Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:41 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times

Advertisements

Actually, many women elect to keep their marriages together--come h*ll or high water. The difference between Senator Clinton's position and other women, is she was held to a higher standard, and her situation was on the front page of international newspapers, and in everybody's face on the television.

Did people think less of first lady Kennedy when it was revealed President Kennedy was having extra-martial sex. I don't think so!

And why is it important to know about people's sex life. In other countries, with less emphasis on politicians' personal lives, more than 50% of the candidates and those elected, have regular extra-martial relationships. It doesn't seem to affect their leadership skills, and in fact, it may enhance them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 09:44 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In all seriousness can you then explain if that is a common attitude amongst women why the philandering Rudy is apparently so acceptable to many women?
I don't believe that is a common attitude among women, I think FAR too many women are so desperate to keep their man that they will close their eyes to what he is doing...pure and simple.

I don't care for Rudy either, I think people have forgotten who he was before 911...

Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Actually, many women elect to keep their marriages together--come h*ll or high water. The difference between Senator Clinton's position and other women, is she was held to a higher standard, and her situation was on the front page of international newspapers, and in everybody's face on the television.

Did people think less of first lady Kennedy when it was revealed President Kennedy was having extra-martial sex. I don't think so!

And why is it important to know about people's sex life. In other countries, with less emphasis on politicians' personal lives, more than 50% of the candidates and those elected, have regular extra-martial relationships. It doesn't seem to affect their leadership skills, and in fact, it may enhance them.
Maybe not all people but I did...I feel that the Kennedy marriage was little better then prostitution...she sold herself (or her family did) to the highest bidder for prestige...very sad...then he slept with everyone he could get his hands on while the good wife stayed at home and said nothing, in my world that is not only immoral from his point of view but from hers as well...Why do you think she said nothing?? I am betting on the money and prestige of it all???

Women who will fight to keep their marriage no matter how the man treats them, should get more self esteem...men wouldn't do the same in their position...butch up...don't allow yourself to be walked over.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:49 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Bill O'Reilly is just a self promotion machine and the product he's promoting is himself and his own image. I find him to be an overbearing loudmouth who never lets his guests get a word in edgewise on his show. I don't even know why he bothers to have guests. He's basically marketing certain points of view, often on very unimportant issues, because he's competing with other commentators on other networks and he wants the largest market share he can get. I can't understand why people can't see through all the hype.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Not everyone thinks or feels the way you do, Lisa, nor do they have your gumption.

In the olden days when I was young, growing up, a woman would be scorned for a divorce, not the man. When I came of marriagable age, it was just beginning to become acceptable but infrequently tolerated.

It is only the last few years--can't say when--that women have taken on the issue without forfeiting their esteem in the community and travel in circles that applaud their action(s).

In that context of time, Ms. Kennedy would have been tolerated, if not scorned for leaving Jack Kennedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Maybe not all people but I did...I feel that the Kennedy marriage was little better then prostitution...she sold herself (or her family did) to the highest bidder for prestige...very sad...then he slept with everyone he could get his hands on while the good wife stayed at home and said nothing, in my world that is not only immoral from his point of view but from hers as well...Why do you think she said nothing?? I am betting on the money and prestige of it all???

Women who will fight to keep their marriage no matter how the man treats them, should get more self esteem...men wouldn't do the same in their position...butch up...don't allow yourself to be walked over.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post

I agree, Jackie Kennedy was a calculating woman! And that is one thing both these former 1st Ladies had in common! Hilary stayed with Bill because she knew it would help her in her bid for the office she coveted from the start!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,809 times
why would oreily want to pull us to the centre? he is right wing. and usa is already a very right wing country. to pull a (ultra right wing) country like usa to the centre, u would need marx, or mao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
Calling all REAL Americans. We need to band together to convince Bill O'Reilly to run for President. We need a man of his quality to lead our country. With his commitment to protecting children and calling out poor leadership, such as that in the great state of Vermont, I am confident he can pull our country back together. With his strong morals and clear, unbiased thinking, he can pull both Democrats and Republicans back to the center, where they belong. He will be able to point the Liberals in the right direction, rather than traveling down the dangerous road they currently are.

We need Bill O'Reilly and we need him now. Please, if you care about your country, email Mr. O'Reilly and let him know America needs him now.

My prayers are with all of you and our country. And to all the military around the world, thank you for everything you do. America loves you. Please do not lsiten to what the Liberals are saying about you and your efforts. Thank you.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
I cannot stand Ann Coulter. She is wacko right. Rosie is the most hateful person on the planet. I watched her show...I watched her say our miltary are terrrorist. She deserves whatever she gets. I don't think Bill Clinton noticed any attack....he was knida busy.....
Thank you for conveniently editing out the comparison with Mr. O'Reilly and HIS hatred. It so exemplifies the (neo?)conservative ideology of starting an argument and ignoring the factual response.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:08 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Thank you for conveniently editing out the comparison with Mr. O'Reilly and HIS hatred. It so exemplifies the (neo?)conservative ideology of starting an argument and ignoring the factual response.
Just curious here...where do you see HATRED in any of Bill O'Reilly's words? He hates ignorance, that's for sure. But he gives more time to his opponents than anyone else on TV, and invites more people who directly disagree with him on his show than anyone else on TV. He quotes accurately an in-context, and catches people like Moyer in the act of mis-quoting or mis-representation. He even defends people from time to time who are doing things that, as a conservative, he doesn't like, as long as they are acting within their rights! So where's the "hate?"

Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
Just curious here...where do you see HATRED in any of Bill O'Reilly's words? He hates ignorance, that's for sure. But he gives more time to his opponents than anyone else on TV, and invites more people who directly disagree with him on his show than anyone else on TV. He quotes accurately an in-context, and catches people like Moyer in the act of mis-quoting or mis-representation. He even defends people from time to time who are doing things that, as a conservative, he doesn't like, as long as they are acting within their rights! So where's the "hate?"
If you read up in the thread I posted an attack O'Reilly did in which a caller simply uttered the name of another talk show host and O'Reilly screamed that Fox had the guy's phone number and that Fox security would soon be knocking on his door. O'Reilly has attacked many of his guests and those guests later outline how their interviews were edited, leaving out many of their most factual points. It's not that he's a 'conservative' per se, it's that he treats his guests like crap whenever they dare question anything he supports. While I don't watch him whenever I can (!), there are bound to be a few positions he and I would agree on. In general, however, the man is not Presidential quality and the mere suggestion sets off my "Extremely Stupid Idea" sensors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections