance on Carson from back in 1982, before I was aware of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGyQNMPDkk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 08:15 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,133,084 times
Jim Carrey.....I'm surprised nobody's mentioned him, he started really early too,
at comedy clubs while still in high school...very funny and "rubbery" facial expressions too

George Carlin....first counterculture hippie comedian

Robin Williams....a thousand jokes per minute....amazing fast mind

Don Rickles....best insult comedian ever

Richard Pryor.....at his peak nobody could touch him

Rodney Dangerfield....didn't get any respect

Bob Newhart....has a unique detached style...great

Jerry Seinfeld....a natural....first billionaire comedian

Jeff Foxworthy....best "southern" comedian

Chris Rock.....consistantly good since his SNL days

Old Today, 04:25 PM

2,319 posts, read 1,616,941 times
George Carlin....favorite older comedian. What he said in the 90s about politics or the climate applies today.

Robin Williams....a great quick witted comedian who also could seriously act.

Richard Pryor.....the original master at using different character voices & sound effects in common situations. eg: my ribs didn't move when I was punched. They just said bleep, you're gonna get hit.

Eddie Murphy....One of best comedian ever right after Pryor left us.

Jerry Seinfeld.... the master at making jokes about everyday nothing situations(all clean).

Jeff Foxworthy / Larry the Cable Guy....my favorite "southern accent" comedians

Katt Williams .....After seeing a few of his skits he's really funny and intelligent. See his WWIII show.

Kevin Hart....makes jokes about himself and family members in relatable situations. Extremely funny.

Chris Rock..... A legend. Outstanding stand-up since the 90s. He had a cameo on Miami Vice.

Dave Chapelle... He's grown on me with his story-telling ability the last 10 years. He's a blend of Pryor and Hart and in my top 5 (maybe #2 or 3).

Ask yourself which one can make you laugh or crack a huge smile without them saying anything.

Comedians don't get the credit they deserve because they can improv quickly with some good material.

Last edited by frankrj; Today at 05:33 PM..

Old Today, 04:53 PM

5,551 posts, read 8,312,109 times
Richard Pryor is way out in front. He was both a comedian and a performance artist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts