Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
If they would be doing the same policies then he should have overwhelming support in congress on both sides of the aisle.
TuborgP,

That is the problem. What would we expect from the same people doing the same thing year after year? How many times are we going to try to fix SS and do nothing? Don't you see a pattern here? Bureaucrats don't fix anything, they propagate the need for bureaucrats.

If you are a CEO of a company in need of solutions who would you bring in? I have seen this in business too. I was involved in putting together a business recovery plan. The company had been struggling for years to meet the requirements for this plan. The BOD was getting impatient. You know why they never succeeded up till the day they closed the doors? Bureaucracy! They did not want technical people, hardware people, experts. They wanted someone that could talk to the BOD and wow them.

We are the BOD and I am tired of bureaucrats that take my money and try to wow me while offering no real solutions to the problems. We need real experts to push out the bureaucrats, give them a polite severance package and get us back on track. End of story. Too bad Obama turned out to be just another bureaucrats propagating the same old thing once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Academic or expert? Academic or practitioner. What do you consider the peope he is bringing in? Are they academics, experts, practitioners or something else? seasoned and experienced they are but seasoned and experienced how?
Seasoned practitioners, no academics allowed with the exception of an advisory role with no decision making power, maybe. I want someone that knows how to run a project, from both a technical and management aspect. I want someone that that sees success at the end of the road. Some of the most competent people I have worked with were people that knew the task, understood the process and how to implement it and most importantly knew that once the task was complete they were done and gone. These type of people are results orientated, many get bonuses for early delivery and proved results. It is funny too but these people seem to be in high demand wherever, whatever industry they work in. They have a reputation, a track record unlike our bureaucrats in DC do.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,030,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Seasoned practitioners, no academics allowed with the exception of an advisory role with no decision making power, maybe. I want someone that knows how to run a project, from both a technical and management aspect. I want someone that that sees success at the end of the road. Some of the most competent people I have worked with were people that knew the task, understood the process and how to implement it and most importantly knew that once the task was complete they were done and gone. These type of people are results orientated, many get bonuses for early delivery and proved results. It is funny too but these people seem to be in high demand wherever, whatever industry they work in. They have a reputation, a track record unlike our bureaucrats in DC do.
And they get paid how much with a bonus how large?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
There are those who would disagree and say the economic policies of the Clinton administration did work and that the deficit was reduced and real income grew for the middle class and that a return to that is a good thing.
Republican Congress, Democrat President, dotdom boom= PROPERITY

dotcom crash=?

Timing is everything but if there is one thing that I do like it is each party having control of on or the other branches. It tends to bring some sanity to the table and not let much happen. With our government that is a good thing.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 4,110 times
obama is an******* just like the rest --SCREW HIM TOO!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
And they get paid how much with a bonus how large?
In one case it was 20% of their compensation. I was not privy to the actual amount just the percentage of bonus. BTW they were also penalized if they did not finish on time as per their contract.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I thnik it is just politics now days. Bush had the time betwen taking office and when he was elected in the "stole the elction" thing even after the supreme court ruled. It really a matter of you have to expect what goes around to come around. You can't expect to have eight years of attacking with out being atacked in politcs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections