Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After The Election, Should Barack Obama Still Be Forced To Produce A Valid Birth Certificate?
Yes 56 52.34%
No 43 40.19%
Other 6 5.61%
Not Sure 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Oops! You forgot to tell me who delivered him. That would be information on his birth certificate. That's how I know who delivered me. Everybody in our household has a birth certificate that states the name of the person who delivered them. Our state gave us an official copy. I think most states do.
Guess what? My BC doesn't say that! And it was accepted for a passport! OMG! I may be an illegal alien. I always thought something was funny. . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:57 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,809,042 times
Quote:
Oops! You forgot to tell me who delivered him. That would be information on his birth certificate. That's how I know who delivered me. Everybody in our household has a birth certificate that states the name of the person who delivered them. Our state gave us an official copy. I think most states do.
Not California ('cause it ain't on mine), and apparently not Hawaii.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:04 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,669,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Ok. I'll check.

Thanks! Now I'm convinced!
I said that most encyclopedias gave that information. I didn't say that the encyclopedia was always right. One of the first things I learned when I started dealing with public information is that you cannot always depend on everything you see in print. Sometimes even birth certificates have wrong information on them. The lady that delivered me and my siblings was a little careless with her paperwork and she was also sometimes a really busy midwife. My brother's birthday is listed for the wrong day and there is no birth certificate at all for my sister.

Go look up the statistics for any state in two or three books and you may find two or three answers for the same question when you are dealing with land, square miles, etc. I don't think most encyclopedias would ever list who delivered him, but the real birth certificate probably would.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
I said that most encyclopedias gave that information. I didn't say that the encyclopedia was always right. One of the first things I learned when I started dealing with public information is that you cannot always depend on everything you see in print. Sometimes even birth certificates have wrong information on them. The lady that delivered me and my siblings was a little careless with her paperwork and she was also sometimes a really busy midwife. My brother's birthday is listed for the wrong day and there is no birth certificate at all for my sister.

Go look up the statistics for any state in two or three books and you may find two or three answers for the same question when you are dealing with land, square miles, etc. I don't think most encyclopedias would ever list who delivered him, but the real birth certificate probably would.
Cop out!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,809,042 times
Quote:

No it wouldn't - because it doesn't.

http://cdn.factcheck.org/imagefiles/Ask%20FactCheck%20Images/Obama%20Birth%20Certificate/BO%20Birth%20Certificate.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
8 years ---8 years of lectures on respect for the office, lookatem now.
in your favor i will say this you came out public and let everybody know you are not a former marine captain, for this i thank you. but please can we ease up on the president bashing.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,152,225 times
Quote:
My birth certificate does not mention who delivered me. Each state obviously does it differently. Either that or I was not born! However, when I applied for Social Security a few weeks ago, they said it was a legal birth certificate.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:18 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,099,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
After The Election, Should Barack Obama Still Be Forced To Produce A Valid Birth Certificate?
First step is to get someone who counts to take the idea serious. Right now everyone who counts just laughs it off and stamps rejected on it in court etc. Polls in this forum will really have the desired effect.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 AM

24,517 posts, read 33,367,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
My birth certificate does not mention who delivered me. Each state obviously does it differently. Either that or I was not born! However, when I applied for Social Security a few weeks ago, they said it was a legal birth certificate.
Mine has the signature of the administrator and the attending physician. And the time of birth (8:11 AM).

Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,416,122 times
The myths about Obama's fake birth certificate won't stop because Republicans don't have the kind of ammo to bash Obama with that we had with Bush. Its like they think they are going to get to ridicule him as much as Bush was ridiculed, but they forgot that Obama is a real president, not a walking joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections