Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,099,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasNootz View Post
Are we electing her to be Mother-of-the-Year, or are we electing her to be vice president?

How much one on one time is Obama spending with his children these days?

If she wasn't a woman, nobody would dare ask these questions.
Intellectually that may be true but in reality when children cry out they almost always request their mother.

My personal opinion is that interaction within a family is very important when looking for leadership qualities. I have no problem with working-woman rising to the highest positions of power as my own personal hero is my wife, and I feel that she is much more qualified than I to lead. Nonetheless, I take issue with the fact that Sara Palin was elected to be the first female governor of Alaska then almost immediately became pregnant. I guess this stems from my feeling about women who enlist in the military knowing full well they could be sent to Iraq and then become pregnant thus to some extent marginalizing their claim of equal work for equal pay. To me it just boils down to an issue of personal responsibility and character.

Again I ask, why wasn’t Mr. Palin holding Trig at his wife’s introduction in Ohio? If it was to protect Bristol wouldn’t a more sensible alternative have been to pick another VP candidate. Perhaps someone better qualified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM

10,204 posts, read 11,184,898 times
Some of Those who make nasty comments about her baby - probably don't even have children, aren't married, etc.

So, take their stupidity with a grain of salt!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,663,461 times
Wow and we wonder how rumors are spread. Bristol is not Trigs mommy. Let's play, "find the catty democrat" in this thread.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,417,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
...I mean, isn't this was republicans have been chastising democrats for all along???
No. It's not. Y'all have wayyyy deeper problems than the whole working mother issue.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,688,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Wow and we wonder how rumors are spread. Bristol is not Trigs mommy. Let's play, "find the catty democrat" in this thread.
All of these hate post by liberals went out the window when 99% of them really thought that Bristol was the mommy of the baby.
They are very desperate and will believe and post anything. These people have no values in their own life but yet can post how he is a bad mommy.
Sad that we have so many hateful people who have no life other then post lies and look like fools doing so.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 AM

Default Sense and sensibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
All of these hate post by liberals went out the window when 99% of them really thought that Bristol was the mommy of the baby.
They are very desperate and will believe and post anything. These people have no values in their own life but yet can post how he is a bad mommy.
Sad that we have so many hateful people who have no life other then post lies and look like fools doing so.
I’ll ignore most of your post thanks to blanket statements. I’m not a “Liberal” yet I too have doubts about Mrs. Palin. Serious doubts that also make me question the decision making process that led to her VP nomination.

Saying that Sara Palin is more qualified than Obama is a valid argument but it does not immediately qualify her to be VP or possibly even the President.

Misleading the American people by literally covering up Bristol’s pregnancy does not endear her to me. I’m sorry if that sounds “Liberal” but I have to be honest on a matter this important.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,426,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post

Misleading the American people by literally covering up Bristol’s pregnancy does not endear her to me. I’m sorry if that sounds “Liberal” but I have to be honest on a matter this important.
Why is it "this important"? Why do you think you needed that information to make a decision about Gov. Palin? When do you think she should have disclosed this information? Do you know that it is not always customary to reveal a pregnancy until 4 or 5 months along, and that perhaps Bristol herself didn't want anyone to know until now?

I am genuinely interested in your responses. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 AM

Default So glad you asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Why is it "this important"? Why do you think you needed that information to make a decision about Gov. Palin? When do you think she should have disclosed this information? Do you know that it is not always customary to reveal a pregnancy until 4 or 5 months along, and that perhaps Bristol herself didn't want anyone to know until now?

Is it customary for the oldest daughter to hold ones child rather than the father?

Now we return to politics: A strong case can be made against George Bush for falsely getting us in to the war in Iraq. At the very least we can question his judgment. Has Sara Palin given us anything to make us believe we could expect better from her?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,925,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
hahah

well, not at all.. its great she decided to take care of the baby... i mean HAVE THE BABY.

I wonder if she is using any city/state services to "help" take care of the baby or if she is stifling her own children's lives or other family members by making them take care of a special needs baby while she selfishly persues her own career.

I just find it appalling that she would cut services for single moms in her own state when she herslef does what so many mom HAVE TO DO or CAN'T do and many times have to go on city/state services.

I mean, isn't this was republicans have been chastising democrats for all along???
This was the Republican Governor who got rid of the Governor's Chef position so she could make her kid's meals.

Shame on you for assuming you know any facts and alleging no facts in evidence.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,186,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

hmmm, what else will she "conceal" from us if she makes it to the VP office?

Cheney hid his lesbo daughter from us. That was indicative of his character and you see the road he subsequently lead us down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections