Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,949,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I didn't hear it.

But even if true, I would suspect that Obama supporters are infiltrating Palin rallies, screaming out-of-line comments in order for the media to continue this drumbeat of violent racists at their rallies. I wouldn't put anything past the bots.

You seem to be very very paranoid. No, Obama doesn't have a conspiracy of people going out to Palin rallies and acting like it is a rodeo with racist hicks. That is her own doing.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM

13,392 posts, read 45,125,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the poisonous dart must have made that poster delusional. in case they didn't know, after the election, life as usual goes on. racism doesn't end, and neither does the internet. if you go looking for comments like that, you will find them.
No--really?!
Obviously after Nov 4 Digg and YouTube will continue to have all the bad behavior clips anyone would ever want.
The thing is, after the election, I don't think we'll see Palin exhorting the faithful to eschew Obama and vote for McCain.
One less opportunity to shout the N word.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,924,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I thought that was the most dignified moment of McCain's campaign. It's a shame it hasn't gotten more attention.
You mean where the woman says that Obama is Arab, and McCain says "No, maam. He's a decent family man." That dignified comment?

69,368 posts, read 64,301,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I notice Palin drops her head afterward and sounds a bit rattled.
Which means in body language that it disturbed her. But I guess body motions dont go well with "sound bites"..

4,814 posts, read 3,860,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
Exactly! I don't agree with McCain's ideals, but I don't think he would tolerate racial remarks at his rallies. Sarah stopped her speech to scream at a protestor during another rally, but yet she could not be bothered to do anything in this case?

I am seriously hope after November 4, this woman goes back to Alaska where the lower 48 do not have to hear about her ever again.
That's like saying you ditch a family in the community because one of their wayward kids was busted for drug peddling.

So, a fringe person can't control their emotions. What does that have to do with Palin or McCain?

3,491 posts, read 8,600,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think it's gotten plenty of attention. Unfortunately, the republicans don't like to play it because he goes on to say that *gasp*, Barack Obama is a good family man and nobody needs to be afraid of him.
Yea. McCain seemed to suggest that an Arab man isnt a good family man.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,890,144 times
who is afraid of him? he's just another politician. people aren't afraid, they are annoyed. annoyed at the federal government in general. annoyed when we hear things like we should stop spending $10 billion a month in iraq and spend that money here. how about, stop spending so much money. novel idea huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think it's gotten plenty of attention. Unfortunately, the republicans don't like to play it because he goes on to say that *gasp*, Barack Obama is a good family man and nobody needs to be afraid of him.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,301,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
You seem to be very very paranoid. No, Obama doesn't have a conspiracy of people going out to Palin rallies and acting like it is a rodeo with racist hicks.
You seem to lack reading comprehension, because Sanrene never said Obama did, she said Obama supporters, who have been caught in the act..

Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,890,144 times
one less opportunity, but the video will still be there collecting views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
No--really?!
Obviously after Nov 4 Digg and YouTube will continue to have all the bad behavior clips anyone would ever want.
The thing is, after the election, I don't think we'll see Palin exhorting the faithful to eschew Obama and vote for McCain.
One less opportunity to shout the N word.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,924,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Which means in body language that it disturbed her. But I guess body motions dont go well with "sound bites"..
I watched it again and she stumbles the next line out. I have a feeling she heard it. In fact, she takes a big "gulp" and then restarts her next bullet point. As an occasional public speaker myself, you can hear everything coming out of the audience. You almost have to mentally block a lot of it or it can be distracting. But it would be hard not to hear that statement.

To be honest, if it were me, I don't know what I would have done. It's one thing if someone says in an intimate setting something about "ni**ers", but quite another in a highly charged political rally. But I'm not fit to be V.P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections