Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM

852 posts, read 1,358,744 times

Advertisements

News flash: poll fluctuate. If they didn't, there wouldn't be a need to take more than one. I'm sure that its lowest, it will be lower than it is now. I'm also sure that it will once again go higher than it is now. Let's keep this in perspective because he's just six months (or less) into a four year presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 08:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,324,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find it amusing that some posters appear to live each day of their lives just hoping for a drop in Obama's approval ratings. Pathetic, really.
We have the right our opinion just like you do.

Those of us who knew he did not have what it takes to run our country saw it coming.

Now for your lesson. Your EARN your way to the top or the bottom and he has earned his drop. None of us want to see him destroy our country but we are not going to sit here like you are and praise him for making one mistake after another.

The drop in his ratings is what HE HAS EARNED and has nothing to do with us at all.

You voted for him, you will have to deal with it.

Cant you see the double standard left wing people are having right now?
For 8 years we sit back and allowed you all to disgrace a sitting President like never before and spewed far more hate then anyone could ever imagine and when those of us who know Obama better then even you do hammer at him you cannot take it.

All of us would love to see the country change into the direction we all want, but I can tell you he does not have what it takes to do that. You have the right to think so just like I have the right to not believe so.

So far, he has been an utter and total failure which makes ALL of our lives worse and not better.

It is an utter shame that those of us who see him for what he really is cannot voice our opinions based on his performance, or I should say non performance and you sit there and believe that it is not right for us to go after him for his pathetic mistakes and lies.

Look back at what you all did with Bush and you will see that liberals started and went way over board on the hate factor and actually destroyed the office of the President of the United State with your total dis-respect for the office and its esteem power it held.

Most of us sit back and watched Bill Clinton and his miserable mistakes but we sure did not attack him like you all have done to George Bush for 8 years.

So, when you criticize us who dislike Obama, do not forget what you did with Bush for 8 years, none of us could ever touch the hateful ways you all were for 8 years.

What goes around comes around and believe me I know that we will pay for your mistake of allowing this man to run our country. In fact many of you who voted for him are already seeing you made mistakes and the honest ones are saying they did make a mistake.

Do not forget to look back and see what you people were like for 8 years.
You all wished the downfall of our country and used the lives of our brave soldiers as a crutch that was totally shameful. Then you have the nerve to complain.

Most liberals should be ashamed of themselves for how you acted and for the things you said and did for the last 8 years. And you call yourselves Americans. Sad.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,259,008 times
^ I think Obama is doing a fine job, especially in light of the hand he was dealt.

He'll still be doing a fine job at the end of his second term, too.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:40 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,555,671 times
There's also a direct correlation between gas prices going up and presidential popularity going down.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:15 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find it amusing that some posters appear to live each day of their lives just hoping for a drop in Obama's approval ratings. Pathetic, really.
It's more pathetic to be someone who mindlessly worships Obama in light of the fact that his policies are disastrous to the country. I look for dips in Obama's popularity b/c it's a positive sign that people are waking up to his bad policies. It gives hope that we can change direction.

Unemployment has gone up 2% during his first five months in office. It's likely to increase an additional 2%. The $ 787 Billion 'stimulus' has done nothing to help the Economy. Energy prices are rising and this President is opposed to drilling, refining, nuclear and coal; in fact, land is being taken off of production. He supports cap-and-trade. The 2009 deficit was projected to be $570 Billion on Inauguration day; it's now projected to be around $ 2 Trillion b/c of Obama's spending. He wants to nationalize Healthcare, though he won't openly admit. He has large tax increases in the works down the line, though he has already hiked cigarette taxes for SCHIP. He has removed the phrases 'war on terror' and 'enemy combatants.' I think he calls terrorism 'man caused disaster' and uses 'overseas contingency operation' for the war on terror. They have begun to read miranda rights to terrorists in Afghanistan.

What ha Obama done that is good for the country?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 PM

404 posts, read 561,717 times
For the obvious reasons, Obama is clearly the worst president we have ever had! 53%, people are living with their heads in the sand and know more about last weeks American idol than what the village idiot keeps doing. 2012 can not come fast enough.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,775,061 times
Jimmy Carter had a high approval rating as well in the beginning. That did not last did it?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:49 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
What ha Obama done that is good for the country?
He's not ignoring the economic mess he's inherited, he's not pretending it will fix itself, he is actually doing something about it. Unlike our previous President who elected to do nothing. Bush may not have been responsible for deregulation but he did NOTHING to curb the shady practices of the mortgage companies. His administration actually encouraged Fannie Mae to buy those high risk mortgages. SEC blames Bush's administration for their understaffing which they say is the reason they missed the Madoff fiasco. Bush was in office for eight years, he may not have been the designer which led to our economic problems but he was certainly at the helm these past 8 years.

So, you can go ahead with your vetchin' but I'm happy that our POTUS is actually working on the problems he inherited.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:20 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
He's not ignoring the economic mess he's inherited, he's not pretending it will fix itself, he is actually doing something about it. Unlike our previous President who elected to do nothing. Bush may not have been responsible for deregulation but he did NOTHING to curb the shady practices of the mortgage companies. His administration actually encouraged Fannie Mae to buy those high risk mortgages. SEC blames Bush's administration for their understaffing which they say is the reason they missed the Madoff fiasco. Bush was in office for eight years, he may not have been the designer which led to our economic problems but he was certainly at the helm these past 8 years.

So, you can go ahead with your vetchin' but I'm happy that our POTUS is actually working on the problems he inherited.
Obama and his cronies like the phrase 'inherited.'

He is supporting the same policies that drove all the other liberal bastions in America into the ground. Big Government policies didn't work in California, NY and NJ; they won't work nationwide. If you knew anything about the subprime crisis, you'd know that it would not have happened without the Government. It was caused by the Fed, Fannie, Freddie and other Government agencies and policies (i.e. Community Reinvestment Act). Fannie and Freddie had many regulators as they were securitizing these risky loans.

Obama is not working at all. All he does is go around lying from one speech to the next. Government CAN'T fix the Economy. The only way they could fix the Economy would be by shrinking to the point where they could cut spending. There is nothing the Government can do to fix the Economy. They committed trillions of Dollars to the Economy over the past year (or so) and every attempt was a complete failure.

Think of all the failed Government attempts to fix the Economy and the Trillions of Dollars wasted:

The Bush stimulus (rebates), housing bailout, Fannie/Freddie takeover, TARP, Auto Bailout, Obama stimulus, Obama foreclosure relief plan, Geithner bank rescue plan, AIG Bailout, Bear Stearns bailout...

The more Government takes actions, the more it makes the Economy WORSE!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:32 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,920,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Obama and his cronies like the phrase 'inherited.'
The more Government takes actions, the more it makes the Economy WORSE!
So your alternative is to sit back and do nothing. We can have a repeat of last fall. No thanks. I'm tired of the ostrich and smoke screen approaches to our country's problems. You and your ilk go ahead and keep rooting for the failure of our new administration. I'm going to keep cheering for the success of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections