Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,411,657 times

Advertisements

Good move by Obama. Fox has long distinguished itself as the ultimate in low class journalism and should be eliminated because of its distortions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 PM

695 posts, read 1,378,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Good move by Obama. Fox has long distinguished itself as the ultimate in low class journalism and should be eliminated because of its distortions.
And I'm guessing that you, like Upton, absolutely cannot back up that claim with any evidence.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
geez...many right wingers are so sensitive these days....
Well, my butt is sensitive right now because we spent the weekend with our sons, who live 400 miles away. Dang, that's a LOT of driving!

Other than that? No, can't say I'm overly sensitive. In fact, I never watch or listen to Fox.

And what's worst is that I really don't come even remotely close to qualifying as a right winger.

Last edited by JeffreySH; 12-01-2008 at 05:45 PM..

Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,207,835 times
To be honest, I welcome this recent course of action by Obama but not for the reasons most would suspect.

When the Bush administration tossed out Helen Thomas, those more liberally inclined gave her a pat on the head and continued on into the White House briefing room. Gutless cowards in my opinion.

Now if the press were an entity that had actual journalist who gave a damn about things like integrity and principles, they may have all stood with Helen and all walked out, but there is this air of entitlement that comes with being invited to the White House briefings that seems supersede all other ideals.

Now that we have a newly arriving administration that has decided that in this case Fox is unworthy to have their questions answered, then again as with Helen, the entire press should simply all walk out in protest over a continuation of partisanship.

I'm not sure what is more disgusting, an administration that refuses to answer questions from a news/entertainment outlet it doesn't like, or the gutless, spineless cowardly press who would rather die on their knees than to not get invited to the White House press briefings. It was wrong for the Bush administration to do it to Helen and it is wrong for the Obama administration to do it to Fox.

What would happen if all the press decided one day to simply not show up at press briefings? Granted it will never happen as there are two groups both fighting for their own self interest and guess what, you aren't it.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,207,835 times
To be honest, I welcome this recent course of action by Obama but not for the reasons most would suspect.

When the Bush administration tossed out Helen Thomas, those more liberally inclined gave her a pat on the head and continued on into the White House briefing room. Gutless cowards in my opinion.

Now if the press were an entity that had actual journalist who gave a damn about things like integrity and principles, they may have all stood with Helen and all walked out, but there is this air of entitlement that comes with being invited to the White House briefings that seems supersede all other ideals.

Now that we have a newly arriving administration that has decided that in this case Fox is unworthy to have their questions answered, then again as with Helen, the entire press should simply all walk out in protest over a continuation of partisanship.

I'm not sure what is more disgusting, an administration that refuses to answer questions from a news/entertainment outlet it doesn't like, or the gutless, spineless cowardly press who would rather die on their knees than to not get invited to the White House press briefings. It was wrong for the Bush administration to do it to Helen and it is wrong for the Obama administration to do it to Fox.

What would happen if all the press decided one day to simply not show up at press briefings? Granted it will never happen as there are two groups both fighting for their own self interest and guess what, you aren't it.

So the reason I welcome this as it showcases how childish, self serving games are still being played right in front of peoples faces with impunity as the Fox isn't going to change, MSNBC isn't going to change and apparently Obama is going to do the unthinkable... act like the Bush administration. puke

Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I think you've pounded the nail square on the head!

Does it NOT bother anybody that we no longer have a news media, and that it has been replaced by a propaganda ministry?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
And every time a person uses the term FAUX, it's a guarantee that there is nothing of worth or intelligence in the post.

Thank you for proving that to be true. Again.
When are you finally going to say something of value is my question to you???640 identical posts.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
When are you finally going to say something of value is my question to you???
You had a question? What, pray tell, was it?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:14 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,479,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I really don't know when the press got so neutered. One of the reasons we moved into the Iraq war is because the press didn't have the cajones to question authority and instead acted like a propaganda machine eating whatever the administration threw at them.

We went from having guys like Edward R Murrow who were willing to take hits from idiots like Gene McCarthy who ran on fear, to a fearful press corps that wouldn't ask for evidence as to why we were doing what we were doing.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
The moment I see somebody use the cutesy term FauxNews, I know it's a given that everything else they say in the post is going to be crap.
That's for sure!
Libs just can't stand the fact that not only is there a non-leftist news station, but that it beats all the other ones in the ratings!

So, all they can do is call it by childish names not realizing how foolish they look when they do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections