Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,784,250 times

Advertisements

It is obvious to me that, in addition to not knowing much about the economy, McCain obviously does not know much about his own party either. Yesterday Hannity spent lots of time attacking McCain for saying that the Republican Party is "the party of Lincoln" and that the North Carolina Republicans should run a dirty attack ad against Obama in a Democratic primary. Hannity said that McCain does not know his own party and for once, I agree with Hannity. The Republican party quit being the party of Lincoln when Nixon came on the scene with all his filthy lies, criminality and his racist "southern strategy" campaign. Where the Hell has McCain been for the past 40 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,169,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Where the Hell has McCain been for the past 40 years?
Senility is a b***h.

McCain is a moderate. Too moderate for many Republicans, but as usual, they fall in line, hold their nose, and vote against the Democrat.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 AM

439 posts, read 606,334 times
Has people watched in the last week? What do you think of all the blunders he made? I can only see them hurting him big time in the General.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:11 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,577,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Senility is a b***h.

McCain is a moderate. Too moderate for many Republicans, but as usual, they fall in line, hold their nose, and vote against the Democrat.
And that's what I will do until I die...vote against the Democrat.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:21 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republican party quit being the party of Lincoln when Nixon came on the scene with all his filthy lies, criminality and his racist "southern strategy" campaign.
May I ask how old you are? Richard Nixon issued Executive Order No. 11478 in 1969 requiring federal agencies to establish and maintain an affirmative action program of equal employment opportunity for all civilian employees. Also during Nixon's administration, EEOC conducted the first compliance reviews of hiring policies toward women by institutions of higher education receiving federal grants. When Nixon got into office, 68% of black children in the South attended all black schools. By 1972, 8% did. LBJ spent $911 million for civil rights activities, including $75 million for civil rights enforcement during the 1969 fiscal year and for FY 1973 Nixon's budget called for $2.6 billion for civil rights of which $602 million was for enforcement. There wasn't any teeth in LBJ's and Kennedy's affirmative action activities until 1969 when Nixon required Federal contractors to hire minority workers. I don't think Nixon was racist. You can look it up.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:26 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,446,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
May I ask how old you are? Richard Nixon issued Executive Order No. 11478 in 1969 requiring federal agencies to establish and maintain an affirmative action program of equal employment opportunity for all civilian employees. Also during Nixon's administration, EEOC conducted the first compliance reviews of hiring policies toward women by institutions of higher education receiving federal grants. When Nixon got into office, 68% of black children in the South attended all black schools. By 1972, 8% did. LBJ spent $911 million for civil rights activities, including $75 million for civil rights enforcement during the 1969 fiscal year and for FY 1973 Nixon's budget called for $2.6 billion for civil rights of which $602 million was for enforcement. There wasn't any teeth in LBJ's and Kennedy's affirmative action activities until 1969 when Nixon required Federal contractors to hire minority workers. I don't think Nixon was racist. You can look it up.
its true, the racist pandering of the republican party started with reagan

Old 04-26-2008, 01:32 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,271,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Its funny BUT its true

Nixon for all his filth was the last GREAT "DEMOCRAT" PRESIDENT, he carried on ALL JFK's policies.

William Jefferson was a fake, he s a NeoCON as is Hillary

EDIT: having said that !!! SOme of the Nixon recordings do show some verbal racism as did LBJ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections