Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM

100 posts, read 336,107 times

Advertisements

now thats sad that the man dont know how many houses and what kind of car he drives, (weither he drives or not) when most americans are having a hard time paying the bills!! he is in touch with real americans.......who is a elitest now rush?? paaa leeezz so sad so sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 07:24 PM

31,691 posts, read 41,128,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda757 View Post
now thats sad that the man dont know how many houses and what kind of car he drives, (weither he drives or not) when most americans are having a hard time paying the bills!! he is in touch with real americans.......who is a elitest now rush?? paaa leeezz so sad so sad
And if this was your Grand Pa what would you suggest?

Old 08-22-2008, 07:37 PM

280 posts, read 687,919 times
Quote:
dear no obama is not a muslim, his father was ......WAS he wasnt raised round him and his Father died a atheist LOL look it up. but so what if he was OH thats right .....the far RIGHT thinks all muslims are terrorists!! how lovely
His step father actually (maybe you need to look it up) was muslim and it has been cited by articles, BO's family and neighbors and his school that he studied the muslim faith and went to mosque regularly with Lolo. Lets not forget his interview with the NY Times, when he was asked about his Islamic education and he replied by reciting the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer and then saying it was "one of the prettiest sounds on earth at sunset." NY Times, March 6, 2007

So thats your response to the Muslim issue, great job, and the rest??

Old 08-22-2008, 07:40 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,880,236 times
actually, most americans are paying their bills. that's pretty good considering how many americans live beyond their means. no politicians are in touch with americans. they have advisers to tell them how the rest of us live. ironically, our tax dollars go to pay for those advisers.

Quote:

Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,492,256 times
I will only post once on this thread. The subject is ridiculous. It is as hollow as the intent behind the acuser.

Many people come to this forum for intelligent debate and reasonable conversation.

I would not recommend visiting this type of thread. I knew that this thread wouldn't have any validity. It is just hateful and slanderous. The tactics of an immature person.

For goodness sake, isn't there enough of this junk in this forum already?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:04 PM

26,291 posts, read 49,219,470 times
Quote:
We have breaking news, from reliable sources, that John McCain is "reasonably sure I have all my toes... that's ten, right?"

Old 08-22-2008, 08:11 PM

167 posts, read 454,208 times
Default You people scare me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
They should keep pounding on what he had for dinner, what he drives and how many houses his family owns? I agree, that is a superb strategy, you should definitely be advising the campaign. (Actually you might do a better job) And while you are pounding him on that, lets pound Obama on why he wants live babies to be thrown in the trash, why he gave favortism to Tony Rezko and why the same felon had to practically co-sign the Obama mansion, and if he really expects us to believe he was not a muslim and could he really be so naive to not know after 20 years what his preacher was preaching and how can he have the nerve to ask typical bitter white folks to now support him and lets pound him about his very long term and friendly relationship with a terrorist as well as his close realtionships with Palestinian organizations in Chicago, and so on and so forth. Let the pounding begin. ( Don't respond about the run on sentence, I was making a point...artistic license)
You people scare me. You know that? He wants live babies to be thrown in the trash? Where in the world did you hear that? Oh..yes..you heard it from Rush Limbaugh. Tony Rezko's relationship with Obama is followed:In 1990, after Obama was elected president of the Harvard Law Review, Rezmar Corp. offered him a job, which Obama turned down. Obama did end up taking a job with law firm Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland,[26] which primarily worked civil rights cases, but also represented Rezmar and helped the company get more than $43 million in government funding and whose former senior partner, Allison S. Davis, later went into business with Rezko and, in 2003, was appointed to Illinois State Board of Investment by Governor Blagojevich at Rezko's request.[7][27] On July 31, 1995 the first ever political contributions to Obama were $300 from a lawyer, a $5,000 loan from a car dealer, and $2,000 from two food companies owned by Rezko.[28] Starting in 2003, Rezko was one of the people on Obama's U.S. Senate campaign finance committee, which raised more than $14 million.[7] Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama, which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with seed money for his U.S. Senate race.[1] Obama has since identified over $250,000 in campaign contributions to various Obama campaigns as coming from Rezko or close associates, and has claimed to have donated almost two thirds of that amount to charity.[29][30]Also, in 2005 Obama purchased a new home in the Kenwood District of Chicago for $1.65 million ($300,000 below the original price) on the same day that Rezko's wife, Rita Rezko, purchased the adjoining empty lot from the same sellers for the full asking price.[31] Obama acknowledged bringing his interest in the property to Rezko's attention,[32] but denied any coordination of offers. According to Obama, while the properties had originally been a single property, the previous owners decided to sell the land as two separate lots, but made it a condition of the sales that they be closed on the same date. Obama also claimed that the properties had been on the market for months, that his offer was the best of two bids, and that Ms. Rezko's bid was matched by another offer, also of $625,000, so that she could not have purchased the property for less.[33] Obama's description of the purchase was later confirmed by the previous owner of the house.[34]After it had been reported in 2006 that Rezko was under federal investigation for influence-peddling, Obama purchased a 10 foot (3.0 m) wide strip of Ms. Rezko's property for $104,500, $60,000 above the assessed value.[31][7] According to Chicago Sun-Times columnist, Mark Brown, "Rezko definitely did Obama a favor by selling him the 10-foot strip of land, making his own parcel less attractive for development."[35] Obama acknowledges that the exchange may have created the appearance of impropriety, and stated "I consider this a mistake on my part and I regret it."[33]On December 28, 2006, Ms. Rezko sold the property to a company owned by her husband's former business attorney. That sale of $575,000, combined with the earlier $104,500 sale to the Obamas, amounted to a net profit of $54,500 over her original purchase, less $14,000 for a fence along the property line and other expenses.[36][37] In October 2007, the new owners put the still vacant land up for sale again, this time for $1.5 million.[38]Obama is not or never was a Muslim. No proof of this. But, okay..his name..its his name, that is proof he is a Muslim, right? I bet Bill O'Reilly told you this. But, lets just to say he was a Muslim, would that be a bad thing? I know Muslims and they are wonderful God loving people. This is what O'bama said:The pastor of my church, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who recently preached his last sermon and is in the process of retiring, has touched off a firestorm over the last few days. He's drawn attention as the result of some inflammatory and appalling remarks he made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents.Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue.Because these particular statements by Rev. Wright are so contrary to my own life and beliefs, a number of people have legitimately raised questions about the nature of my relationship with Rev. Wright and my membership in the church. Let me therefore provide some context. As I have written about in my books, I first joined Trinity United Church of Christ nearly twenty years ago. I knew Rev. Wright as someone who served this nation with honor as a United States Marine, as a respected biblical scholar, and as someone who taught or lectured at seminaries across the country, from Union Theological Seminary to the University of Chicago. He also led a diverse congregation that was and still is a pillar of the South Side and the entire city of Chicago. It's a congregation that does not merely preach social justice but acts it out each day, through ministries ranging from housing the homeless to reaching out to those with HIV/AIDS. Let the pounding begin but with truth but with only the truth and not with rhetoric that can be heard through listening to Hannity, O'Reilly or Rush.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,764,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I will only post once on this thread. The subject is ridiculous. It is as hollow as the intent behind the acuser.

Many people come to this forum for intelligent debate and reasonable conversation.

I would not recommend visiting this type of thread. I knew that this thread wouldn't have any validity. It is just hateful and slanderous. The tactics of an immature person.

For goodness sake, isn't there enough of this junk in this forum already?
Pot calling the kettle black.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Obama's church tells it's followers that the United States government infected African Americans with AIDS in an attempt to enact genocide on people of color.

If the church does good things for folks, that is a good thing. But to lie to people and to promote hatred is the wrong way to go about it. Wright would excite his flock on Sunday morning and have them go home hating white people.

There is something terribly wrong with this.

I will let you decide for yourself havasulady.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black.
Blacknight, you're right, I've said some ridiculous things too. Hey, it's an election year. If I get too out of hand I'll get another warning from the moderators. Ha, Ha. You're worse than I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections