Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,200,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
He has provided it and it has been examined and verified as being an official and valid document.
He provided nothing. His campaign provide a document which was verified by an organization with a very clear agenda, and therefore not trust-worthy.

The fact that a document was provided does not preclude the possibility he was born elsewhere and his birth was registered under fraudulent circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
The birth announcement from the 1961 Honolulu newspaper has been posted too.
Um, yeah, Arial Font in a newspaper in 1961?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 08:22 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,731,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
He provided nothing. His campaign provide a document which was verified by an organization with a very clear agenda, and therefore not trust-worthy.

The fact that a document was provided does not preclude the possibility he was born elsewhere and his birth was registered under fraudulent circumstances.
It is certainly not Obama's responsibility to prove he was not born elsewhere. I believe that's what Berg has to prove, and from what I've seen of his filings, he doesn't have anything to go on.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Um, yeah, Arial Font in a newspaper in 1961?
Obama provided it to the U S State Department when he applied for his passport many years ago. That's not "an organization with a very clear agenda".

Obama can offer the birth certificate up over and over and over and over, ad nauseum, and it's not going to do a thing to convince people who want to believe that his mother was in Kenya and flew back with a newborn on an urgent mission to assure her son American citizenship. Because for Ann Obama, that American citizenship was worth flying halfway across the world in the 1960's with a screaming infant for how many hours? And then she what, bribed people to say her child was born in Hawaii? I mean come on, conspiracy believers, why in the world would an 18-year old college student go to these lengths?

As for Berg, he's ROFLHAO---because people are sending him major cash to keep his team working round the clock on this all-important issue.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Thing is we have people like Arnold who would love to run for POTUS and cannot because he was not born here. Barack Hussein Obama gets a free ride..not born here? PASS on through. Arnold..not born here. STOP, you're roadblocked for life.
Soon-to-be President-elect Obama was born to an American citizen, pal, regardless of WHERE he was born. So this is nothing like Schwarzenegger's situation.

So go on, bring on the fruitcake lawsuits and the ACORN and Ayers allegations and all of those attacks while the economy goes down the toilet. McCain's unfavorable rating still hasn't completely bottomed out yet.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 AM

808 posts, read 1,150,404 times
Hawaii Newspaper talks about this idiotic claim that Obama isn't a natural born citizen...

McCain, Obama meet 'natural-born' test despite rumors | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,924,371 times
I work for the top forensic document examiner in the country. I do contract work for them. For the record, I am not an examiner myself and do not represent the company directly in any way.

The founder of the company, whom has 31 years of experience in this field and I were discussing this topic about Obama's birth certificate. This person is an Obama supporter and plans to vote for him. HOWEVER, he said due to the lawsuits and doubt circulating around the web about the authenticity of his birth certificate, that he should have absolutely had the original document, that he claims to be in possession of, examined to put this issue to rest. In the examiner's words, he feels the reason he has not, is because he has yet to be pressured by this story hitting mainstream media. OR, he might really have something to hide. He has refused on at least two occasions to have to document examined by a forensic document examiner, who would, without doubt be able to verify if the document is authentic or not.

I showed him the image here and on factcheck.org and he laughed and said that proves absolutely nothing and in fact, adds more room for speculation if anything.

Is Obama hiding anything about where he was actually physically born? I have no idea, but I find it quite interesting, that given the doubts and lawsuits, why he does not just burry this issue and turn his birth records over to an examiner to put an end to this.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,731,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I work for the top forensic document examiner in the country. I do contract work for them. For the record, I am not an examiner myself and do not represent the company directly in any way.

The founder of the company, whom has 31 years of experience in this field and I were discussing this topic about Obama's birth certificate. This person is an Obama supporter and plans to vote for him. HOWEVER, he said due to the lawsuits and doubt circulating around the web about the authenticity of his birth certificate, that he should have absolutely had the original document, that he claims to be in possession of, examined to put this issue to rest. In the examiner's words, he feels the reason he has not, is because he has yet to be pressured by this story hitting mainstream media. OR, he might really have something to hide. He has refused on at least two occasions to have to document examined by a forensic document examiner, who would, without doubt be able to verify if the document is authentic or not.

I showed him the image here and on factcheck.org and he laughed and said that proves absolutely nothing and in fact, adds more room for speculation if anything.

Is Obama hiding anything about where he was actually physically born? I have no idea, but I find it quite interesting, that given the doubts and lawsuits, why he does not just burry this issue and turn his birth records over to an examiner to put an end to this.
He could provide the copy, have it authenticated, and there would still be those who deny its authenticity. He could request another copy from the State of Hawaii, have it mailed directly from the Hawaiin government to the court, or examiner, or whoever, and people would still claim a conspiracy.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 AM

808 posts, read 1,150,404 times
You can't get a passport without a valid birth certificate.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:10 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,924,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
He could provide the copy, have it authenticated, and there would still be those who deny its authenticity. He could request another copy from the State of Hawaii, have it mailed directly from the Hawaiin government to the court, or examiner, or whoever, and people would still claim a conspiracy.
You are probably correct, BUT, again, HE HAS YET TO DO EVEN THIS! That is where the problem is! I agree, some people would still doubt it. He claims to have the ORIGINAL in his posession. So, take it to an examiner and drop it off. Simple! He has yet to do that. My guess, is that if at some point he is forced, via a lawsuit or other method to present the document, that it will mysteriously be "lost."

Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
It is certainly not Obama's responsibility to prove he was not born elsewhere. I believe that's what Berg has to prove, and from what I've seen of his filings, he doesn't have anything to go on.
Yes, he does. [mod]snip[/mod]

Last edited by Kristynwy; 11-10-2008 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: edited out personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections