Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:53 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Days after he cracked that being rich in the U.S. meant earning at least $5 million a year, Republican presidential candidate John McCain acknowledged that he wasn't sure how many houses he and his wealthy wife actually own.

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain responded to a question posed by Politico, according to a story Thursday on the publication's Web site. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."
McCain not sure how many houses he and wife own - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Why the hell isn't the Obama campaign painting him as a rich elitist out of touch with ordinary Americans? If Obama thinks he can win this election without going negative then he is in for a shock. I am really frustated at how Obama is running his campaign right now, there is no sense of urgency and passion coming from him right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Why the hell isn't the Obama campaign painting him as a rich elitist out of touch with ordinary Americans? If Obama thinks he can win this election without going negative then he is in for a shock. I am really frustated at how Obama is running his campaign right now, there is no sense of urgency and passion coming from him right now.

I'm frustrated too, the whole campaign has a sort of complacency that has set in. It's almost like they're afraid to go negative. You would think they would have learned something from the Kerry campaign.

Even when Obama says something the least bit negative about McCain it's almost like he's apologizing. Right now it's like he's up against the ropes and taking punch after punch and not fighting back. It's long past time to start throwing punches, better to go down swinging than never to have tried.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Team Obama is falling apart at the seams.

They cannot paint them as elitist because it will only show how Obama is out of touch. He still thinks the middle class is 150,000 which is around 100,000 off.

McCain donates tons of money, the McCains give money away like it is water, Cindy donates her time and her money to both foreign and domestic people in need.

They are the real deal and do not ask for favors in return for a good deed like your boy does.

Frustration is setting in.

By they way, he wont listen to you the voters, you might as well give up.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
McCain donates tons of money, the McCains give money away like it is water
Easy come easy go huh?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
Easy come easy go huh?
How much have the Obama's given away, as a percentage of their net worth?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm frustrated too, the whole campaign has a sort of complacency that has set in. It's almost like they're afraid to go negative. You would think they would have learned something from the Kerry campaign.

Even when Obama says something the least bit negative about McCain it's almost like he's apologizing. Right now it's like he's up against the ropes and taking punch after punch and not fighting back. It's long past time to start throwing punches, better to go down swinging than never to have tried.
I said it during the primaries. Obama has allowed the GOP to set the tone of this election. Having done that, Obama can respond to things like this or he can be like Kerry. He's choosing to be like Kerry. The DNC should be stepping up attacks against McCain allowing Obama to focus on the issues. Dean should know that after what was done to him for being a little excited at the prospect of rushing across America winning primaries.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:47 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

As David Gergen alluded to several days ago, "It is not in Obama's DNA to put up a fight"..... he is a type, a very passive, head in the clouds, kinda wussy, metrosexual guy. Just not POTUS material, sorry.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Sounds like the average American to me.....I have no clue how many houses I have either

Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
As David Gergen alluded to several days ago, "It is not in Obama's DNA to put up a fight"..... he is a type, a very passive, head in the clouds, kinda wussy, metrosexual guy. Just not POTUS material, sorry.
I agree that Obama needs to step it up some against one dimensional McNasty. It's a shame that he is going to have to stoop to McCain's level but sometimes you can't just ignore the schoolyard bully. What a friggin' circus this is turning out to be!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
The reason he doesnt go after him is because there is nothing there. Dems dont know how to play smear politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections