Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well?
I honestly think she's qualified to be President 49 17.82%
No, but I think she's qualified to be Vice President 9 3.27%
She's not qualified to be President or Vice President 217 78.91%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:14 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
There is a tread on this, but since the Sarah Palin’s defenders refuse to comment on it I’ll keep bringing it up.

Daily Kos: Palin Pranked

Take a look and get back to us.
They refuse to acknowledge it because they've yet to acknowledge the truth about Plain McSame. They can't take it. The truth hurts bad! It beats the living sh ** out of them! It's awful!

Therefore, they should get out and VOTE OBAMA 08!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 05:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Gee wonder why I suspect that a right wingnut started this poll.

I think she was in over her head as Mayor of Wasilla
At least she found her way out of Wasilla. That's more that can be said for jealous in that booming metropolis called Asheville.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
At least she found her way out of Wasilla.
Let's hope she remembers where it's at as she'll be skulking back there in a couple of days.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I think she's qualified on her own merit.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Let's hope she remembers where it's at as she'll be skulking back there in a couple of days.
Well we know one thing for sure; if she winds up in Russia, she'll be able to see home from there.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
She has more experience than Obama. So yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Palin has more experience than Obama and people are more than willing to move him right into the White House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Please explain how Nobama is more qualified than she is?

That's one question you liberals just can't answer. All you say is oh he speaks better or he's more charming.

She is absolutely qualified to be President, much more than your golden boy.
People need to stop getting into pissing matches about their experience because neither have enough relevant experience to discuss. Yes, her experience is piddly diddly and is laughable. Better to have none than think that if you are mayor of a city pop. 5,000 and gov. of Alaska for a couple years, you are "experienced". Obviously Obama isn't experienced the same way she is because he chose a different path. He is an intellectual. She's not. The Republicans obviously don't want to get into an argument over whose more intelligent, so they just keep trying to keep the focus on her experience.
I will agree that she has more executive experience than Obama, I just don't think that experience has made capable of being President or even Vice President. At the same time, I don't feel that Obama's lack of "executive" experience disqualifies him from being President. It is not all about experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I want my elected officials to be able to string together a coherent sentence, so no I don't find her qualified.
I didn't find W. qualified either.
Sarah Palin is W. in a skirt.
Thank you thank you thank you. Call me shallow, but after 7+ years of listening to Bush talk and thinking "dumb, dumb, dumb" I cannot take it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Daily Kos: Palin Pranked

Just take a look at this and get back to me.
OMG! There are no words. It's not even funny. Calling herself Sarah, calling him Nicholas, the giggling, on and on and on.

The thing that gets me even more than her conversation is the lack of professionalism from her staff. Who was that, one of her kids? Give me a break!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
WHAATTTTTT!!! They weren't even naming real world leaders and she was going right along with it..Repubs were right to not try and defend this..It's as hopeless as Palin..A POTUS shouldn't be on the phone giggling and laughing like a high school girl with a Head of State..Palin is a JOKE!!!!!
Agreed, absolutely unprofessional.

And for whoever said Interpol should investigate, Palin wouldn't even know who they were. And the assistant "I'm sorry, I have to let you go" WTF!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:11 PM

404 posts, read 561,056 times
I do and more qualified than the annointed dope,

Old 11-02-2008, 09:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I think she's qualified on her own merit.
What has she done that is meritorious?

Old 11-02-2008, 10:09 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
There's qualified enough to be president and intelligent enough. She may be qualified, but no way on earth is she intelligent enough. Go back to the tundra.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:48 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times
yikes @ the poll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections