Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
He was at least 50 feet from door of the polling place, but totally obnoxious. In contrast, the Obama folks were quite helpful, explaining the ballot, and very courteous. I know. I was there. And I voted. Guess for who?
So now you admit that you voted Obama based upon uninformed issues and because one guy was obnoxious and the Obama folks were "helpful"?

p.s. "Obama" folks are not allowed IN the polling places, and have to stay outside.. Now your telling me they violated voting rules?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
The casket was placed in front of a fire station polling place in New Bern. Township 7 or something like that. For those that go to Morehead, it was in James City, just over the Trent River bridge from New Bern, proper.

I voted there, after an hour and one half plus wait, last Friday, before the casket was placed there.

However, the guy who put the casket in place, was there the afternoon I voted. I recognized him from the picture. He was a totally obnoxious azz. He kept SCREAMING..."he will take all your money," "he will take all your money." Very annoying. An loud.

He was at least 50 feet from door of the polling place, but totally obnoxious. In contrast, the Obama folks were quite helpful, explaining the ballot, and very courteous. I know. I was there. And I voted. Guess for who?

LLN

Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Oh good God. My Raleigh post got renamed and then got moved to the NC Coast forum and now to the political forum. I said I would not enter this wacko left wing political forum again and now they put me here.

I outta here again.
Probably becasue your post had zero to do about Raleigh. I think it found a nice home here on the Politics forum.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 AM

917 posts, read 2,299,927 times
Quote:
The casket was placed in front of a fire station polling place in New Bern. Township 7 or something like that. For those that go to Morehead, it was in James City, just over the Trent River bridge from New Bern, proper.

I voted there, after an hour and one half plus wait, last Friday, before the casket was placed there.

However, the guy who put the casket in place, was there the afternoon I voted. I recognized him from the picture. He was a totally obnoxious azz. He kept SCREAMING..."he will take all your money," "he will take all your money." Very annoying. An loud.

LLN
Hey, you live near me!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,736,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now you admit that you voted Obama based upon uninformed issues and because one guy was obnoxious and the Obama folks were "helpful"?

p.s. "Obama" folks are not allowed IN the polling places, and have to stay outside.. Now your telling me they violated voting rules?

I wondered what ID10T would take that bait.

No, I voted for OBAMA because the Republican party has been captured by a cadre of rich, corrupt folks who are intent on transferring all the wealth in the nation to an elite few. Check some facts, pal, and unless you are in the top 1% of the wealthy in this country, you are just a stooge, a dupe, or a pawn of the ultra-rich. You do their bidding and do not even know it. Check out some stats on wealth, mid 1920's, and and 2008. See when it started changing.

Oh yeah, there is this little trumped up war, too.

If you really believe McCain is a good guy, check out, if you can find it, the Navy video on the USS Forrestal fire. As may know, the fire started when a Zuni missile mis-fired and incredibly, impacted the plane McCain was in, preparing to launch. If you look close, you will see a naval avaiator running from the fire as the damage control teams run toward the fire. Most of those guys, if you keep watching, will die shortly thereafter as some bombs cook off. What do you think happened to the naval aviator running away from the danger?

OK, big man, you decide. If anyone would be so ignorant as to think one would vote based on some loudmouth at the polling place, well I just don't know......

jcinnb

Old 11-02-2008, 02:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Just to clarify, this is a thread about the local reaction to artwork. This is in no way meant to be a political debate. This is strictly about the artwork itself and the local over reaction to it.
Then what is it doing on the Politics forum?

Old 11-02-2008, 02:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Then what is it doing on the Politics forum?

OK, I see, it was moved. But if it's really about art, it doesn't belong here, either.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
He barely knows Wright as a mentor. He only happen to know of him when he would accidentally wake up during his screaming sermons. He most certainly didn't know as Wright espouses he hate for white America secretly behind closed door Wright was cheating on his wife with a white woman or white devil as he would call them.....those nasty evil white people.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:41 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,525,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You do understand that if Joe did not pay his taxes, he would have $0 OWED dont you? People who dont pay taxes dont OWE. Only people who owe taxes filed tax returns showing that they made a profit and owe taxes...

Just because he failed to pay, does not mean he "doesnt pay".. only tax cheats dont pay..
Does he or doesn't he have a lien against his house for back taxes?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:49 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Joe doesn't have to worry about death by taxes since he doesn't pay his.

Ha ha ha great point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections