Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After The Election, Should Barack Obama Still Be Forced To Produce A Valid Birth Certificate?
Yes 56 52.34%
No 43 40.19%
Other 6 5.61%
Not Sure 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:51 AM

998 posts, read 1,519,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I don't think our country is particularly damaged by a handful of fools. There have been sore losers and crazy rumors after elections throughout American history. It seems "noisier" to us this year because we're hanging out in a forum where the paranoid are holding court. Out in the real world, folks have moved on to new topics--the birth certificate story has been added to the urban myths that people sometimes tell for a laugh.

People can try using Obama's presidency as an excuse for commiting tax evasion, etc. So what? It won't work, just like this current batch of silly lawsuits didn't work, and all that happens is they waste their own time and money
I don't mean it in a severe way, but they are being divisive and more so what I meant was they are wasting time and money of our court system, at a point in time where our country is in deep financial hot water.

It pisses me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,143,613 times
Before I retired I came on CD once in awhile to the Wisconsin forum. That was about it for me. After I retired I discovered the other forums and, with the election approaching, started hanging out a lot on this forum. Because of the time spent on here, the "Obama isn't a citizen" goofiness has become a part of my daily life (almost). So I am always surprised, when going about in my real life, to discover that almost no one has even heard about this conspiracy theory. If I tell them about it they always think I am joking and laugh (to the point of spitting their soda all over the table).

Old 12-07-2008, 07:59 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,866,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama could have stopped this early on just by offering up his college records. I don't know what was on there that was so private that it couldn't be revealed. Maybe his grades really weren't that hot, maybe there was something about his citizenship status used to gain admission.

Why should Obama be held to different standards than those of is predecessors and fellow candidates? None of them are obligated to share their K-12 and college transcripts and applications. If it were a REQUIREMENT of the candidacy to supply these things I'm sure he would have.

And you can claim that his grades were not that hot but consider this-

As a fifth grader he was admitted to a prestigious private school in Hawaii on a scholarship. And that was not an athletic scholarship.

He went on to earn his undergraduate degree from Columbia University, one of the best institutions of higher learning in America.

He then gained acceptance to Harvard Law School. Ivy league and certainly the most prestigious law school, arguably, in the world. He was named President of the Harvard Law Review- which obviously implies that his instructors, administration and fellow students found him to be impressive and one of the best.

He graduated from Harvard Magna *** Laude- with great honor. He was among the top of his class.

I hardly think his grades were anything to be ashamed of. Ever.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:03 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,376,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Before I retired I came on CD once in awhile to the Wisconsin forum. That was about it for me. After I retired I discovered the other forums and, with the election approaching, started hanging out a lot on this forum. Because of the time spent on here, the "Obama isn't a citizen" goofiness has become a part of my daily life (almost). So I am always surprised, when going about in my real life, to discover that almost no one has even heard about this conspiracy theory. If I tell them about it they always think I am joking and laugh (to the point of spitting their soda all over the table).
I tried to rep you but I have to spread it around. My experience similar. Interestingly, I work in an office full of Republicans, some of them quite right-wing. No one has ever brought this up. My DH's office mate is a very conservative Repub. as well, and he did mention it to DH, who laughed it off, then asked me if I had heard about it on CD. I told him what I knew.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,307,237 times
That is a terrific article - thanks for posting it. I love the conclusion:
So don't be too surprised if, sometime after Jan. 20, defendants in federal trials suddenly claim they can't be prosecuted. If Obama isn't really president, then laws he signs have no effect, Department of Justice prosecutors have no authority and judges he appoints aren't legally judges. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just part of the conspiracy.
If it werent the birth cert it would be something else. There are still people who believe the Clintons (usually Hillary) murdered all those people, were running drugs, etc.

There's a thread about Larry Sinclair's "book" coming out - his romance in the limo with Obama, plus special bonus: Obama's murdered gay lover in Chicago. This will become fact among the faithful if it isnt already.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 AM

37,626 posts, read 19,541,247 times
I wonder if he included a chapter about Obama's "Lost Year" when he worked as a streetwalker in Kankakee?

That's my personal favorite Obama story...

Old 12-07-2008, 09:10 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,403,870 times
Tomorrow will be interesting - if the Court accepts the issue

Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,292,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

I finally got to the point where I simply put those people on my Ignore list since I feel that if that's the silly arguments they want to make, then they really don't have anything worthwhile to listen to. If enough folks here did that they would eventually get the message and stop those kinds of silly posts - or realize that nobody is listening to them anymore and simply drift away. To me they really have reduced themselves to nothing more than trolls.

Ken
Good idea. I am going to to the same. It's a waste of time to attempt any type of debate with these silly posters.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,162,059 times
I have not put the people on my ignore list, but I have quit responding to them about this issue.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:56 AM

513 posts, read 649,532 times
Default The Biggest Scam in America ... Yet the Media Won't Report it

San Francisco - Are we living in the age of the Illegal Alien Presidency? Many prominent figures across the country believe so. The question everyone keeps wondering, yet the media refuses to report is, "Why is Obama using 3 law firms to protect a $10 birth certificate?" Some suggest Obama pulled the biggest scam ever in American history by not revealing his birth certificate for all the world to examine. It was reported today that Rahm Emmanuel and other DNC figures such as George Stephonopolus have a war room session every day with talking points to set the media agenda. Could this be why the media won't tell the American people the truth? Have they been sent memos by the new administration to stay away from reporting on this sealed birth certificate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections