Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,649,671 times

Advertisements

This is a question that has really been eating me up inside. How can anyone really believe McCain will change anything when he is a part of the old school crowd. He has occupied a seat in Washington for 25 years and has certainly not been a big voice for change. He has been along for the ride with all the rest of these old school politicians as they have systematically raped and pillaged the Constitution. But now we are supposed to believe he has had a change of heart and wants to change so many things that he himself was a part of. It seems ludicrous for anyone to support this man based on the idea he will bring change. I think he actually has more support from the no change crowd. Those Americans(mainly in their later years) who don't want or feel they need change. He has the baby boomer vote and beyond because they are perfectly happy with things the way they are. They have already benefitted from the way America used to be, and now they don't much care what happens because they are already set up to finish out their lives. So if anyone has a real answer to this question I would really like to hear it. So much bad talk about Obama's platform of change yet now the Repubs have jumped on board because they realize its a catchy slogan that gets the attention of the younger voters who are stuggling in this increasingly hostile economic environment. So please, don't respond as if this is a pro Obama thread. Just answer the question as if it was just posed to you on the street corner. I really want to know what you all think McCain is going to change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,851,624 times
McCain will NOT make any major changes. In fact he will probably not make any changes at all if elected. He will say that the Bush Administration has screwed things up so badly that he has to sort that out first and it will take at least 4 years to even think about change. Obama will probably use the same excuse but he is the only candidate that has any chance of really making change. The Senate is Dem and with a Dem Administration change can occur. John McCain will say he is blocked by the Dem Congress and smile sweetly as he does nothing, except maybe start another war.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 AM

479 posts, read 879,800 times
Sorry the McCain supporters are out digging up lies about Obama and don't know what McCain stands for besides POW!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,918,250 times
I don't understand how you think a man like Obama, who has done nothing, ever, at all in his career yet, to actually change something. any police/fire chief in this country is better qualified for president than obama, he has NO EXPERIENCE administrating anything.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Yeah, I am starting to wonder.

I expected to be flooded with some hate posts at least. It seems when you really just plain ask this simple question they don't have any real answers because they know good and well McCain is piggy backing off of Obama's platform. Now I am not saying I think Obama will be our savior, bringing forth change like mana from heaven. But I do sort of think our chances for anything getting done will increase dramatically if we get some younger blood in office. But as far as voting for him, I am still kind of at a crossroad. I am neither Democrat or Republican, and my views lean more towards Independent. So the question is do I write in my choice and essentially waste my vote or do I side with who I feel is the lesser of two evils. Its a tricky question which has really left a bad taste in my mouth for this election.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:35 AM

479 posts, read 879,800 times
McCain has no experience either and has been wrong about everything while Obama has been mostly right on the same issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
I don't understand how you think a man like Obama, who has done nothing, ever, at all in his career yet, to actually change something. any police/fire chief in this country is better qualified for president than obama, he has NO EXPERIENCE administrating anything.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
And I don't see anywhere in my OP where I directly supported Obama. Stop dodging the question instead of answering with anti Obama garbage. If you don't have an answer, then simply don't comment.

Quote:
McCain supporters, can you please tell me how we can expect any kind of real change from an old school politician?

Can you answer this question?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,574 times
McCain supporters know there won't be any changes. They are simply in the orgasmic dream that is Sarah Palin right now.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Unfortunately, the issues are not what is important in this election. Obama is a man of substance, dignity, intelligence, poise, and versatility. He's the greatest presidential candidate to come along in recent memory. McCain is a wax figure, who is so old his face appears to be melting off at times. He looks like the product of a nuclear accident. He has been in the Senate for a long time and supported Bush. He's pathetic and he's had no impact. But this doesn't matter to many of the voters in this country. People seem more interested in sound bites and superficial matters. McCain says that Obama was wrong about the "surge", while ignoring the fact that the "surge" does not cover up the fact that Bush lied to go to war, lied about the progress of the war, avoided the glaring reality that the war has been lost. Their ideology remains strong. We bombed the hell out of Afghanistan thinking this was going to change things there and it didn't. Bush/mcCain/Republicans failed miserably in their so-called "war on terror." They wasted trillions in the process, ignored the domestic agenda, caused thousands to be killed needlessly because of the lies, millions more maimed, crippled, lives ruined. Red states were wrong. Conservatives were wrong. Neocons were wrong. McCain was wrong. In this election year, McCain will say anything to win, and change nothing.

But to many in this country, this is unimportant. They don't want that black man to get in office so they're looking for any reason, no matter how insignificant to justify voting for that very pathetic McCain. A simple statement like "Obama was wrong about the surge" is all they need. Very sad bunch, which is the reason Bush got in a second term.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,883,211 times
This question and issue has been beaten to death here at CD. Just because you want a little attention doesnt mean mccain supprters have to participte. Go find one of the many threads identical to this and read
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections