Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,940,237 times

Advertisements

Obama just went to Wright's services to show that he is a Christain. In the united Stupidity of America you have to be a Christian to be allowed to run for any office.

I favor McCain's religious stance over Obama's.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,507,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Does anyone care about what Rev. Wright said? Remember the pastor that Obama worshiped until it was not PC to do so?
No of course not. Remember these are liberals. They learned all they needed to know in kindergarten.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:15 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,507,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Watch :39-:50 of the clip. The N word is said, Palin clears her voice, and directs the quoted line at a particular part of the audience as opposed to just reading from her notes as she does before and after. Additionally her voice changes as she says it. watch the whole clip and don't stop at :41 like you probably did the first time.
You folks can't be serious..... I'm sure there are soap opera's on if you are that bored.....

Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,407,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
How is that pointing it out? Pointing it out is stopping and saying "we will not tolerate that". Pointing it out is asking for that person to be removed. That part of her speech was already prepared so to say she is directing it towards that part of the crowd in reaction to the comment in lunacy.

Chastising voice (I think that's what you meant by "chasining")? There was little change in her voice and again, raising your voice to say what you were already going to say is not pointing out the ignorance of someone screaming it out. Don't make excuses for her. She does not care what is said as long as it isn't coming from her mouth.
Yeah I ment chasining spelling is not my strong point. I disagree though I do believe she tried to point it out. Granted she was incompetant at it, like most stuff she has done, but I do believe she did try.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,296,053 times
These kinds of posts are the exact reason that McCain HAS to win. You people are SO intent on making this a race thing when it is not. The silly posts here attacking McCain and Palin make me sick. Look at yourselves. If you guys are a reflection of Obama, then no way in hell I want him elected. We don't need this in America.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,663,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
There is nothing she really could have done and yet, I gained a bit of respect back for McCain when he corrected that old woman at his rally who said Obama was an Arab or Muslim or however exactly that she put it.

Even though you may not be able to do anything, sometimes it is enough just to say something. It is at least a start.
McCain was reponding to a woman who was speaking directly to him. I don't think Palin needed to comment, address or acknowledge a woman who randomly shouted something out in a crowd. That kind of racist remark doesn't dignify an answer.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,811,537 times
Why should Palin say anything...the way the Obama campaign treated Palin....Obama should have said something when people from his crowd are yelling stuff...but he is good at keeping that quiet!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 AM

877 posts, read 2,770,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No of course not. Remember these are liberals. They learned all they needed to know in kindergarten.
It has nothing to do with being liberal. Rev. Wright is not running for national office and he has no effect on anyone's life unless they decide to let him have an effect on it. In the same respect, whoever this woman is in the rally has no effect on my life but it would have been nice, since Sarah Palin would be representing the United States of America, which is a diverse society, to stop and let the crowd know that that type of language will not be tolerated by her since the only purpose of it is to divide the country. She didn't so there really is nothing to say. Maybe she agrees with the woman, maybe she doesn't but when you are at a public rally that is being filmed for the world to see, sometimes you need to take a stand.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:26 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,203,273 times
Palin's on record as referring to Native Alaskans as "f**king Eskimo's" and "Arctic Arabs". Why would she chastise one of her followers for using a racist epithet?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:27 AM

281 posts, read 381,393 times
What stuff are you referring to? The fool in the crowd yelled a racist slur and you asked why should Palin say anything?? My goodness, this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why should Palin say anything...the way the Obama campaign treated Palin....Obama should have said something when people from his crowd are yelling stuff...but he is good at keeping that quiet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections