Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After The Election, Should Barack Obama Still Be Forced To Produce A Valid Birth Certificate?
Yes 56 52.34%
No 43 40.19%
Other 6 5.61%
Not Sure 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,487,910 times

Advertisements

Short answer:

Sore losers.

http://www.transnexus.com/Solutions/Service%20Provider/Higher%20Gross%20Margins/frustratedGuy-600px.jpeg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 05:16 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,487,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
O. K. All you so smart people on here that are so sure Obama was born in the USA. Tell me who the doctor, midwife, etc. was that delivered him. Do any of you not know who delivered you. It is listed on most birth certificates I have ever seen. Tell me who delivered Obama, which hospital he was delivered in, etc. and then I will believe he is a natural born citizen. If you will look in most encyclopedia's one of the first things mentioned about a president is where that president was born. It is usually a matter of public record and the only other president I know of that did not know where he was born was Andred Jackson. At his home in Tennessee, The Hermitage, they are still giving out wrong information about that. The person that was there at his birth and delivered him says he was born in North Carolina. He thought he was born in South Carolina because he moved there shortly after his birth and that was the only home he knew. As far as being a natural born citizen, whether he was born in NC or SC was not important. Obama's situation is a little different.

Make fun all you want to, but I expect this problem to follow him until he gives the proof people are asking for. If he has the proof, it would really be to his advantage to produce it. I don't think he is going to always be as popular as he started out and people will turn on him fast.

I think it was Mark Twain who said, "No amount evidence will ever change a belief."

Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,743,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Mine has the signature of the administrator and the attending physician. And the time of birth (8:11 AM).
I looked at my oldest son's birth certificate from Missouri, in 2001, to compare it to Obama's. And again, this is what I received after I followed the state's instructions to get a copy of the birth certificate. (I didn't get to choose what type of birth certificate.) So the document is entitled "Birth Certification." Here's the info it has:

Date filed; State file number;

Child name; Sex; Date of Birth; County of Birth

Mother Maiden name; Mother age; Mother state of birth

Father name; Father age; Father state of birth

At the bottom: "This is a true certification of the name and birth facts recorded in this office."

Date issued.

With this, I've gotten my son into school and gotten him a passport. It never once occurred to me that there would be any question that he was born in the United States based on the information on the certificate, though of course in my case both parents were born in the US.

My Florida birth certificate, which I requested a few years ago to get a passport to replace the one I lost, has even less information. Nothing about the hospital where I was born, attending doctor, etc.

The Massachusetts birth certificate I requested for my second son, on the other hand, is basically a photocopy of the original form filled out at the hospital, with information about place of birth, attendant, etc.

So people's personal stories about how "their" birth certificate has certain information on it isn't particularly illuminating. Every state is different. I figure, if it's good enough for the State Department, it's good enough for any reasonable purpose.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,468,341 times
^^^True. The BC my DH sent for from the state of Nebraska had everything the long forms have on them. (I have seen long forms in the past b/c I have worked in public health.) It even said a "prohylactic" was placed in his eyes! DH thought that was kind of wierd; I had to explain it to him (and he is a PhD physicist)!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:44 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,372,592 times
Quote:
When Barack Hussein Obama places his hand on the Bible today to take the oath of office as 44th president of the United States, Barbara Nelson of Kenmore will undoubtedly think back to the day he was born. It was Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu.
“I may be the only person left who specifically remembers his birth. His parents are gone, his grandmother is gone, the obstetrician who delivered him is gone,†said Nelson, referring to Dr. Rodney T. West, who died in February at the age of 98.
Teacher from Kenmore recalls Obama was a focused student : Don't Miss : The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/554495.html - broken link)

There you have it. The hospital, the doctor, a living witness.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:03 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,269,416 times
Why not just have the press spend as much time and energy on the O as it has on Palin and the Plumber. Maybe get some local government slackers to violate computer use regulations, too.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:39 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,165,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Teacher from Kenmore recalls Obama was a focused student : Don't Miss : The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/554495.html - broken link)

Please don't confuse them with facts and witnesses.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,468,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Why not just have the press spend as much time and energy on the O as it has on Palin and the Plumber. Maybe get some local government slackers to violate computer use regulations, too.
Good grief, the Clintons and all Obama's Dem opponenets plus the Republicans did just that. If they didn't turn up anything, I don't think it's there!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,678,840 times
Keeping this alive is now mandated by the Will's of dying GOP conspiracy theorists...

Old 01-31-2009, 09:27 AM

25,902 posts, read 20,868,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post

Great catch, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections