Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:48 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,781,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Goes to show that even a high IQ doesn't preclude one from exercising extremely poor judgement.
Well maybe horny trumps judgement. I was in the Navy, I think I was an expert on the subject. Does not prove that less education is better by far. Lets see: Ingnored "Bin ladin determined to attack USA PDB", WMDs, Katrina(Brownies doing a great job), Stay the course, Fool me once....., Imagration, George W Idiot is doing fine for himself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 06:51 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
I've always thought that common sense was not related to one's education or their IQ.

Deductive reasoning and/or common sense is something that has not been quantified or qualified, but it certainly plays a large role in how one behaves.

And an after-thought, I don't think that education and IQ are related. Someone can have a very high IQ and never go to school beyond that which is required; and someone with a moderate IQ (above 110) can probably get a PhD and be successful in their chosen career.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:24 AM

362 posts, read 775,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
Calling all REAL Americans. We need to band together to convince Bill O'Reilly to run for President. We need a man of his quality to lead our country. With his commitment to protecting children and calling out poor leadership, such as that in the great state of Vermont, I am confident he can pull our country back together. With his strong morals and clear, unbiased thinking, he can pull both Democrats and Republicans back to the center, where they belong. He will be able to point the Liberals in the right direction, rather than traveling down the dangerous road they currently are.

We need Bill O'Reilly and we need him now. Please, if you care about your country, email Mr. O'Reilly and let him know America needs him now.

My prayers are with all of you and our country. And to all the military around the world, thank you for everything you do. America loves you. Please do not lsiten to what the Liberals are saying about you and your efforts. Thank you.
if he could run for president, he'd do so ....but he's known for running his Mouth, and his argument(I call 'em arguments, they weren't talking points) with Obama don't do him any justice. He's an Old Windbag that needs to quit the media......

Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 AM

493 posts, read 717,631 times
I love Bill, but I'm sorry he does not have the patience nor temperament to be President

Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Bill O'Reilly For President

Quote:
Calling all REAL Americans. We need to band together to convince Bill O'Reilly to run for President. We need a man of his quality to lead our country. With his commitment to protecting children and calling out poor leadership, such as that in the great state of Vermont, I am confident he can pull our country back together. With his strong morals and clear, unbiased thinking, he can pull both Democrats and Republicans back to the center, where they belong. He will be able to point the Liberals in the right direction, rather than traveling down the dangerous road they currently are.

We need Bill O'Reilly and we need him now. Please, if you care about your country, email Mr. O'Reilly and let him know America needs him now.

My prayers are with all of you and our country. And to all the military around the world, thank you for everything you do. America loves you. Please do not lsiten to what the Liberals are saying about you and your efforts. Thank you.

In this time of malaise, America truly needs another cluless chickenhawk!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 AM

472 posts, read 872,530 times
Quote:

NEWS BULLETIN: If you are creating a point by drawing divisive stereotypes (REAL Americans vs un-REAL Americans)... that's not very American of you. How do you divide people into 'Real Americans' and 'others' and then pull them together.

Furthermore... how do you even suggest a crackpot like O'Reilly, who's personal agenda is the generation and protection of his own wealth, would be suited for public office. If anyone in your lifetime has come to question your judgement in making solid, sound decisions, you can point to this thread as evidence of where it all went wrong.

Last edited by ocnymonty; 10-17-2008 at 09:17 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,664 times
Quote:

wow. Bill O'Reilly is a propaganda smear-artist. you want him for president?
Please explain what you mean by "REAL" American? I'm so glad to be surrounded on CD by tolerant, non-judgemental people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections