Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 AM

15,217 posts, read 30,704,783 times

Advertisements

These people think tuning in to the TV to watch a speech is the same as casting a vote. What the hell is wrong with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:00 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,248,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
I think the numbers speak for themselves.

More people preferred/enjoyed watching her speak, than Obama.

Do you not think that millions tuned in to find out what this person is all about? After all, I/you have never heard of her until a week ago.

Preferred/enjoyed, what ever you say chief.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM

690 posts, read 1,018,997 times
Quote:

Just because I watched and helped increase her ratings doesn't mean I will vote for her.

Oh wait....that was too hard for you to understand. Let me try again:

Not everybody who watch her liked her.

Hows that?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,321,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Since she's such an unknown, perhaps people do want to see and learn what she's all about.
That's what I was thinking too. Most people now know what Barack is all about, and may not have felt it necessary to watch his speech. Since Palin is a relative unknown, there may have been more of a need to see what her deal is.

Quote:
SUCK IT!!!!
No thanks.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,694,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
Just because people watched doesn't mean they will vote for her... I watched and I sure won't vote for her! Suck that!

Curiosity will always get people to stop and look at train wrecks...
Since when are you voting for the VP?

Shows you should not really be voting at all if you think you vote for a VP.

She is the new Messiah, move over Barack, she delivers and gets things done, Barack is "just words" with no action.

She has this entire country fired up, she has dropped Barack Obama down to a pint size nothing.

This hockey mom has destroyed Obamas paid for news cycle.

Gosh, the liberals are now all talking about the things she didnt talk about, well liberals, who cares what you people think, you had your chance and you failed us.

Palin Power is alive and well

Drill baby Drill

Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Not everybody who watch her liked her.
But no, the media was even fawning over her! After she said that she's not looking for the media's approval. Apparently answering questions entails pandering to the media for their approval.

Why not? Everything about Palin reeks of pandering. If there was no pandering, she'd have been nowhere near Minneapolis last night.

I thought some of the Obama support was sort of blind, but this takes the cake. Everything that can be said about him can be said about Palin. Sure, she was an executive, but apparently she couldn't even keep Wasilla out of the red. More debt is sure as hell not what we need.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 AM

1,904 posts, read 4,002,763 times
Quote:

So if the next American Idol ratings beat her speech's ratings does that mean that Ryan Seacrest should run for public office??

Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
So if the next American Idol ratings beat her speech's ratings does that mean that Ryan Seacrest should run for public office??
Simon Cowell 4 prez!!!!1!!!1!1!!!one!!!1!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,439,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
If he does, it'll be on the Rainbow Ticket.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:50 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,832,338 times
Quote:

I watched last night because I have no idea who this woman is. She could be a heartbeat away from the presidency, I'd like to at least be familiar with her. That is the only reason her ratings were so high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections