Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
No you try again. It is part of the Tribune Interactive group that also publishes newspapers across the country such as the Chicago Tribune, the LA Times, NY Newsday, Baltimore Sun, Hartford Courant, etc. etc.

It is a legitimate news source. I think its silly to dismiss a publication without doing a quick background check on who runs it, just because one does not agree with what it has to say..
He owes $1200. SO WHAT? If he is like a lot of small businesses, when he did his taxes he still owed additional taxes on top of what he already paid in when everything was said and done and he owed some extra. He probably has a payment plan set up with the IRS to cover that. When you work for someone else half of your SS tax is withheld from your check and your employer pays the other half. When you work for yourself, you pay the whole amount yourself but none of it is withheld - so it gets tricky paying estimated taxes because of your income varies from year to year you usually end up underpaying or overpaying taxes depending on whether you made more or less the year before.

I have a small business and when I first was in business, before I knew how much I was going to need to withhold, I owed $11,000 two years in a row. I set up a payment plan with the IRS and paid off the taxes, no problem. Now it is never that dramatic a difference, but usually I will owe some or get some back. Sometimes I write a check and send in April 15th for the full amount I still owe and sometimes I have had to set up a payment arrangement to take care of it. No big deal. The IRS sets up payment arrangements all the time.

I think it's silly for you to make a big deal of him owing $1200. That's probably from taxes from 2007 that he is paying on. But you don't care about getting anything accurate, just about bashing anyone not voting for your Messiah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
This is sad. Joe was just an avg. guy talking and trying to understand from a candidate for the highest office in the land, his policies, and ends up unwittingly tossed into the Political Ring of Fire by the other candidate. I don't see much that's fair about the situation and I certainly hope under Senator Obama's Administration, somehow his business will flourish and he'll forget the onslaught of grief this mess may have caused and dropped on his doorstep. Good luck, Joe.
Tsunami08

Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Well, I am a stay at home mom....But my husband is a physician so we will...and no complaints here.

I really doubt he or anyone would pay 5000.00 for a loan repayment. Now that is just unrealistic.

Realistic perhaps for a stay-at-home mom married to a physician.

(Let me know where you donated the 3% though)

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
The assumption here is that somebody would want to open or start a business if they are going to be making close to the same as if they just worked for someone else. There is also an assumption that in Kansas $250,000 is the same as in New York.

1,286 posts, read 2,918,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
and he is not a real plumber..at least not LICENSED to practice plumbing. The guy is junk

lol most states don't require individual licensing. just 1 license covers a whole business. try again.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
A lien was filed. That ain't a payment plan.
Link? I kind of find it hard to believe that the IRS filed a lien over $1200. $1200 is not that much money.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:30 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,639,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Link? I kind of find it hard to believe that the IRS filed a lien over $1200. $1200 is not that much money.
This is the link to the public records..although the site appears to be overloaded
ttp://apps.co.lucas.oh.us/onlinedockets/Docket.aspx?STYPE=1&PAR=LN200701803-000&STARTDATE=01/01/1900&ENDDATE=01/01/2100&PARTY=0

1,969 posts, read 6,395,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Read the original bloomberg story, that's where I got that information.
He owes the state back income taxes.
He isn't a business owner, just a lowly employee. The back taxes have nothing to do with business.

LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
On the interview he did outside his home this morning, they started to ask Joe about some political group to which he belonged....something called "The Natural Man" or "The Natural Leader" or something like that....I'll try to find the video to check. Anyhow, when they brought it up he said; "C'mon, guys. You know you aren't suppose to..." The interviewer then said: "Well, you didn't realize what it was or what they stood for?" Joe started to turn away and the interviewer then changed the topic really quickly and so Joe stayed for the rest of the interview. He also said in that interview that he did not find out that he had been born in Ohio until he was 18 when his folks moved back there. He said that he had been raised in the South and was always proud of being Southern and felt really bad when he found out that he had actually been born in Ohio. Got to find that video. Very interesting.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
This is the underlining mistake when people make accusations and assumptions about "Joe". Some assume Joe is smart enough to have saved money and also has the drive the buy a business and employee others. The other side feels Joe is not smart enough to figure out if it's worth it or not. I'll let you guys decide what label goes on who.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections