Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
By latching onto the artificial device of "joesixpak," or some plumber named Joe, it shows the GOP has NO knowledge or understanding whatsoever of the average citizen. These mythical "american working man" creations are insipid cartoons and show the GOP's contempt for we the people.

Obama does not try to characterize us with these insipid devices. Having worked at street level to make better the lives of his fellow citizens, he has profound insights into the common needs and aspirations of us all.

LANDSLIDE OBAMA
Then why did Joe Biden feel the need to get on national TV and attack an American citizen? That is unheard of. Since when does a political figure go after a citizen asking questions and voicing their opinion about how a tax plan will affect their business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
A great interview with Joe the plumber today on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC and what he thinks of Obama.
Does NOT like Obama's plan and will not vote for Obama, but will vote for Mccain.
I think this will really help Mccain because Joe explained so well what damage Obama, if given the chance, will ruin small business.
I hope Mccain uses him in an ad.
Let's see how Obama slashes him, and he will.

I hope he saved a copy of the debate, it will be funny to look at this about a decade or so from now. Bet he never thought he would be the topic of debate #3.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
What are you talking about?

The hard workers I know don't relate at all to McCain. It's not that he isn't a hard worker, it's just that Obama's tax, healthcare, education, and energy policies are so superior to McCain's that you pretty much have to ignore all the facts and fall for all the Karl Rove-ian tactics being employed by today's right-wing to believe otherwise.

If you're a wealthy business owner and truly believe that Obama's plan is going to increase your taxes and that is the reason why you won't support him you need to a) really read up on his plan before casting such judgement on it and b) realize there's much greater issues at stake, being a single-issue voter this election is just a huge mistake.

McCain's plan to get the country out of its economic crisis is based upon the policies and strategists that Bush has followed. McCain has little knowledge of economics (self acknowledged) and truly is out of his league in this space; he's simply representing the Republican party line on the topic. The party line which got us into this mess. Regarding healthcare, McCain's plan has already been analyzed to death by experts in the field, and indeed it won't work. Read up on it if you don't feel you understand it. The reality is that it could lead to the unraveling of the healthcare industry... Obama with advisors such as Clinton by his side actually have a decent plan to change the industry (which they've given thought to for over a decade). Perhaps you don't need health insurance because you're wealthy... well consider that your employees are not and indeed need it. Have a heart, healthcare reform is needed by those of us who actually use it.

Given the choice between just McCain and Obama the choice is blatently obvious. Most people do not identify with McCain or his plant, Joe the Plumber (if they did the polls would reflect that fact right?). Joe the Plumber's story has many holes in it. For instance how can he afford to buy a business which nets 250k per year?, if he's never worked for himself what is his real understanding of Obama's plans on small businesses?, why should anyone care about his political stance, what credibility or background does he have which lends national credibility to him?
The Tax Foundation - Candidates 2008 (http://www.taxfoundation.org/candidates08/ - broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:28 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,932,690 times
well, you are going to have to wait 8 years. Thank god Trickle down economics is about to End!

whaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You republicans need to get stop crying.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I think he really struck a chord with Americans. More people can relate to him and his work ethic than they can to Obama, that's for sure.
Please post proof/evidence of "more people".

Is this plumber running for office?

Met several heavy equipment operators this summer...they are 100% for Obama.

I'll bet my HEO's against the plumber anyday.

I can relate to them, the plumber AND Obama...maybe people need to broaden their circle of aquaintances??????

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Default Why So Many Separate 'Joe the Plumber' Threads?

I think this is some kind of record

Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
By latching onto the artificial device of "joesixpak," or some plumber named Joe, it shows the GOP has NO knowledge or understanding whatsoever of the average citizen. These mythical "american working man" creations are insipid cartoons and show the GOP's contempt for we the people.

Obama does not try to characterize us with these insipid devices. Having worked at street level to make better the lives of his fellow citizens, he has profound insights into the common needs and aspirations of us all.

LANDSLIDE OBAMA
Yup he just sat you down nicely in your place.

All in together now "Down with the entrepreneur"!...Down with the entrepreneur"!...."Down with the entrepreneur"!...Down with the entrepreneur"!...."Down with the entrepreneur"!...Down with the entrepreneur"!....

Old 10-16-2008, 09:31 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Yeah, now it'll be trickle up poverty.

It is uncalled for a politician to go on national TV and call out an American citizen for expressing their thoughts. Another politician is fair game, but a private citizen who has a right to express his views? 1878 is right. The Obama campaign has reached a new low.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What is interesting is that people are more than willing to spend someone else's money!
Oh I want this...........this.........and this.............. if you pay for it!
That's a dumbed down version of reality. Considering that the very wealthy "employ" most everyone else in this country and the income divide has become much wider over the past few years... it's more rational to state that most US citizens are operating on and spending money which was in someone else hands already. Money which the wealthy have increasingly kept to themselves as most middle income people in corporate America can attest to via their stagnating salaries the past 8 years.

This whole attitude that wealthy or non-wealthy but ardent Republicans have regarding taxing the rich is just insane. Obama's proposal includes bringing the tax on the wealthy back to the levels of when Bill Clinton was in office. I do remember small businesses were kicking butt back then. I do remember how my own small business investment funds were growing at unprecedented rates through at least 2003. Obama's tax policies aren't going to hurt small businesses... nor are they a bad thing which somehow is going to have all of the wealthy and all of the small business owners suddenly kicked to the curb.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
"Joe The Plumber" has weighed in on Wednesday's presidential debate and he says that Barack Obama's tax plan "infuriates me."

"To be honest with you, that infuriates me," plumber Joe Wurzelbacher told Nightline's Terry Moran. "It's not right for someone to decide you made too much---that you've done too good and now we're going to take some of it back."

"That's just completely wrong," he added.

Political Radar: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

Let's hear it, Joe!!!!
Joe is an idiot. No doubt he was cheering on Bush as we marched into the multi-trillion dollar war in Iraq. How do we pay for that Joe (or John, or Sarah)?

We're in the middle of two wars and on the verge of the worst economic trough since the great depression (thanks to the GOP) - and Joe the Plummer should be our guiding light? GMAFB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections