Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

Johnny Mac may use the slogan but when it came down to the real test this week as to who put country first, it is clearly Obama. While McCain is out there huffing and puffing trying to make political points on the finance mess that his party got us into for the most part (after all who has been running the show for the last 8 years?), Obama has set partisanship aside and is today working with members of both parties to finalize a solution. Obama has said this is a time to put country first and set aside partisan politics. Too bad Johnny Mac doesn't want to do likewise.
It would have been FAR more politically better for Obama to say to the Republicans "you made this mess, you lie in it" and just refused to do anything. That is what I would have done. Let the house of cards fall and make the GOP pay for it on Election day.
I guess Obama cares more about the country than many people have given him credit for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 02:47 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Johnny Mac may use the slogan but when it came down to the real test this week as to who put country first, it is clearly Obama. While McCain is out there huffing and puffing trying to make political points on the finance mess that his party got us into for the most part (after all who has been running the show for the last 8 years?), Obama has set partisanship aside and is today working with members of both parties to finalize a solution. Obama has said this is a time to put country first and set aside partisan politics. Too bad Johnny Mac doesn't want to do likewise.
It would have been FAR more politically better for Obama to say to the Republicans "you made this mess, you lie in it" and just refused to do anything. That is what I would have done. Let the house of cards fall and make the GOP pay for it on Election day.
I guess Obama cares more about the country than many people have given him credit for.
You're absolutely right! Obama did the *honorable* thing - which maybe didn't win him political points but I think that's where his heart is; 'COUNTRY FIRST'. Since McCain stole his change slogan, maybe Obama can now claim the 'Country First' mantle..

Old 09-20-2008, 02:50 PM

183 posts, read 255,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
And the fact that Obama picked a VP who could lead the country immediately if need be also speaks volumes as to which candidate puts the country first instead of the inept idiot McSenile chose.....

Old 09-20-2008, 04:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,431,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
And the fact that Obama picked a VP who could lead the country immediately if need be also speaks volumes as to which candidate puts the country first instead of the inept idiot McSenile chose.....
Yes it does.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 PM

645 posts, read 909,955 times
You got this Thread right. This is a crisis, that can't be solved with a few talking points. The fact that he picked a VP he didn't know is disgusting, to me thats not a Maverick, but a Jackass. Pandering to the religious right, who are sheep. They march to the abortion drum, and that is all they care about.
Obama clearly has plenty of gray matter to solve these complex problems. It is rumored that if elected McCain will make Phil Gramm the Sec. of the Treasury. We are doomed if this happens.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,885,783 times
Looks like the gate keeper let all of the loonies out for the weekend.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:42 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,533 times
Maybe if you live in Kenya he is.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:43 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,847 times
Looks like the nutjobs are out too.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Maybe if you live in Kenya he is.
Hmmm, seems to me Gov. Palin has a Kenyan connection as well.
Care to comment?

Old 09-20-2008, 04:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
I am so impressed with the way that Sen. Obama has addressed this issue this week. Rather than rushing headlong into political sound-bite territory, he stopped, actually met with people who have an understanding of how the economy of the country works and promised to work with the administration to resolve the crisis. This is truly putting country first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections