Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 04:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It wan't just the first slip....he said before "I'm a muslim!", now he is going to spread the wealth of other people...who the hell is Obama he isn't the Messiah...!

He is just the drug user who wants to become the next president, who hides who he really is and was.
Are you 10 years old or just uninformed? He never said he was a Muslim. Watch the entire interview. It was as if someone asked me if I was on drugs and I said "regarding my drug abuse" and that is what was taken from the interview. I don't use drugs. You can't have it both ways. Did he attend Trinity Baptist Church for 20 years or is he a Muslim. I know a few Muslims (who are very good Americans) and they certainly don't attend services at a Christian church every week!

You also said Biden only got 9000 votes in his entire life. So how did this man become Senator? That's an old rumor spread on the internet. Just in one election he got 135,253 votes, but he's been re-elected many times.

[URL="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/03/bidens_vote_total_higher_than.html"]Biden's Vote Total? Higher Than Palin's | The Trail | washingtonpost.com[/URL]

Sometimes I wonder why I even respond to posts like these, but maybe I'm just frustrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
JerZ, tell us about yourself and why you are such a Obama supporter.

I own a small business in a state that has lost many jobs to China.
I understand what it takes to make a payroll every week.
I worked full-time from the age of just under 18 on, was a young single parent, supported myself and my son in an apartment with no help from anyone (certainly not from the government), and worked 40 hour weeks from that point until the age of 38 including through two pregnancies (I remarried six years ago and we since had two children). I am a woman who knows what it is to work to eat every week.

My middle child has special needs and I now work from home as an independent contractor.

I am also a woman who knows that there are people who struggle ten times as much as I ever did and I am glad to help take care of them. I didn't take any government assistance (or any other type of assistance) because I always knew I was strong enough, bright enough and motivated enough to just keep on working. In fact, I look forward to go back to working outside the home full-time when my now-preschooler is in kindergarten. I like to work, I like to contribute. I have never minded paying taxes.

I certainly live well within my means. I've never been a big spender. My husband and I joke because he has more pairs of shoes than I do (I have three pairs and he has four). My and my husband's combined income is higher than the national average, but probably average for our area (southern California).

ETA: I see you edited your post to add questions about credit cards...my husband and I have two. We do not use them. Ever. They're there for an emergency and by that I mean a real emergency. In six years neither of us has touched either card. However, one has a very old balance from right after my husband was out of college.

I'm an Obama supporter for all the reasons that, if I were to list them here, they'd be immediately jumped all over, poked fun at, twisted, etc., etc. NOT saying we libs don't do that too. Just saying...you already know all the reasons.

Hope that helps and since this thread isn't about me or you...if you want to know more you can PM me.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:15 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Remember Josephine the Plumber from the 1960's TV commercials? Wonder how she would feel about McCain sarcastically denouncing the importance of women's "health?" Obama is correct: The constitution guarantees privacy rights for women to make MEDICAL decisions, with the input of their health care provider, their faith and their family.
Yes, and in general its rather offensive when McCain talks about womens rights. Hillary Dems and others know his stand on women, for certain, and it isnt good.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:15 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,932,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
He never said he was a Muslim. Watch the entire interview.
Yeah, he did actually. Try watching it again.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,662,916 times
Quote:
I own a small business in a state that has lost many jobs to China.
I understand what it takes to make a payroll every week.
So am I. My DH busts his butt everyday as a carpenter and "Joe the Plumber" is a fraud and that ticks me off. He has no schooling or license and is out in people's homes doing whatever. While other guys pay to go to school, get an apprenticeship and a license to make an honest living, this guy is running around in people's homes and businesses doing who knows what kind of work.

In our area just about any "Joe" with a tool belt and a truck can work on people's homes and screw things up. Then REAL carpenters have to show up to fix their mess ups. I have ZERO respect for this guy or anyone else that supports how he has skirted a system that has been put in place for a reason. TO PROTECT CONSUMERS!

And what about Joe's boss who will now be scrutinized by the state because some Yahoo wanted his 15 minutes?

Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
Get your fact's straight. License are not required in every state or trade to practice. A license does not mean they know what they are doing. It means they could pass a test.

Demonized without even a personal meeting. This coming from the party of compassion.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Remember Josephine the Plumber from the 1960's TV commercials? Wonder how she would feel about McCain sarcastically denouncing the importance of women's "health?" Obama is correct: The constitution guarantees privacy rights for women to make MEDICAL decisions, with the input of their health care provider, their faith and their family.
Since when did murder become an individual "health decision"?

Old 10-16-2008, 04:22 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,932,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I am also a woman who knows that there are people who struggle ten times as much as I ever did and I am glad to help take care of them.
Then that is what you should be doing. But you shouldn't be waiting for Obama to win an election and decide how much you should help or where the money should go. If you really want to help people, you can help people right now. It's a personal decision and you don't need someone else to make it for you.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
So am I. My DH busts his butt everyday as a carpenter and "Joe the Plumber" is a fraud and that ticks me off. He has no schooling or license and is out in people's homes doing whatever. While other guys pay to go to school, get an apprenticeship and a license to make an honest living, this guy is running around in people's homes and businesses doing who knows what kind of work.

In our area just about any "Joe" with a tool belt and a truck can work on people's homes and screw things up. Then REAL carpenters have to show up to fix their mess ups. I have ZERO respect for this guy or anyone else that supports how he has skirted a system that has been put in place for a reason. TO PROTECT CONSUMERS!

And what about Joe's boss who will now be scrutinized by the state because some Yahoo wanted his 15 minutes?
Well, I am sure the feeling with Joe is mutual. I am sure he has no respect for you and your huffy arrogance toward someone trying to make a living and employ others in the long run. There will be no consumers when there are no employers.

But arrogance is your peculiar specialty, along with Barack.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:24 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Palin WAS NOT found guilty.
She was found to have abused her power.
Alaska ethics probe finds Palin abused her power
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections