Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 PM

658 posts, read 1,792,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Since when is getting a degree what makes us smart? They put degrees on thermometers. Guess where they sometimes stick thermometers.

Besides that, it's the C students of the world that are CEOs and leaders. It's what he/she does with his/her degree that's of most importance. Bill Gates went to a company and bought their existing operating system (for 50 thousand bucks) that they used internally to run their own systems with in their business and it became Quick and Dirty Operating System or QDOS. He was no genius. He became genius with how he marketed that system though.

I say that McCain's travels and life experiences more than qualify him in the smarts department.

Sarah's actual leadership positions as a Mayor (Executive position) and Governor (Executive position) qualify her as a leader. And that's pretty smart.
Clearly you don't believe in the value of higher education. Why do you think top companies who recruit students ask for a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and won't even consider applicants who cannot meet this requirement? Being in college is similar to having a job, in that your main requirement is to achieve as high a GPA as possible. If you can't meet that requirement, you've failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,701,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And to all you snope-y's .... come on!

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet
That was, um, tongue-in-cheek. What about the C average? LOL

Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,924,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Hey, I'm no dummy, but honestly folks. I'm sort of done with the Average Joe President of the USA.

John McCain did not graduate with high honors, and it took Sarah Palin how many years at how many schools to get her degree??

Let's at least elect someone who is smarter than the Average Joe. Since when is being smart a bad thing?? I'm just irritated at how people want a president that they can "relate to", that is "just like them". Um, no, I don't want a president just like me. I want someone better than me, and you should too!

It's a hard job, folks... we need a smart puppy in office!

I don't dissagree. But...while it would be great to have an Einstein as prez, the candidates are what they are: we are pretty much stuck with choosing between McCain or Obama. I tried complaining about them myself. It didn't work...they're still there...

Bud

Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM

18,157 posts, read 27,683,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
Clearly you don't believe in the value of higher education.
Well I'm an engineer and they say I have a 150 IQ and I'm proud of my B+ average. But I failed to take that How to become a CEO101 or How to bank $1,000,000.00, Invest, and Have Your Money Work For You 401.

I'm very confident that McCain's work experience is quite as valuable as what he would have picked up in a classroom.

You really don't fail in college unless you get a D or an F or an Incomplete. You can get a C average and go on to lead the Country. You just have to give a pretty good interview.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:46 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,845,849 times
Has anyone seen Obama's transcripts? What is he hiding?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
The supporters of both parties tend to vote for people who are smarter than them.

It's just that the GOP has a much lower bar to reach with their supporters.

You may not wish to find out how Bush, Gore and Kerry fared in school. Bush was the Einstein of the group.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,608,437 times
Default Can we please have a president smarter than me?

We've seen the results of having two terms of a C- clod in the Oval Office. And he was C- before he pickled his brain on whiskey and cocaine in the 80's.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM

18,157 posts, read 27,683,491 times
Socrates was an alcoholic and I bet he'd have stuck a snoot up his sniz if it was handy.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And to all you snope-y's .... come on!

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet
Yes, the actual Gore quote was: "I took the initiative in creating the internet."

I find it amusing that snopes states that this phrase "could [not be] reasonably interpreted" to stating "I invented the internet."

Old 09-09-2008, 03:36 PM

532 posts, read 862,470 times
Thumbs down Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Yep, I'm voting intelligence this year. IQ doesn't lie.
Maybe Bill Gates will run next time
Bill Gates is a smart guy.. He was also a school drop-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections