Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:51 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes thing are just terrible for Democrats in the South

RealClearPolitics - Articles - GOP Stunned By Loss in Mississippi

And in Lousiana Democrats emboldened by Louisiana win - CNN.com

These were the last two elections held in the South. Both in bright Red conservative districts

So who are you trying to fool??? ...............LOL

If Obama carries Mississippi, McCain won't carry three other states. I just don't see it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Dogfood. That's what I remember.....The GOP Brand is dogfood. Sounds like the same ole, everyday. Not a single new idea, or thought to move us from an extinct electrical system, rail system, energy system, Government system forward into this century. Not one case stated for Uniting idealogical differences amongst the people to get something (anything) done.

As of now just using Florida as a gauge . I think Mccain will win but Obama still has great chance to change thing's but as of today Biden or not I can't see Obama winning.

He better get his camp in gear and start dealing in specific's . He has lost ground in last few week's.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Obama Pulls TV Ads Out Of Red States

Let's see if he goes back into those states after the convention. He's spent about 6.5 Mil in ads in Florida, McCain - 0.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,752,000 times
McCain does have the edge right now in the south (as most past republican candidates), but I think VA (especially with NoVa) and NC (with it's colleges and transplants for up north) could possibly go blue.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
sorry upton, leave those statistics to those of us who live in the state. mmmmmk. obama is going to get slaughtered in NC in the general. the only people who like him are city dwelling transplanted liberals, and there aren't enough.
I dunno, jmarquise - you know there are plenty in the triangle, and this state has a lot of diversity...I think the results here may surprise you.

Florida, on the other hand, is probably a lost cause.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:35 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I dunno, jmarquise - you know there are plenty in the triangle, and this state has a lot of diversity...I think the results here may surprise you.

Florida, on the other hand, is probably a lost cause.
Florida may depend on Independents, the GOP and Dem numbers prior to massive Democrat new voter registrations, was separated by a pretty small margin. I believe it was around a 100K or so. There's still an opportunity there.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:42 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
Hummmm....since it has been stated that the majority of blacks would vote for Bubba HO, how many of them live in the south?????

If you get 90% of the black vote, and that is aprox 12% of the US population, but the majority of them live in areas that are considered "lost cause because they historically swing GOP"...where does that leave Bubba HO????

Old 08-24-2008, 09:48 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Florida may depend on Independents, the GOP and Dem numbers prior to massive Democrat new voter registrations, was separated by a pretty small margin. I believe it was around a 100K or so. There's still an opportunity there.
I hope so, I just remember getting my hopes up in 2004 when I lived there...

Florida independents really like McCain. I suspect they like Biden too though, even more than Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections